Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

More Titans tested positive. If this continues, their next game is going to be in jeopardy too. Vikings have had no positives for a few days. So looking like they may be ok to play. I'm betting they were looking forward to staying at 0-3 another week and not going to 0-4.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

So the Titans have tested positive but none of the Vikings? That seems very strange and maybe indication that the spread during games isn't as easy first thought. Plus no players have been hospitalized which bodes well also.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

packman114 wrote:
02 Oct 2020 13:13
So the Titans have tested positive but none of the Vikings? That seems very strange and maybe indication that the spread during games isn't as easy first thought. Plus no players have been hospitalized which bodes well also.
I mean two of the positive tests were a long-snapper and a practice squad player, so opportunities to transmit to the Vikings are scant.

But Jones did play 51 snaps against the Vikings, so it's a little surprising that, say, the Vikings' C/Gs made it through unscathed.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Oct 2020 13:18
packman114 wrote:
02 Oct 2020 13:13
I mean two of the positive tests were a long-snapper and a practice squad player, so opportunities to transmit to the Vikings are scant.

But Jones did play 51 snaps against the Vikings, so it's a little surprising that, say, the Vikings' C/Gs made it through unscathed.
He was probably feeling sorry for the Queens and didn't trash talk much! :rotf:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

packman114 wrote:
02 Oct 2020 13:22
YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Oct 2020 13:18

He was probably feeling sorry for the Queens and didn't trash talk much! :rotf:
I was thinking they probably are such bad players that they barely got their hands on him

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Well it just got dicier I would say.

Per field Yates, Cam Newton positive for Corona.

Out for Sunday’s game vs Chiefs
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NFL might need to start cracking down on the players and their social lives.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

KC now with positive cases.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I kinda figured Weeks 3-4 would be the real moment-of-truth, at which point, we'd be looking at a delay/postponement, maybe even cancellation. That, or this thing was gonna become Corona-ball, with the playoffs essentially coming down to which clubs had the least costly losses from the 'roner.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

If I was the NFL I'd have done it the safe way: rent some property, put all players in there in lockdown and play the season out in one stadium. This can quickly become a mess esp. if some players suffer from COVID.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
03 Oct 2020 13:19
I kinda figured Weeks 3-4 would be the real moment-of-truth, at which point, we'd be looking at a delay/postponement, maybe even cancellation. That, or this thing was gonna become Corona-ball, with the playoffs essentially coming down to which clubs had the least costly losses from the 'roner.

me too, I actually gave it 6 weeks, I don't mind postponing games, but cancellations would really hurt for the best teams in a tight division race, imagine missing the play offs based on a cancelled game or two, postponing doesn't bother me as much, I've wished for years that football was a 12 month sport, 2 months of TC, 4 PS games to hone the TC would produce a better product, more precision.

fans like scoring, if we went to something like that defenses would really struggle to control the scoring, course they already do against the great passing teams.

I hope the season isn't cancelled since we again are doing so well.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

German_Panzer wrote:
03 Oct 2020 13:46
If I was the NFL I'd have done it the safe way: rent some property, put all players in there in lockdown and play the season out in one stadium. This can quickly become a mess esp. if some players suffer from COVID.
I can't believe you think of NFL players, coaches and staff as some dolls that can be put into a real life dollhouse to secure our entertainment.

These are people. With lives, families, people they need to be in contact with.

Our entertainment is faaaar from the most important thing here.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

salmar80 wrote:
03 Oct 2020 14:57
German_Panzer wrote:
03 Oct 2020 13:46
I can't believe you think of NFL players, coaches and staff as some dolls that can be put into a real life dollhouse to secure our entertainment.

These are people. With lives, families, people they need to be in contact with.

Our entertainment is faaaar from the most important thing here.
Whatever, DANCE, when I say dance!!

Read More. Post Less.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

salmar80 wrote:
These people make millions of $$$ and I am holding them accountable for such an amount of money. If they wanna be treated like the normal Joe & Mary, pay them like Joe & Mary. Didn't the NBA basically run my model anyway?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

German_Panzer wrote:
03 Oct 2020 23:52
salmar80 wrote:
These people make millions of $$$ and I am holding them accountable for such an amount of money. If they wanna be treated like the normal Joe & Mary, pay them like Joe & Mary. Didn't the NBA basically run my model anyway?
It aint your money, how old are you? these have to be some of the most idiotic comments we've had in this forum in years, I suppose if we had a prize for such lunacy you'd get it.

this isn't Dubi or some other Dictator country just yet, with forced encampment labor, F O

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

German_Panzer wrote:
salmar80 wrote:
You'd put 32 teams on one field every week? Instead of Corona ball it would be ACL ball. Which team has the most ACL's still intact?

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
04 Oct 2020 07:38
German_Panzer wrote:
salmar80 wrote:
It aint your money, how old are you? these have to be some of the most idiotic comments we've had in this forum in years, I suppose if we had a prize for such lunacy you'd get it.

this isn't Dubi or some other Dictator country just yet, with forced encampment labor, F O
Well you don't have to force the players to participate.

Lots of people work away from the home. Forest firemen. Oil Riggers. Military personnel etc. etc.

Lots of these people may be away from home for weeks to months at a time when necessary. I don't think German's suggestion is ridiculous. . Players can opt out if they wish. And the NBA is already doing this.

But the NFL has decided their route. A little late now to do the bubble approach.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
04 Oct 2020 08:08
I don't think German's suggestion is ridiculous.
It is. You can't expect one field to hold up with all that traffic. Even artificial turf.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
04 Oct 2020 08:12
go pak go wrote:
04 Oct 2020 08:08
I don't think German's suggestion is ridiculous.
It is. You can't expect one field to hold up with all that traffic. Even artificial turf.
I don't think you would have to do a one field bubble. You could have multiple sites. Like 8 sites or something. So like the NFC North would pair up with the NFC South at a site. And then midway through the year the North would pair up with the AFC South.

But your challenge would be scheduling as your fields are condensed where two games would have to play on the same day on the same site.

I can see it from the field argument though more than the personal argument equating the players to almost a "slave-like" status of forcing them to stay in the bubble. Because again, there is lots of choice before hand.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.