Here's Johnny!! (Faulty Niners) Preseason Wk1

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Here's Johnny!! (Faulty Niners) Preseason Wk1

Post by salmar80 »

_
_

:worship: :worship: :worship:
_
:worship: _OK, Cheeseheads! It's back!!! _ :worship:
:worship: _Here's Johnny Forum contest!!!
_ :worship:
_
:worship: :worship: :worship:

And we return with a shocker - Last season's Champions are: APB, go pak go, NCF, paco, packfntk and TheSkeptic!!! Congrats!!!!

OK. OK. I know: :mob:

After much deliberation, and many attempts at breaking the 6-way tie last season ended with... I just couldn't do it fairly. Depending on the method, it ended in another kind of tie, or it would've been unfair because some votes were lost when one week was held on a temporary forum which is now lost in time.

Anyways, as a form of apology, the victory banner features a naked lady:

----

Here's Johnny is a season-long contest with the idea being to pick the Packer who overachieves the most in the week's game.

Long shot picks may win with a great play or two, while AR has to break some records to win, since being great is expected from him... It's all very subjective and fun.

Full rules below, do read them because Papa John who invented this is a quirky guy. Especially the OL rule.

After the game, posters can vote on their favorite pick. We much appreciate sharing the reasoning behind the vote , since the conversations this contest spawns are the best part of it.

Cheeseheads, START YOUR PICKING!!!
Papa John wrote:Image

Ok Ok, so it has been a convenient catch phrase for me over the past 30 some odd years. But besides that, it has inspired me to create a week-by-week segment that will involve picking 1 Packers player that will really stand out in a good way; someone who we can expect to transform into a beast, force himself through the metaphorical door jam and really rear his ugly head. You can pick anyone you wish, but just remember the bolder the pick, the better (ie, picking AR is a safe choice, but you're only likely to win if he does something historic).

Which brings me to my next topics - rules and voting:

- Each participant is allowed to pick 1 player per week. (See Amendment I)
- No two participants may pick the same player.
- Picks can be made from the time the weekly thread is posted until kickoff. Any picks made after kickoff will not be considered.
-- Amendment I:
a] If a player wishes, he/she may select the offensive line as their pick for the week. Your potential for votes depends on the performance of the entire group as a cohesive unit.
b] Individual players within the offensive line unit will still be eligible for selection before and after "offensive line" has been picked. (i.e. if someone has already chosen the Oline, Lane Taylor would remain an eligible pick)
c] The offensive line will be the only position group eligible to be picked and receive votes

- After each game, participants can place their votes for the one poster who they felt had the best pick.
- Voting session commences at the conclusion of the game and will end around mid-week.
- Each participant is allowed 1 vote per week.
- Only participants may vote and no participant may vote for him/herself.

The poster with the most votes at the time polls close (around midweek) will be that week's winner.
The poster who has won the most weeks at the end of the season will get a custom made banner for bragging rights and perhaps some additional prize (TBD).

Why am I doing this you ask?
Simple answer, really- all work and no play make Papa Johnny a dull boy. :twisted:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

!!! POSSIBLE RULES CHANGE !!!

Last season, and idea was floated to make the special teams eligible as a unit.

Currently only the offensive line can be picked as a candidate as a unit, the idea being it's super hard to stand out as an individual OL.

What do y'all think?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

salmar80 wrote:
09 Aug 2022 08:31

Currently only the offensive line can be picked as a candidate as a unit, the idea being it's super hard to stand out as an individual OL.

What do y'all think?
If it's me...nah. There are multiple opportunities for individual players to stand out and win so I really don't think it's necessary.

Anyway, my pick for this week: Jordan Love

I think he turns the doubters into believers - or at least hopeful'ers - with a very solid performance out the gate.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I think the announcers will let us know what we fail to recognize, so I've never thought picking the whole OL was a good thing, and wouldn't be in favor of extending that to ST's, individuals stand out for both units, it does dis service to them to include the 10 others, and it gives us more options to chose from, actually I'd be in favor of discontinuing it for the OL.

I'am going with Romeo Doubs, one of the great stories of this years camp.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I'd be OK with the rules change, but not overly enthusiastic. Returners can win with one big play to the house, the kicker can win individually, and the punter has been a protest pick in total disaster weeks. But I guess an argument can be made that the coverage- and kick-blocking units are basically out of this competition... An overall winning STs performance might get votes on a very rare occasion.

For the OL, I think the tackles can get votes for individual performance, but not so for the interior guys. Even Elgton's career best performance as a guard would not be enough to win. I kinda like OL as a unit being eligible, since having a no-sacks allowed, winning running performance day really requires them all.

My pick: TE Tyler Davis

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004 wrote:
09 Aug 2022 08:56
I like the gif, but APB picked him

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Quay Walker.

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

salmar80 wrote:
09 Aug 2022 08:57
BF004 wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
09 Aug 2022 09:12
salmar80 wrote:
09 Aug 2022 08:57
BF004 wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Tyler Goodson

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Sounds like fun. Seems like you have to get your picks in early to get the best chances.

I'm going to go with Devote Wyatt.

You know the vets are getting little work.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Ladarius Hamilton.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Samori Toure
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
09 Aug 2022 09:38
Samori Toure
This was going to be my second choice.

I love this guy as a receiver. He just looks quick in his drills. Also think these are big games for Winfree.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Amari Rodgers
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I totally approve of the banner and the lady in the tub.

I know that he is a proven player but he is motivated. He has been getting burned in the practices and now is time for revenge.

Eric Stokes

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

AmishMafia wrote:
09 Aug 2022 09:18
Sounds like fun. Seems like you have to get your picks in early to get the best chances.

I'm going to go with Devote Wyatt.

You know the vets are getting little work.
ya get one galactic hour, after that..... :rotf:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Dallin Leavitt, safety, #6, longest of long shots
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80 wrote:
09 Aug 2022 08:31

What do y'all think?
Yes,

I also think for preseason games, we could get 2 picks. Maybe starting Thursday we can pick a second or something, give everyone a good chance to get their first picks in