Super Bowl LVII

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Super Bowl LVII

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

In case anyone is interested in chatting about Super Bowl LVII.

Eagles are favored by 1.5 points

Both the Eagles and Chiefs went 14-3 to get to the Super Bowl.

I'm finding it hard to believe that Andy Reid won't have a better overall game plan than the Eagles Nick Sirianni. If I was a betting man, I'd take the Chiefs.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Isaiah Pacheco went to my high school so I’m rooting for the Chiefs.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Eagles have a better overall roster but chiefs have better playmakers/stars and coaching. This one is too close to call confidently. In the end I think kelce is the difference for the chiefs, IF PM gets time to throw.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I once took a shower with Jerrick McKinnon (locker room style, nothing strange) while a student assistant for the Georgia Southern football team…so I’m pulling for my old teammate.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I don't know anyone playing, just like Andy Reid more, and I still believe that the best offense win, as long as the defense can keep it close, KC's defenses is average, nothing to right home about, if that Eagles top 5 defense fails to stop Kelse and Mahomes they'll be a quiet bunch Sunday night.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

If Jordan Love can destroy the Eagles D, then I think PM can do so also.

If he can't, then we have to understand that the Packers deliberately threw that game and the season and the playoffs to please Rodgers and his fanboys. Also that Love, Watson and the Packers in general are a lot better than most of us think.

But I don't believe that and I think PM will lead the Chief's to an easy 24 point victory.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
11 Feb 2023 06:59
If Jordan Love can destroy the Eagles D, then I think PM can do so also.

If he can't, then we have to understand that the Packers deliberately threw that game and the season and the playoffs to please Rodgers and his fanboys. Also that Love, Watson and the Packers in general are a lot better than most of us think.

But I don't believe that and I think PM will lead the Chief's to an easy 24 point victory.
he didn't destroy the Eagles defense, Watson did, we lost because Jalen Hurts ran rough shod on our defense for more yrds then Love threw for, Hurts combined for 310 yrds, Watson had 63 of Loves 119 yrds, his other 5 completions totaled 53 yrds, good day, but he sure didn't destroy them.

and the Packers didn't throw that game, they again let a QB destroy them.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I think Philly wins this one. That O-Line and running game will control the flow of the game offensively and the Philly defense can get after a QB, especially a hobbled one.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Such a weird concept by both of these teams. Get the #1 seed AND make it to the Super Bowl. Doesn’t even make sense to me.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Eagles are the better all-around team, but KC has an MVP QB in his physical prime, plus a roster and a coach that have a lot more experience playing at this level than the other team does.

I feel like the Eagles win this game on most days, and are a good bet to do so on Sunday, but I could also see Mahomes will his team into a win or the KC team playing more opportunistic football owing to better playoff/recent SuperBowl experiences.

All things equal, it's Philly for me, but we will see which teams show up tomorrow.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Hurts hasn’t looked good to me since his shoulder injury. It’s true he hasn’t exactly needed to be good…but I wouldn’t want my first game “needing” to be good to be the SB.

I do agree eagles have the better overall roster.

But I think experience and superior qb play will win out.

I got the chiefs

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
11 Feb 2023 09:18
Such a weird concept by both of these teams. Get the #1 seed AND make it to the Super Bowl. Doesn’t even make sense to me.
specially when #1 odds of winning are barely 50%, the bye week of being #1 seed doesn't seem to be a advantage

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
11 Feb 2023 10:54
BF004 wrote:
specially when #1 odds of winning are barely 50%, the bye week of being #1 seed doesn't seem to be a advantage
Owning 50% odds in a field of 14 or what was 12 teams..is a huge advantage

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

I really don't know who I think will win. I guess I'm leaning Philadelphia simply because I am not used to seeing SF get completely steamrolled.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Captain_Ben wrote:
11 Feb 2023 12:29
I really don't know who I think will win. I guess I'm leaning Philadelphia simply because I am not used to seeing SF get completely steamrolled.
It is a lot closer if Purdy doesn't get knocked out. But SF wasn't doing great before that but was still first quarter. Maybe a 10-14 point Philly win with Purdy playing.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
11 Feb 2023 11:04
Yoop wrote:
11 Feb 2023 10:54
BF004 wrote:
Owning 50% odds in a field of 14 or what was 12 teams..is a huge advantage
should have explained that better, since 1975 or the last 47 SB's, the #1 seed won 24 and a lesser seed won 23, so roughly 50%, in the last 4 or five years the #1 seed did not win, I probably should have brought the link to the article, it's a easy goggle find though.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I just don’t see that Eagle OLine being dominated by anybody. They are very impressive. That said, Hurts will need to make some throws for scores, or I think they’ll struggle in the RZ.

As others have said, the Chiefs have more stars, but the Eagles have the better roster from top to bottom.

I actually think Chris Jones will play a big role. He’s on a roll for the Chiefs’ D and should continue.

My heart says Chiefs! But my head says Eagles.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I just don't feel that the Eagles have been tested yet. When they played against good QBs they gave up points. Yes they get after the QB but they usually had a big lead and the game was one dimensional at that point. I think Reid mixes the run and quick passes to McKinnon to move the ball. But they said Chris Jones and some other Chiefs were sick this week so who knows if they can stop the Eagles.

SF defense made a bunch of stupid penalties to help the Eagles. Eagles haven't been in a tough game in the playoffs yet but this KC team is like no other they have played this year. I'm rooting for Reid to get #2 and surpass Holmgren as the mustache genius of the NFL.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Shows how much attention I pay to the SB when the Pack isn't in it. My knee-jerk reaction was to hope for an Eagles win, just because I remember The Chiefs winning recently and the whole Mahomes thing. Didn't realize until I checked that Philadelphia won it just two years before that. Probably still going with Philly, just because of schadenfreude, as I don't want a team with a super QB to win more than once. Also didn't realize that the NFC won '85-'97 (and we know who ended that streak).

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

packman114 wrote:
11 Feb 2023 18:06
I just don't feel that the Eagles have been tested yet. When they played against good QBs they gave up points. Yes they get after the QB but they usually had a big lead and the game was one dimensional at that point. I think Reid mixes the run and quick passes to McKinnon to move the ball. But they said Chris Jones and some other Chiefs were sick this week so who knows if they can stop the Eagles.

SF defense made a bunch of stupid penalties to help the Eagles. Eagles haven't been in a tough game in the playoffs yet but this KC team is like no other they have played this year. I'm rooting for Reid to get #2 and surpass Holmgren as the mustache genius of the NFL.
whats not been contested imo is corralling Jalen Hurts, he has near 800 run yards about a 12 TD's and probably a boat lod of first down chain moving runs that keeps that offense on the field, sure hasn't hurt there defense either, more rest, more fresh, so Hurts has really pulled his weight, good passing numbers to, I think the if KC can keep Hurts south of the LOS it'll go a long way towards KC winning this game.