Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Some rumors floating around that the NFL could possibly extend the season to make sure all games get played. Could be good for teams like us with such a long stretch. Extra rest at the end before the playoffs could be a good thing.

Sounds like every option is getting discussed. They'll screw it up somehow.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

paco wrote:
08 Oct 2020 13:41
Some rumors floating around that the NFL could possibly extend the season to make sure all games get played. Could be good for teams like us with such a long stretch. Extra rest at the end before the playoffs could be a good thing.

Sounds like every option is getting discussed. They'll screw it up somehow.
Personally, I have been EXTREMELY surprised with the flexibility and co-operation of both the NFL and the NFLPA during this time. Positively so. We are getting a season of football.

I think they'll get this one settled one way or another.

If there is forfeit, one righteous possible fine for the Titans would be having to pay for the damages: Opposing team's players for the week, and also compensate the network for a lost game. That would cost A LOT. I dunno if that's possible.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I am getting a little annoyed, with like everyone, talking about playoffs and bye weeks and what needs to happen for mvp between Aaron and Russ.

We are 25% of the way through the season, a team like the Rams beat the Seahawks, or even the Buccaneers beating us, these conversations all turn completely worthless.

Like Peter King on PFT was talking about how this could be the first time he could envision splitting his mvp vote between Aaron and Russell. There is 75% one of those guys won’t even be in the conversation, 50% chance neither of them will.

Just everyone chill down. Let’s just go kick Tampa’s ass and we’ll take it from there’s. Not a huge one game at a time guy, but goodness. End rant.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Ya, a little early for that talk. I don't mind it, but what I will hate is the talk of doom when we eventually lose one of these.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Go.....

Bares?? 🤷‍♂️

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Carlton Davis. I was a fan of his coming out. I know he started slow, but thought I heard he's been playing well. Nice to see him take that one from Robinson.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Amazing how the Bucs look like a legitimate football team by going back to the late 90's to 2000's uniforms.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
08 Oct 2020 19:24
Go.....

Bares?? 🤷‍♂️
???

Like ya said it’s week 4. Bears are just a game behind us. Happy to see them still lose for a while.

Imo

Wel get our head to head battle with Tampa.
Last edited by Drj820 on 08 Oct 2020 20:29, edited 1 time in total.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
08 Oct 2020 18:53
I am getting a little annoyed, with like everyone, talking about playoffs and bye weeks and what needs to happen for mvp between Aaron and Russ.

We are 25% of the way through the season, a team like the Rams beat the Seahawks, or even the Buccaneers beating us, these conversations all turn completely worthless.

Like Peter King on PFT was talking about how this could be the first time he could envision splitting his mvp vote between Aaron and Russell. There is 75% one of those guys won’t even be in the conversation, 50% chance neither of them will.

Just everyone chill down. Let’s just go kick Tampa’s ass and we’ll take it from there’s. Not a huge one game at a time guy, but goodness. End rant.
The older I get, the more "one game guy" I become. Literally nothing matters beyond Tampa Bay. Just beat the Bucs.

I don't even have the schedule memorized anymore. I actually had to look up our Quarter 2 schedule after the Falcons game because I didn't know it.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Oct 2020 20:27
BF004 wrote:
Go.....

Bares?? 🤷‍♂️
???

Like ya said it’s week 4. Bears are just a game behind us. Happy to see them still lose for a while.

Imo

I don't care much either way tonight. We play both of these teams for 3 games in total.

I will be rooting for MN on Sunday Night though.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
08 Oct 2020 20:30
Drj820 wrote:
08 Oct 2020 20:27
BF004 wrote:
Go.....

Bares?? 🤷‍♂️
???

Imo

I don't care much either way tonight. We play both of these teams for 3 games in total.

I will be rooting for MN on Sunday Night though.

I like it when the bears fans i know are upset :idn:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think it sucks our off the bye week we play a team who is coming off a mini bye.

I just feel we got screwed with that.

What a hit by Kyle Fuller. :shock: Completely legal hit.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

All those times Graham tried to one hand catch with us and he couldnt do that once.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I just am still unsure how bad the bears really are. I think they were the luckiest 3-0 team I had ever seen, and I think they are no threat whatsoever with biscuit at QB. But I’ve always had this weird believe in Foles. Started well before the Súper bowl. Began when chip Kelly was his coach in Philly. The Súper bowl performance just further cemented my thoughts on him.

So even though I don’t think they are tooo scary, as long as their record says 3-1 or something quality, im gonna be pulling for them to collect some losses bc I never know when foles is gonna come out looking really good.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I just don’t respect the bares at all.

TB I fear, for the solid team around an above average QB

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Both these teams are chumps compared to us.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Ugly ugly game.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Welcome to the NFC Tommy

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Oct 2020 22:32
Welcome to the NFC Tommy
I mean now I would say the NFC is pretty weak compared to the AFC. You have the Chiefs who are the best team in the league and the Ravens that are really tough. Then you have the Bills who are really tough and trending up. Can’t forget the Titans when they’re Covid free.

I would say the NFC is as good but the 9ers got destroyed in a season. The NFC as it stands is literally just us and the Chickens. Bears are frauds. The Buccs are booty butt cheeks. Rams are meh. The entire East would be laughing stock If it wasn’t so sad to watch. Saints are trash juice 100% all naturalè. If we can’t make a super bowl this year it will be a massive flop.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Oct 2020 22:32
Welcome to the NFC Tommy
No kidding. :lol:

Forgot it was 4th down. Seriously. :lol: