Packers @ Dolphins GDT: Sunday, Dec. 25th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Packers @ Dolphins GDT: Sunday, Dec. 25th, 12:00 PM CST

Post by Pckfn23 »

:packers: Green Bay Packers @ Miami Dolphins :dolphins:
Sunday, December 25th, 2022, 12:00 PM CST
Spread: Green Bay Packers +4
Over/Under: 49.5

Stadium

Hard Rock Stadium

Injury Report
https://www.packers.com/team/injury-report/

Broadcast
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2022&wk=16
Joe Davis, Daryl Johnston

Dope Sheet
https://www.packers.com/news/dope-sheet ... ek-16-2022
The Green Bay Packers (6-8) will head south to take on the Miami Dolphins (8-6) this Sunday.

It is the second straight year and the fourth time in franchise history that the Packers will play on Christmas. It will be the first time Green Bay will play on the road on the holiday.
The Packers have won four of the last five matchups with the Dolphins, including the last time they played (31-12 in 2018 in Green Bay).
Seven of the last 11 matchups between the Packers and Dolphins have been decided by single digits.
Green Bay has scored 20-plus points against Miami in each of the last seven games.
The Packers last played at Miami in 2014, a 27-24 victory.
This will be only the second December game for Green Bay at Miami (Dec. 19, 1971).
Green Bay is 9-5 in the state of Florida in the months of December/January (1-1 at Jacksonville / 0-1 at Miami / 8-3 at Tampa Bay).
Miami leads the regular-season series, 10-5, and won the first eight games between the two franchises, but Green Bay has won five of the last seven contests.
The Dolphins won the first six games in Miami against the Packers while Green Bay has won the last two (2006, 2014). Five of the eight games the Packers have played at the Dolphins have been decided by single digits, including three by three points.
QB Aaron Rodgers has started three games against the Dolphins, leading the Packers to two victories, including his only game at Miami (2014). After posting an 84.5 passer rating with a TD and INT in his first game against Miami in 2010, Rodgers has gone on to record ratings of 99.7 and 112.1 in the next two games (2014, 2018), combining for five passing TDs and zero INTs.
RB Aaron Jones posted 145 yards and two TDs on 15 rushes (9.7 avg.) in his only game against Miami in 2018.
LB Preston Smith has faced the Dolphins once (2015), posting a sack, a QB hit, two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery.
The Packers have won 14 consecutive games in December, tying the second-longest such streak in NFL history. The only team with a longer streak of December wins was the Chargers, who won 18 straight in the calendar's final month in 2006-2009 (Elias Sports Bureau).
Green Bay has 788 victories, the most in the regular-season in the history of the NFL.
Green Bay returns home for the final two regular season games against the Minnesota Vikings and Detroit Lions.
Green Bay will end the regular season with back-to-back NFC North games for the fifth time in the last seven seasons.
It is the first time ever that Green Bay will play two regular-season home games in January.
Weather
image.png
image.png (160.23 KiB) Viewed 942 times
JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Dolphins 17
:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

I think this one ends the GB can still make it to the playoffs talk.

MIA 33 - GB 24

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I like that weather, high of 62, shouldn’t be a factor at all.

Last fair weather game till we go to Minny on Jan 15.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
21 Dec 2022 18:10

MIA 33 - GB 24

you mean you hope we lose, and keep losing the rest of the year :kaboom:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Some cool wrinkles in the run game to look for on Christmas Day

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2022 ... ter-please

Packers Film Room: More Counter Please

The Packers only ran counter three more times in the game, but Green Bay has been brutally efficient with their counter runs over the last month or two of football. Monday night was no different. They’re creating angles and leverage for their offensive linemen, a physical identity, and opening up huge lanes in the running game.
IT. IS. TIME

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
21 Dec 2022 19:18
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:

MIA 33 - GB 24

Can somebody just post an opinion without you following up with your incessant provocations?

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

If Tua is on, this game could be pretty tough. Barry's coverage schemes against Tyreek and Waddle worry me.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
21 Dec 2022 20:46
If Tua is on, this game could be pretty tough. Barry's coverage schemes against Tyreek and Waddle worry me.
If we’re being fair, Barry’s coverage schemes against me and BF004 should worry you, too.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
21 Dec 2022 18:14
I like that weather, high of 62, shouldn’t be a factor at all.

Last fair weather game till we go to Minny on Jan 15.
Actually might be at SF if we make the playoffs instead of at MN.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

APB wrote:
21 Dec 2022 21:35
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
21 Dec 2022 20:46
If we’re being fair, Barry’s coverage schemes against me and BF004 should worry you, too.
If we're being fair, Barry is employed by the management that you should be worried about. All the scapegoats that you guys blame are just underlings doing their job that they were hired for. Scapegoats yr after yr after yr. Barry and Amari so far this year. And of course the refs just ignore calls to spite us. More scapegoats to come for sure.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:

MIA 33 - GB 24

Now now, only BF is allowed to belittle people that predict packer losses.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

D has got to keep it close then let the O win it on the last possession.
:grin:
GO PACK GO!!!

