Vikings and Lions Analyses

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Vikings and Lions Analyses

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Well how about we start analyzing the upcoming Vikings and Lions games to the nth EFFEN degree?

Expecting Raptor to weigh-in heavily on this discussion.

Lets start with the Vikings:
Without even looking at the Vikings roster or offensive and defensive rankings, it should be clear to all of us that whatever any other team did to shut down the Vikings passing game should be copied. You just can't let Jefferson and Thielen get open. If you're going to lose ............ lose with the Vikings tight end and/or Dalvin Cook. Back up plan should be for the defense to simply do the same as the Dolphins game ............ cause Cousins to throw off target passes, get in Cousins' head, etc.. Hit Cousins hard (legally) whenever the chance arises. Is the Vikings defense any good these days? We've all heard of Harrison Smith, Z, Kendricks ..... which of these players can be picked on by Rodgers? Can the Packers run the ball of the Vikings defense ........ is anyone else on the defense even worth commenting about?
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 26 Dec 2022 17:41, edited 1 time in total.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Vikings will be coming into Lambeau all lathered up and ready to knock us out. I like to think the coaching staff can get our guys amped up and ready to rumble.

Pressure on Cousins will be key and we'll need to get it from unlikely sources - Bring Quay, safety blitz, etc.

Getting Nixon, Watson and Yosh back will be huge.

Will Tonyan ever show up again as a consistent threat in the passing game?

No dumb ass plays, please!

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
26 Dec 2022 16:15
Well how about we start analyzing the upcoming Vikings and Lions games to the nth EFFEN degree?

Without even looking at the Vikings roster or offensive and defensive rankings, it should be clear to all of us that whatever any other team did to shut down the Vikings passing game should be copied. You just can't let Jefferson and Thielen get open. If you're going to lose ............ lose with the Vikings tight end and/or Dalvin Cook. Back up plan should be for the defense to simply do the same as the Dolphins game ............ cause Cousins to throw off target passes, get in Cousins' head, etc.. Hit Cousins hard (legally) whenever the chance arises. Is the Vikings defense any good these days? We've all heard of Harrison Smith, Z, Kendricks ..... which of these players can be picked on by Rodgers? Can the Packers run the ball of the Vikings defense ........ is anyone else on the defense even worth commenting about?
Yup. Get in Cousin's head. He is the most-hit QB in the league this year. I'm sure hitting him will do the trick.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Maybe we can concuss him like we did tua in the first half
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Rams game was awesome, didn’t sit down once.

Pumped for the Lions game, got a steal on some outdoor club seats like 2 weeks ago, $100 a pop. Win against the Vikings, and if Lions win too, could probably flip those for $400 each. But imma go.

You’re gunna have to let me up the escalator again, [mention]Bogey[/mention] :lol:

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

BF004 wrote:
26 Dec 2022 18:51

Pumped for the Lions game, got a steal on some outdoor club seats like 2 weeks ago, $100 a pop. Win against the Vikings, and if Lions win too, could probably flip those for $400 each. But imma go.

You’re gunna have to let me up the escalator again, @Bogey :lol:
Alas, BF, I’m not by the escalator anymore.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:

I do truly believe Packers fans are one of the dumbest fan bases in the league. They will do the wave while on offense thinking they are cheering on the team.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:

These comments by Lafleur really annoy me. The packers fans are fine and can enjoy the game as they want. They pay everyone on that fields salaries including Lafleur. I guarantee you they will cheer when the team does something worth cheering for. I also hope they boo if they team does stupid stuff.

Lafleur should be less worried about fan lectures and far more concerned with getting plays in on time, ball security, scheme, execution, and etc.

Talk about the fans when you are 19-0. The fans, the ghosts at lambeau, the stadium, and the cold provide a great home field advantage…you’ve squandered that three times now in the postseason. You focus on getting your players ready coach.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
26 Dec 2022 20:31
BF004 wrote:

These comments by Lafleur really annoy me. The packers fans are fine and can enjoy the game as they want. They pay everyone on that fields salaries including Lafleur. I guarantee you they will cheer when the team does something worth cheering for. I also hope they boo if they team does stupid stuff.

Lafleur should be less worried about fan lectures and far more concerned with getting plays in on time, ball security, scheme, execution, and etc.

Talk about the fans when you are 19-0. The fans, the ghosts at lambeau, the stadium, and the cold provide a great home field advantage…you’ve squandered that three times now in the postseason. You focus on getting your players ready coach.
I couldn’t disagree more. Every fan that shows up to a game can influence the impact by being loud. I went to a game circa 2014 with a friend. We drove 18 hours from NJ to WI for the game. We were going nuts getting loud and cheering while the defense was on the field. I was chastised by some old bitch whose a Gina was probably so god damned dry the eye of the Sahara would have quenched my thirst faster than that old bitch.

