Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

That’s awesome! Stepped up in age bracket and STILL took home the trophy! Boom!

:aok:

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Has anyone tried that football game they have listed online? I'll post the link but I'm just wondering what it's like. I'm itching to get back into the game...I just don't wanna get into the game one handed and all.

Dksports.com
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I can just hear the scientists afterwards:

"Well, Bob, pretty much proved what we already knew...but god damn that was fun!"

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

APB wrote:
19 Jul 2024 08:57
I can just hear the scientists afterwards:

"Well, Bob, pretty much proved what we already knew...but god damn that was fun!"

After many years as a scientist, I must come our defense. Maybe you meant engineers? :rimshot:

Anyways, this is hilarious. Now I’m wondering what bureaucrat funded this fun exercise? :nuts:

Thanks for posting. :clap:
GO PACK GO!!!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Having a bit of a moral conundrum. Do I be honest or say screw it and come out on top for once?

I ordered a bunch of stuff through Amazon on Prime Day. Ended up being 6 items total in 3 different packages. 1 package was delivered successfully, the other 2 they delivered to a house that is not mine. This is not uncommon. I frequently don't get packages that Amazon is actually delivering. If it's UPS/FedEx/USPS, I get them fine. So I waited the customary 2 days and reported them missing. They re-ordered each item for me.

Magically last night I get home and there are 3 boxes on my porch. The 2 original "lost" ones and one of the re-orders. Seems whoever got mine grew a concience and dropped them off.

So the question is, do I contact Amazon and say they showed up and return the extras? Or do I keep the extras? Nothing came from a small company. Everything but 1 I could use a duplicate of. I know what the right answer is. But I honestly just don't give a &%$@. Yeah, I'm an ass.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
24 Jul 2024 10:53
Having a bit of a moral conundrum. Do I be honest or say screw it and come out on top for once?

I ordered a bunch of stuff through Amazon on Prime Day. Ended up being 6 items total in 3 different packages. 1 package was delivered successfully, the other 2 they delivered to a house that is not mine. This is not uncommon. I frequently don't get packages that Amazon is actually delivering. If it's UPS/FedEx/USPS, I get them fine. So I waited the customary 2 days and reported them missing. They re-ordered each item for me.

Magically last night I get home and there are 3 boxes on my porch. The 2 original "lost" ones and one of the re-orders. Seems whoever got mine grew a concience and dropped them off.

So the question is, do I contact Amazon and say they showed up and return the extras? Or do I keep the extras? Nothing came from a small company. Everything but 1 I could use a duplicate of. I know what the right answer is. But I honestly just don't give a &%$@. Yeah, I'm an ass.
They will most likely have you keep the extras. I have had that happen a few times over the years.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Jul 2024 12:16
paco wrote:

They will most likely have you keep the extras. I have had that happen a few times over the years.
Good to know. Every other shipping problem I've had, they've had to give me a refund. So its new territory. Well, my cats have an extra water fountain and accessories and I have an extra dehumidifier!
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
24 Jul 2024 16:59
Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Jul 2024 12:16
paco wrote:

Good to know. Every other shipping problem I've had, they've had to give me a refund. So its new territory. Well, my cats have an extra water fountain and accessories and I have an extra dehumidifier!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Had never heard this song until yesterday, but now I am obsessed.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Brilliant.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

APB wrote:
02 Aug 2024 22:05
Brilliant.

that's not a streaker. That's just a guy in a silly costume running on the field. why do they have to change every definition these days :)

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Is it anti-American of me that I wanted Greece to win the Basketball Gold? Team USA has come a long way since the Dream Team... and not in a good way. I don't even find the team likeable in the least.

Read More. Post Less.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

NCF wrote:
09 Aug 2024 10:57
Is it anti-American of me that I wanted Greece to win the Basketball Gold? Team USA has come a long way since the Dream Team... and not in a good way. I don't even find the team likeable in the least.
You are not alone. I don't like Lebron at all and I suspect that he does PED's.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Papa John wrote:
09 Aug 2024 11:11
NCF wrote:
09 Aug 2024 10:57
You are not alone. I don't like Lebron at all and I suspect that he does PED's.
Nope, not alone.

As I watched the game yesterday against Serbia, there was a significant part of me hoping the Serbs would pull off the upset against our arrogant US bunch.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

At what point did they start teaching to leave out Oxford commas? I know we were taught to use it as a kid and I don't recall, even all the way through my masters degree, being taught otherwise. It seems like the majority of the world has moved on without it, though. Anyone have the backstory?

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I will use it till the day I die, without hesitation and fart in the general direction of anyone who thinks otherwise.
Did I get ya?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Not using it is dumb, disgusting, and just plain ignorant.