Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
04 Oct 2020 08:08
Yoop wrote:
04 Oct 2020 07:38
German_Panzer wrote:
03 Oct 2020 23:52

These people make millions of $$$ and I am holding them accountable for such an amount of money. If they wanna be treated like the normal Joe & Mary, pay them like Joe & Mary. Didn't the NBA basically run my model anyway?
It aint your money, how old are you? these have to be some of the most idiotic comments we've had in this forum in years, I suppose if we had a prize for such lunacy you'd get it.

this isn't Dubi or some other Dictator country just yet, with forced encampment labor, F O
Well you don't have to force the players to participate.

Lots of people work away from the home. Forest firemen. Oil Riggers. Military personnel etc. etc.

Lots of these people may be away from home for weeks to months at a time when necessary. I don't think German's suggestion is ridiculous. . Players can opt out if they wish. And the NBA is already doing this.

But the NFL has decided their route. A little late now to do the bubble approach.
He is, his comment is that he wants to hold these rich athletes accountable and force them to quarantine and stay healthy to provide him intertainment, as though this is Rome 1000 AD.

and unless we are in a war soldiers go hom at night, these athletes didn't sign up to go on the road or be away from familys as workers who travel for work do, it aint gona happen, we'll cancel the season if to many get sick.

the one field to play on is a stipulation that has no bearing on this, there is such a thing as free will, in this country we only force convicts to do stuff like this.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop. Then the players can opt out. They already were given that opportunity to opt out this season while getting to live a normal life and still got paid a hell of a lot more than ordinary people FOR DOING NOTHING. I don't get the opportunity to make $350k because I decide I don't want to work for my CPA firm during Covid. In fact, I don't get any compensation if I decide my work is too high risk. I get to quit and be out of a job.

The NBA is doing this. So is the NBA the equivalent of Rome and the gladiators?

And military personnel don't always get to sleep at home. I have friends in the Navy. Army, etc. My Naval friend hardly ever gets to be "home" because he is on a ship in the middle of the ocean. Even during peacetime. And no, family can't be on that ship with him. I also have friends who are currently in Germany. South Korea. Or even different states in the US for months/years at a time.

Yes. The Army personnel have the ability to have their family there with them if they choose depending on circumstance. But there are certainly industries where people need to spend significant amounts of time away from their families and home.

German Panzer likely went a little farther in his language than I would, but I don't think the idea of a bubble is ridiculous notion from a personal standpoint. The players always have a choice.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Didn't the NBA just do - kind of - what I proposed when they played their playoffs in Orlando?!? I didn't quite follow it, so I may have gotten a wrong idea. My main concern is that players have too much "outside contact" and that can threaten the season. I assume that it is the players and franchises that are most interested to play a seamless season, else they'll lose much money. I mean we'd talk about 1.500 players and 5 months - that's something to lock them down. But if COVID hits and the season needs to be abandoned and the NFL loses 1 billion $ then it will look bad in hindsight.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Yoop wrote:
04 Oct 2020 08:28
He is, his comment is that he wants to hold these rich athletes accountable and force them to quarantine and stay healthy to provide him intertainment, as though this is Rome 1000 AD.
Nobody forces anyone here. They can always walk away, but then they earn less/nothing. If you earn much money, you owe much return. That's what I would tell them and 99% would comply because those Hummers, gold chains and 20+ demanding family members don't pay themselves.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pro athletes are not your average workers, so they dont fall under normal labor demands, and GP's comments insinuated these athletes wouldn't get the choice to chose, now he back tracks and tones his comment to mean they do,WTF

the NBA has small rosters, so it's easier then asking 70 players to quarantine for 4 freaking months, and there contracts will just carry over another season if they don't play.

my god I can't believe the hate you people have for players and there rich contracts, yet never bitch to much at owners who rape you, I've always believed in a cap for both players and owners, and excess going to charity's in there respective towns.

as long as everyone is paid for sitting or playing I don't care, I can't even vision this as a alternative.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
04 Oct 2020 09:19
Pro athletes are not your average workers, so they dont fall under normal labor demands, and GP's comments insinuated these athletes wouldn't get the choice to chose, now he back tracks and tones his comment to mean they do,WTF
Where did I say they don't get the choice to choose?
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
04 Oct 2020 09:25
Yoop wrote:
04 Oct 2020 09:19
Where did I say they don't get the choice to choose?
you didn't, are you German Panzer (GP)

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
04 Oct 2020 08:37
Yoop. Then the players can opt out. They already were given that opportunity to opt out this season while getting to live a normal life and still got paid a hell of a lot more than ordinary people FOR DOING NOTHING. I don't get the opportunity to make $350k because I decide I don't want to work for my CPA firm during Covid. In fact, I don't get any compensation if I decide my work is too high risk. I get to quit and be out of a job.

