Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I don't believe that AR is going to want to carry Love's clipboard. Nor do I think that AR is the ideal QB to develop this season's 6th round WR and a UDFA. I think he would retire if that is his choice and I think the Packers would want him to retire over making him the backup.

As for other teams' interest. There might be 1 or 2 teams if the price is a top 10 1st round pick. I don't believe any team is going to part with a top 10 pick and to make that work the Packers would have to sweeten the deal. For example, AR plus the Packers 2nd round pick for the other team's 1st round pick. There likely would be about 10 interested teams if the price was only a 2nd round pick, but that is still preferable to him retiring with 40 million in dead cap and no compensation at all.

If Rodgers were really worth a top 10 pick, the deal would be already done, IMO.

What is very unlikely is to start Rodgers because then Love is gone next January and all the Packers get for him is a comp pick.

As for trading Love, the Packers already told the entire league that they have no confidence in him by not playing him the last several games of last season when the Packers were highly unlikely to make the playoffs. Who is going to give very much for him now in a trade? Next January any team that wants Love only has to give Love the money, no lost draft picks - and Rodgers might miss a game or 3 so they would know what they are paying for.

Gute messed up big time. Had he not caved to Rodgers, Love would have a year of experience, Rodgers would be gone with little or no dead cap and the Packers could afford to exercise the 5th year option on Love. Plus they would have an extra 1st round pick from last year's draft an likely an extra draft pick this spring.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Making roster space and extra cap dollars for another QB. ;)

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I do think that the Patriots would be the one team that is a possible wild card.

In Rodgers’ mind, maybe they are the one team that has enough pieces that they could make a good playoff run. Plus, they have Belicheck. He might like them more than the Jets (or any other team).

The only problem with that theory is that the Pats likely wouldn’t give up draft picks for Rodgers, at least not in 2023.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
04 Mar 2023 08:10

Also adds a veteran to the FA pool to help support Love.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:

Brian Hoyer? There has to be someone better than him out there...

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
04 Mar 2023 09:02
BF004 wrote:

Also adds a veteran to the FA pool to help support Love.
If the Pats and Billy don't want him, why would we? nah, there are other backups that wont cost as much, and besides, sticking with tradition as Gute has done concerning the position, he will draft a QB in the 2nd and 6th round in a month like Teddy T did :lol: don't worry, be happy :toke:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

texas wrote:
05 Mar 2023 13:24
So intrigued by the contents of this since-deleted tweet

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

YoHoChecko wrote:
05 Mar 2023 17:51
texas wrote:
Some guy said that his sources said that MLF is telling Rodgers to come back for another year and that Rodgers would prefer that as well.

Idk, just another rumor. With that and $2.99 you can buy a bag of chips but I figured I'd post it since his follows seemed to be legit enough.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Scuttlebutt says that Vegas may try to trade for Mac Jones.

There's a lot of doubt that NE is actually intent on moving him, but... we saw some of those tidbits that [mention]BF004[/mention] posted about them, so I wonder.

This would also seem to reaffirm LV's disinterest in Rodgers, but it could also help clear the way for the Pats to make a push for him.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Labrev wrote:
06 Mar 2023 08:06

There's a lot of doubt that NE is actually intent on moving him, but... we saw some of those tidbits that @BF004 posted about them, so I wonder.

This would also seem to reaffirm LV's disinterest in Rodgers, but it could also help clear the way for the Pats to make a push for him.
Great 3-way trade scenarios started running through my head last night

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

texas wrote:
05 Mar 2023 23:04
YoHoChecko wrote:
texas wrote:
Some guy said that his sources said that MLF is telling Rodgers to come back for another year and that Rodgers would prefer that as well.

Idk, just another rumor. With that and $2.99 you can buy a bag of chips but I figured I'd post it since his follows seemed to be legit enough.
Lafleur terrified of life without rodgers. Fear of being exposed. You can see it everytime he talks about the situation. Almost looks like he’s gonna cry.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Mar 2023 08:17
Labrev wrote:
06 Mar 2023 08:06

There's a lot of doubt that NE is actually intent on moving him, but... we saw some of those tidbits that @BF004 posted about them, so I wonder.

Great 3-way trade scenarios started running through my head last night
image.png
image.png (11.58 KiB) Viewed 413 times

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Cheesehead TV said that Rodgers was in NY last week. Of course that doesn’t mean a thing.

Carr to the Saints this morning. And that also doesn’t mean a thing.

Yet the Jets were supposedly very high on Rodgers. Does this mean that a trade is being worked out? Or that Garropalo is headed to NY? Or nothing?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Mar 2023 09:11
texas wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Lafleur terrified of life without rodgers. Fear of being exposed. You can see it everytime he talks about the situation. Almost looks like he’s gonna cry.
People say that a lot but I think that's just his face.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

texas wrote:
06 Mar 2023 13:31
Drj820 wrote:
texas wrote:

Who? the only person I've ever heard say it is DRJ, and he says it because he doesn't like Lafleur, Rodgers, Gutekunst, Murphy, Russ Ball, the Groundskeeper, the Custodian, basically everyone not named Rich Bisaccia, and I'am not even sure he likes him :lol:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Yoop wrote:
06 Mar 2023 13:40
texas wrote:
06 Mar 2023 13:31
Drj820 wrote:

Who? the only person I've ever heard say it is DRJ, and he says it because he doesn't like Lafleur, Rodgers, Gutekunst, Murphy, Russ Ball, the Groundskeeper, the Custodian, basically everyone not named Rich Bisaccia, and I'am not even sure he likes him :lol:
I remember people saying it 2 years ago when Rodgers started doing this, and then again last offseason, and a few random points when we'd lose. Maybe it was DRJ every time...

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

If your still begging the 39 year old to come back, who takes up all your cap, who threatens retirement every time he doesn’t get his way…when you have a first round draft pick on the roster waiting to take over….

You are scared of life without the pain in a**. Let’s be honest.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Mar 2023 14:06
If your still begging the 39 year old to come back, who takes up all your cap, who threatens retirement every time he doesn’t get his way…when you have a first round draft pick on the roster waiting to take over….

Are you relying on the deleted tweet posted by someone bud fox referred to as “some guy” for your evidence of this occurring?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Mar 2023 14:15
Drj820 wrote:
06 Mar 2023 14:06

Are you relying on the deleted tweet posted by someone bud fox referred to as “some guy” for your evidence of this occurring?
For this instance, yes. But I’ve seen it timeless times myself with own eyes.