Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
14 Apr 2022 12:50
My thought is that I'd actually like both Julio and Watkins and then still draft two WR's high. Worst case is you have some bridge the gap veteran leadership who have both caught big game clinching (well, then Atlanta blew the game after Julio's catch) receptions in the Super Bowl while the rookie WR's find their way.
I mean this roster doesn't seem like a roster that has more than 6 WRs.

So you're either counting on injuries or you're cutting Rodgers and likely Cobb.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
15 Apr 2022 11:29
Acrobat wrote:
My thought is that I'd actually like both Julio and Watkins and then still draft two WR's high. Worst case is you have some bridge the gap veteran leadership who have both caught big game clinching (well, then Atlanta blew the game after Julio's catch) receptions in the Super Bowl while the rookie WR's find their way.

So you're either counting on injuries or you're cutting Rodgers and likely Cobb.
Julio, Watkins, Lazard, Cobb, Rookie, Rookie or Rodgers). I'm definitely not sold on Rodgers but yeah probably too early to cut ties. I'm trying to remember the rules, is he eligible for Practice Squad?

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Acrobat wrote:
15 Apr 2022 11:56
go pak go wrote:
15 Apr 2022 11:29
Acrobat wrote:

Julio, Watkins, Lazard, Cobb, Rookie, Rookie or Rodgers). I'm definitely not sold on Rodgers but yeah probably too early to cut ties. I'm trying to remember the rules, is he eligible for Practice Squad?
I believe he is under the current expanded squad rules, but he would have to be cut first which is a risk
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Reports that Packers are showing interest in Deebo. Probably the high dollar WR I want the least.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
22 Apr 2022 14:09
Reports that Packers are showing interest in Deebo. Probably the high dollar WR I want the least.
Despite his crazy success, I'm still not in love with him. A little unimpressed by his TD production, only 10 TD's in 3 years now.

However, I really do love him for this O (similar to Shanahan's obviously) a lot more than I do a guy like Metcalf. So he would probably be my #1 choice if we trade. I obviously love AJ Brown as anyone followed that draft with will tell you, but as a fantasy owner, I'm nervous about his durability.

But yeah, guessing he would get at least what we got for Davante, probably more, in trade compensation. Would be hard to part with 22, 53 and then probably something from 2023.

Would be a smarter sign though, contractually. Davante likely to start slowing down, Deebo just entering prime, got him for pennies at least one year. We were willing to pay Davante crazy money.

These younger lot of guys should be signing smaller contract than Tae and Hill. 2023 Franchise tag estimate is only like 20 million. That would make 2024 24 million. He's set to make 4 million this year. 48 over the next 3 years, that should be a pretty standard starting point for negotiations.

So toss on two more years at 30 million per, should be talking about, that's only 108 million over 5 years, or under 22 million per. That should kind of be the ceiling for any of this lot of WR's, Deebo, Brown, McLaurin, Claypool, etc. Just the way contracts are set up, they don't have the leverage the other guys had. yet it can still be called a 4 year 104 million (26 annually) in new money for a fancy headline and we can spread out the money how we see fit over the 5 years more or less.

And frankly I don't think any of those guys should be getting that kind of money either, that money should be for guys like Justin Jefferson and Jamar Chase when the time comes.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
22 Apr 2022 14:09
In on every conversation. The Packers don't make this move, ever. Trade package + huge contract. I'd say 0.00001% possibility anything comes of this.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

My problem is Deebo's durability. Is he going to last as long as a normal WR when he's taking hits like a RB too? Just makes me nervous.

I know he doesn't want to play that role anymore either. I think he'll be damn good for a few more years. But not sure I want to count on him for more than 2 or 3. And for the price, I don't love it.

I didn't actually know Brown was so beat up last year. 2 knee strains, a hammy, chest injury and calf. Also missed 3 weeks in 2020 with a knee bruise.
RIP JustJeff

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

No on trading for some big name WR. Draft and develop and shop in the bargain bin.

AR's passer rating sans Davante is 112. The OFF will be fine.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
22 Apr 2022 15:26
My problem is Deebo's durability. Is he going to last as long as a normal WR when he's taking hits like a RB too? Just makes me nervous.

I know he doesn't want to play that role anymore either. I think he'll be damn good for a few more years. But not sure I want to count on him for more than 2 or 3. And for the price, I don't love it.

I didn't actually know Brown was so beat up last year. 2 knee strains, a hammy, chest injury and calf. Also missed 3 weeks in 2020 with a knee bruise.
I think that's Deebo's argument.

RB's have short lives and don't get paid. He wants to be a WR.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
24 Apr 2022 13:21
Also fascinating that Russell Wilson is top 5 in this.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Apr 2022 13:34
NCF wrote:
Also fascinating that Russell Wilson is top 5 in this.
Yeah, one could argue that 3 of the teams on this list have invested THE MOST at WR (Seahawks with DK and Lockett's big contract; Cardinals with Hopkins, Kirk, Moore, Isabella, Green; Eagles, back-to-back first round picks there with Smith and Reagor)

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

NCF wrote:
Amazing - mvp with the worst group.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yep. One stat shows our WRs were the most open, another shows least open. In the same tweet mind you.

And people with an agenda hop on the stat they like most as gospel.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

BF004 wrote:
24 Apr 2022 17:35
Yep. One stat shows our WRs were the most open, another shows least open. In the same tweet mind you.

And people with an agenda hop on the stat they like most as gospel.
Kinda like PFF. Everyone here uses some internet source to support their narrative. Well except for the elite I guess. Copy and Paste.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I like the player, but I don't see it. We don't draft IOL in the first.

RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I refuse to believe stuff that defy's what I see and basic common sense, our #1 is targeted over twice as often as anyone else on the roster, yet according to this, they where open more often then receivers from any other team in the league, no sale. :thwap:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Brett Kollman did an OL video that made me pretty okay with taking Johnson, could be a nice piece inside while Jenkins moves over to RT. At 28, would not mind the pick.

But man, if I didn't have a serious man-crush on Kenyon Green before watching it, I definitely do now. He's pretty much like "put him at G, point him at the opposing defense and tell him, 'go kill some people' -!"

I want that on our OL. I want it something fierce.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
24 Apr 2022 21:56
Brett Kollman did an OL video that made me pretty okay with taking Johnson, could be a nice piece inside while Jenkins moves over to RT. At 28, would not mind the pick.

But man, if I didn't have a serious man-crush on Kenyon Green before watching it, I definitely do now. He's pretty much like "put him at G, point him at the opposing defense and tell him, 'go kill some people' -!"

As far as immediate impact, I think a mauler and dominant Olineman (guard) will bring more dividends to the 2022 Green Bay Packers than a 1st Round WR will.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
25 Apr 2022 07:06
Labrev wrote:
24 Apr 2022 21:56

As far as immediate impact, I think a mauler and dominant Olineman (guard) will bring more dividends to the 2022 Green Bay Packers than a 1st Round WR will.
Jenkins was a freak in the 2nd round, all rookie team, probably one of the best G/T's the team has ever drafted, this is not the normal, there are several quality G prospects in this class, imo it's debatable that they will have the rookie season of Elkton.

most of the WR that will be picked in round one will start early and be productive for the teams that take them, specially the GB Packers, why people keep down playing this WR class amasses me, none are perfect, they never are, when a player like Jefferson drops to slot 22 that should tell ya 21 GM's saw some negative aspects they didn't like, it'll be the same with this class.
some have Burks now dropping into the 2nd round, some have WAtson with a first round grade, it's crazy, and hard to predict.

I fall back to pre combine evals and ranking because there based on on field play grades, not a bunch of drills that a player can hone up on to impress the GM's, sure those drills often raise player draft value, or lower it, but as most GM's say, they use those drills to confirm prior opinions of prospects, and these top 5 receivers have held those rankings for months, and I don't see any as bench riders as rookies, so obviously I think they provide plenty of impact this season.