Round 3 (94) - Josiah Deguara, TE Cincinnati

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Round 3 (94) - Josiah Deguara, TE Cincinnati

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Dayton............Cincinnati. Whatever? :swear: :thwap:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

NCF wrote:
24 Apr 2020 22:27
A TE.
This is a great use of draft capital. Pass catching TE are not easy to find, and in this extremely deep WR class Gute can get one in the 4th. Oh, never mind.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This guy reminds me of Foster Moreau last year. He's exactly the kind of TE I think our team needs. That's the reason I liked Trey Burton.

I didn't expect him to go this high, but this is exactly the type of player that I think will add a dimension to the offense perfect for the scheme. Use him like the 49ers use Juescheck or however you spell that.

I understand this isn't the speedy weapon we want and still need. But I like the fit. He can have a role as a rookie, but obvi, as a TE, won't do a lot.

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 22:31
This guy reminds me of Foster Moreau last year. He's exactly the kind of TE I think our team needs. That's the reason I liked Trey Burton.

I didn't expect him to go this high, but this is exactly the type of player that I think will add a dimension to the offense perfect for the scheme. Use him like the 49ers use Juescheck or however you spell that.

I understand this isn't the speedy weapon we want and still need. But I like the fit. He can have a role as a rookie, but obvi, as a TE, won't do a lot.
Tom Silverstein agrees with you

This guy is going to be an H-back, maybe like Kyle Juscyck from the 49ers. I don't t know if he's that kind of blocker, but I would guess they're going to use him in a somewhat similar way.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This stinks.

We drafted one of the 5 guys I wanted this weekend, and I'm not allowed to be happy because no one knows his name and we haven't picked a WR yet.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 22:35
This stinks.

We drafted one of the 5 guys I wanted this weekend, and I'm not allowed to be happy because no one knows his name and we haven't picked a WR yet.
:aok:

Yes, you are.

Read More. Post Less.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Hopefully Deguara and Dillon can split time and solidify that H-Back position for the packers.

All the great H-Backs - this could be a special tandem.

To be honest outside of his height and that quick tape i know nothing about him. Hopefully he helps.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I agree that he looks like an H-back.

He's a bit of a body-catcher in the clips I saw, but he wasn't fighting the ball either so I think he can improve.

He seems pretty fluid for his size; good balance.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Can hang on a roster!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

[mention]Drj820[/mention]

Can I ask you a serious question? Why do you seem to enjoy this so much? Like, you really want these guys to all suck?

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Good player, bad slot.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

HAHAHAHA, Dane Bruegler's comp is Danny Vitale and I'm not even kidding. That's honestly funny.

I do like this player, as I did Dillon, but both are at least a round too early for my taste. I really don't like the value we're getting (not getting) in this draft, both due to a lack of trade backs and players way above where I valued them. Obviously, my sense of value isn't the be-all end-all, and the media is often way off about these things, especially this year. But I would feel much MUCH better about this exact draft if we had secured some sort of speedy WR in the second round, taken Dillon in the 3rd, and Deguara in the 4th.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Just watching a few videos on him. I like what I see, and I think I like the pick... But as Yoho has pointed out, not sure I like the value.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
24 Apr 2020 22:45
@Drj820

Can I ask you a serious question? Why do you seem to enjoy this so much? Like, you really want these guys to all suck?
Oh this is not enjoyment. I’m stunned we leave day two with no OT, WR, or ILB. The laughter has been a coping mechanism at this point. I’m depressed. I wanted to go for it in 2020.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I gotta say, I haven’t seen a single profile for him that had him going this high. Most had him 5-6 rd grade.

Add to that the Saints selected Adam Trautman 11 picks later. He was top 2-3 rated TE this draft. Granted Trautman is a more traditional body type TE but why in the world would we want that...

I guess we’re gonna be a pound it run team. This guy has H-back written all over him. Couple him with our D2 pick and have at it.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

APB wrote:
24 Apr 2020 23:19
I gotta say, I haven’t seen a single profile for him that had him going this high. Most had him 5-6 rd grade.

Add to that the Saints selected Adam Trautman 11 picks later. He was top 2-3 rated TE this draft. Granted Trautman is a more traditional body type TE but why in the world would we want that...

I guess we’re gonna be a pound it run team. This guy has H-back written all over him. Couple him with our D2 pick and have at it.
Definitely going to be running the !@#$ out of the football next year. That's probably good seeing as we have nobody but Adams that can get open consistently. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Well.....he has better knees than Graham.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Apr 2020 23:23
Well.....he has better knees than Graham.
...and half the catch radius. Even with JG’s bad knees.