LaFleur, Gutekunst, Ball Contract Extensions

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

LaFleur, Gutekunst, Ball Contract Extensions

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Looks like we'll be sticking with / stuck with this foursome (including Murphy until he's 70) for awhile. Haven't heard the specifics yet. Anyone in the know/have the inside scoop on the specifics?

https://www.si.com/nfl/2022/07/25/packe ... -gm-report

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Stability is always good. Nobody was going anywhere after all that money the org hauled in last year. Fans showed themselves to be satisfied with their wallets.

I agree with them too.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

LaFleur is one game away from being the coach with the best win/loss record in NFL history with 50+ games coached. Needs to get better in the playoffs, but has shown to be an offensive coach capable of molding the scheme to the talent pool at his disposal. Basically the only coach I'd replace him with, if I had the choice of all coaches, would be BB.

Guty gives no Fs about popular opinion, and that's what I want from my GM. I don't want a fan or media *** kisser as GM. He tries to do what's best for franchise, even if the moves aren't the popular ones. There have been some crisis during his reign, and he's managed to diffuse them. He has been willing to evolve TT's formula by signing FAs, and has hit on waaaay more of them he had any business hitting. A bit above average overall as a drafter, with some real gem picks along with a lot of nothings and head scratchers.

Russ Ball has adapted to each GM, and has always made the contracts work, even when he has had to get very creative. He along with his GMs has kept GB competitive year in and year out. GB has had relatively few big overpays, especially overpays in guarantees, over the years. Somehow we've always been able to keep our own best talent for 2nd contracts, even if GB isn't the sexiest destination for a newly mega rich young man.

Yes, I want more Super Bowl victories from this group. If they don't win one with AR, they better make it work fast with his successor.

But they're all good eggs, and I just dunno how we could justify some firings at this point.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

I suppose Gute is also in the realm of most wins to start his GM career as well.

It all starts with the top of the organization and works its way down. It's why you have some teams are rarely good (I'm looking at you Lions) and some teams are usually good.

Although we only have 2 SBs in last 25 years, we have been one of the favorites in most of those years. They have kept us in the thick of it, though we seem to rarely make it click.

I think this year is our best chance since the Reggie SB. We should have our best defense since then.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Murphy finally stepped in and did the necessary house cleaning, a few years late, loyalty often comes with a price.

Rodgers had to show Guty that loyalty also has rewards, treat me with the respect I'am do, and I'll do just about anything you ask ( except take a pay cut :lol: )

Lafluer seems like a innocent by stander to all the drama, he just wants to win games, and keep his mega buck QB happy, which for the most part he's done very well, designed a QB friendly offensive scheme for Rodgers to prolong his career should he chose to do so.

to me Murphy was happy with the behind the scenes CEO job, was forced into the lime light when Rodgers rebuked almost everything that had been happening since 2017 and forced him to fire McCarthy in 2018 ( long over due)

there seems to be a mutual respect now between Guty and Rodgers or so it appears, thats great.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

:aok:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Sad day. Sad day indeed.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Top 10 winningest teams the last 4 seasons including playoffs:
image.png
image.png (15.11 KiB) Viewed 165 times
Top 10 winningest teams the last 3 seasons including playoffs:
image.png
image.png (15.29 KiB) Viewed 165 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Packers dead money ranking by year (lower is better):
2022: 11th
2021: 29th
2020: 31st

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."