The NBA is doing this. So is the NBA the equivalent of Rome and the gladiators?

And military personnel don't always get to sleep at home. I have friends in the Navy. Army, etc. My Naval friend hardly ever gets to be "home" because he is on a ship in the middle of the ocean. Even during peacetime. And no, family can't be on that ship with him. I also have friends who are currently in Germany. South Korea. Or even different states in the US for months/years at a time.

Yes. The Army personnel have the ability to have their family there with them if they choose depending on circumstance. But there are certainly industries where people need to spend significant amounts of time away from their families and home.

German Panzer likely went a little farther in his language than I would, but I don't think the idea of a bubble is ridiculous notion from a personal standpoint. The players always have a choice.
I’m Air Force. I deployed in May, came back in July, and have had TDYs (short trips to different locations) 3 weeks out of every month since. But I signed up for that and love it.

The bubble works for the NBA because they can pretty much play in the same court and just swap games one after another. There also wasn’t much of a season left by the time they started. The only players who really experienced the full length of the bubble are those in the finals right now.

With NFL players needing to practice plus the wear and tear on the fields after playing games like that nonstop. You gotta keep in mind only 22 teams made the bubble. Add 10 teams to that, which is an additional 5 games, approximately 20 hours of gameplay between and setup/tear down between games. It’s just not possible.

Then you’re looking at bubbling a 53 man roster plus coaches/trainers for 32 teams vs a 15 man roster for just 22 teams.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah I am completely shocked the Cowboys are a horrible Falcons 4th quarter away from being 0-4.

That division is so very, very bad. It has been oh so very, very bad a lot honestly the last decade.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
04 Oct 2020 18:04
Yeah I am completely shocked the Cowboys are a horrible Falcons 4th quarter away from being 0-4.

That division is so very, very bad. It has been oh so very, very bad a lot honestly the last decade.
That MM offense doesn’t work without a God quarterback. It also doesn’t help their defense is putrid.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Snack is coming for a visit if he doesn’t sign with the Seachickens. I’m pretty sure he’s going to use us for contract leverage but it’s worth noting.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
04 Oct 2020 19:17
Snack is coming for a visit if he doesn’t sign with the Seachickens. I’m pretty sure he’s going to use us for contract leverage but it’s worth noting.
Where'd you hear that?
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
04 Oct 2020 20:54
lupedafiasco wrote:
04 Oct 2020 19:17
Where'd you hear that?
Instagram

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

In retrospect, my anti-McCarthy stance wasn't uncharitable enough! :o
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Who is good in the NFC other than Green Bay and Seattle?

LOL, Philly is in 1st-place after being winless 10 hours ago.

Read More. Post Less.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

NCF wrote:
05 Oct 2020 06:39

That is really it. Seattle could give us headaches, but I am not worried about any other team in the NCF.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Packfntk wrote:
05 Oct 2020 07:30
NCF wrote:
05 Oct 2020 06:39

That is really it. Seattle could give us headaches, but I am not worried about any other team in the NCF.
I always respect a lot of teams. I think we are at the level of a top tier NFC team but I respect a lot of teams.

I think we are the clear class in the NFC North. I don't get too freighted by anyone in the NFC East; however, Dallas and/or Philly could pose a matchup problem on the right night. I mean look at Philly last year.

I do respect Atlanta. I think they are far better than their record suggests and I am very nervous about tonight. I also respect NO's and TB. It would be so very, very awesome if we can take the top 3 NFC South teams out in a row.

And I honestly respect every team in the NFC West. All have mobile QBs and SF is still a bad matchup for us.

Very happy SF lost last night. You would have to think that division will beat each other up. We have a tremendous opportunity ahead of us tonight. These are the games you can't lose. Don't let tonight be the Philly of 2019.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

San Fran healthy is still scary. Rams are looking really good this year.

TB is quite loaded even with pick-6 at QB

Saints not as scary as they were a month ago, but they’ve started slow before.

Still a long ways to go, 4 games does not a season make. I am guessing teams aren’t petrified of us sustaining our O and our D seems to have regressed.