Packers fans are routinely brought up across Packers media for not knowing when to cheer or being loud enough in big games. It’s no wonder you have the coaches and QB complaining about it for a decade.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Dec 2022 20:43
Drj820 wrote:
BF004 wrote:

I couldn’t disagree more. Every fan that shows up to a game can influence the impact by being loud. I went to a game circa 2014 with a friend. We drove 18 hours from NJ to WI for the game. We were going nuts getting loud and cheering while the defense was on the field. I was chastised by some old bitch whose a Gina was probably so god damned dry the eye of the Sahara would have quenched my thirst faster than that old bitch.

Packers fans are routinely brought up across Packers media for not knowing when to cheer or being loud enough in big games. It’s no wonder you have the coaches and QB complaining about it for a decade.
This is because a lot of season tickets are super old, but I don’t care. I want fans to be crazy and loud, I am crazy and loud for the 3 games I’ve been to. The jumbotron should instruct fans and maybe even hand out a flyer at the gate explaining etiquette…

But the coach and the qb need to coach and play better and stfu. They are ones that have lost three straight hole playoff games and have a losing record. They should be so introspective and critical toward fixing their own failures that they have no room to worry about the fans.

Like I said, talk about the fans after you’ve locked in a 1 seed. When you have a losing record, focus on yourself

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
26 Dec 2022 20:53
lupedafiasco wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

This is because a lot of season tickets are super old, but I don’t care. I want fans to be crazy and loud, I am crazy and loud for the 3 games I’ve been to. The jumbotron should instruct fans and maybe even hand out a flyer at the gate explaining etiquette…

But the coach and the qb need to coach and play better and stfu. They are ones that have lost three straight hole playoff games and have a losing record. They should be so introspective and critical toward fixing their own failures that they have no room to worry about the fans.

Like I said, talk about the fans after you’ve locked in a 1 seed. When you have a losing record, focus on yourself
They’ve had 1 seeds and the fans still show up weak. Imagine being owners of the team and not being mentioned in the same breath of fan bases like the Chiefs and Seahawks.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Dec 2022 21:12
Drj820 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

They’ve had 1 seeds and the fans still show up weak. Imagine being owners of the team and not being mentioned in the same breath of fan bases like the Chiefs and Seahawks.
Little Matt needs to focus on having his team ready to play flawless football on Sunday. Fans should be about the 100th thing on his mind

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
26 Dec 2022 21:17
lupedafiasco wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Little Matt needs to focus on having his team ready to play flawless football on Sunday. Fans should be about the 100th thing on his mind
I'd rather have Matt talk about fans in a public press conference than dispel his game plan to the media.

Like what you are expecting MLF to gain by thinking about something else besides the fans in a press conference?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
26 Dec 2022 22:06
Drj820 wrote:
26 Dec 2022 21:17
lupedafiasco wrote:

I'd rather have Matt talk about fans in a public press conference than dispel his game plan to the media.

Like what you are expecting MLF to gain by thinking about something else besides the fans in a press conference?
I would rather Coach pretend he was revealing his game plan in the presser but actually have been planning something different for the real game. Just something to confuse the Vikings and maybe have them spend some time preparing for. For instance, he should have said “we are looking forward to a good week of practice. I’ve got some new packages to install I think could help us win. Love could come in for some QB runs, or if Watson can get healthy, we’ve actually been preparing him for some wild cat packages. He’s got great speed”

Then say “next question”

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

The "gold package" games (usually 2nd and 6th home games) of old Milwaukee ticket holders tend to be less loud and don't know football as well and how to act.

The tix holders at games are getting older and more crotchety.

Ticket prices are unaffordable for many tickets holders, who have their tix through inheritance. So they sell their tickets for a few games per year for a profit. This is why there are so many opposing fans at games vs years/decades past.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Raptorman wrote:
26 Dec 2022 18:12
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
26 Dec 2022 16:15

Yup. Get in Cousin's head. He is the most-hit QB in the league this year. I'm sure hitting him will do the trick.
Listen to Al:

Read what Al has said:
“We would rather be feared than respected.”

“You don’t adjust, you just dominate.”

“They said you had to take what the defense gave you. No, we are going to take what we want.”

“The quarterback must go down, and he must go down hard.”

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Weather should not be a factor on New Years Day. Early predictions are temperatures in the 30s, no precipitation, and light winds.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
27 Dec 2022 02:37
Weather should not be a factor on New Years Day. Early predictions are temperatures in the 30s, no precipitation, and light winds.
Good. Despite what rodgers likes to think, he sucks in the cold now and mason can’t kick in the cold anymore. Gonna just have to beat our little sisters straight up

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

It’s gotten way better in recent years.

Not being yelled at by some old codger for standing. Fans smarter when O is on the field, no waves anymore, maybe during a timeout.

Games honestly were getting a bit stale there ‘16-19, but it’s a great high energy time again.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Bogey wrote:
26 Dec 2022 19:05
BF004 wrote:

Alas, BF, I’m not by the escalator anymore.
Yeah, I knew that.

I’ll work on trying to come and find you.