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

For Fantasy purposes, need this to be a shootout of epic proportions.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yoop wrote:
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:

MIA 33 - GB 24

I don't think he's saying that at all. He probably feels winning this one is a long shot and a loss over there will be the end of this playoff talk. I hate to agree with him. I hope we are wrong..

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I’m unsure what to expect. I continue to maintain that if you lose to the dolphins, you suck. If you beat the dolphins you are decent.

Because they beat bad teams and lose to decent teams.

So I guess I find out what my opinion should be on where this team stands based on this game

As for the recent hype, beating the bears and rams don’t impress me much. The next three games will tell a lot tho.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
22 Dec 2022 09:02
Yoop wrote:
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:

MIA 33 - GB 24

I don't think he's saying that at all. He probably feels winning this one is a long shot and a loss over there will be the end of this playoff talk. I hate to agree with him. I hope we are wrong..
I think there has been so much negativity concerning the team Ghost comment as trivial as it was just got to me, most here have tried to stay up lifting, focusing on personal accomplishments of certain players, myself, I see flashes of team improvement on both sides of the ball, so it's not improbable at all that we'll beat Miami, Ghost comments to me says, he's known all along that we wouldn't make the play offs, and the rest of us are fools for not accepting that sooner, urrrrrrrrrrrrr :lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Dec 2022 09:32
I’m unsure what to expect. I continue to maintain that if you lose to the dolphins, you suck. If you beat the dolphins you are decent.

So I guess I find out what my opinion should be on where this team stands based on this game

As for the recent hype, beating the bears and rams don’t impress me much. The next three games will tell a lot tho.
We are worried about beating a 8-6 team, of course we suck/ have sucked/ and may continue to suck :lol:

that doesn't mean we shouldn't root and expect to win, seriously what will you and others do if this team continues to lose next year and the one after, will you continue to root for this team?

maybe losing for almost two decades straight is the difference between me and some of you, through all of that losing I remained a Packer hopeful, bought team merchandise, drove 300 miles to Lambeau to root my team on even though it seemed like a worthless venture, I sincerly hope that you and others here would do the same.
I remain ever thankful that I wasn't born in a Detroit fan ship household :thwap:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
22 Dec 2022 09:50
Drj820 wrote:

We are worried about beating a 8-6 team, of course we suck/ have sucked/ and may continue to suck :lol:

that doesn't mean we shouldn't root and expect to win, seriously what will you and others do if this team continues to lose next year and the one after, will you continue to root for this team?

maybe losing for almost two decades straight is the difference between me and some of you, through all of that losing I remained a Packer hopeful, bought team merchandise, drove 300 miles to Lambeau to root my team on even though it seemed like a worthless venture, I sincerly hope that you and others here would do the same.
I remain ever thankful that I wasn't born in a Detroit fan ship household :thwap:
You are a strange creature Yoop.

What you don’t understand is some people will lose a battle in order to win a war. If they pull for a loss, they still have the packers best interest at heart. They may want to lose in order to get a coach fired they believe is holding the team back, or want to lose in order to get a premium draft pick. All sorts of reason.

However, ghost implied none of those things..he just predicted the game as he saw it would be.

And finally…you said packers fans should “expect” to win each game…that’s not apart of being a good fan at all. That’s just being an insane person.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Dec 2022 10:25
Yoop wrote:
22 Dec 2022 09:50
Drj820 wrote:

You are a strange creature Yoop.

What you don’t understand is some people will lose a battle in order to win a war. If they pull for a loss, they still have the packers best interest at heart. They may want to lose in order to get a coach fired they believe is holding the team back, or want to lose in order to get a premium draft pick. All sorts of reason.

However, ghost implied none of those things..he just predicted the game as he saw it would be.

And finally…you said packers fans should “expect” to win each game…that’s not apart of being a good fan at all. That’s just being an insane person.
When it comes to the Packers ............ some of us are indeed proudly insane. For some of us the insanity stems from the 1970s and 1980s. Blindly expecting Packers victories with starring players like Paul Ott Carruth, Barty Smith, Barry Smith, Perry Kemp, Aundra Thompson, Brent Fullwood, Scott Hunter, Alden Roche, Jerry Tagge, David Whitehurst Rich Campbell, John Hadl, Jim Zorn, Jon Staggers, Ken Payne, George Cumby, Alphonso Carreker, Mossy Cade, Randy Wright, Donnie Humphrey, Blaise Winter, Jerry Boyarsky was the norm every Sunday (or a few Monday Nights, there were no Thursday or Saturday games). No one really know which Packers offensive lineman were any good. Am pretty sure Ken Ruettgers, Larry McCarren and Greg Koch made it in the Packers Hall of Fame.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

This is a double digit loss of I’ve ever seen one.
Cancelled by the forum elites.