Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
03 Apr 2024 17:00
lupedafiasco wrote:
03 Apr 2024 14:27
Bills gotta be looking to trade up now for a WR.
Would be nice if they move ahead of us and push other players down.

However i am most leaning towards moving up for Mitchell, Arnold or DeJean.

I’d give up 25 and 58 for Arnold or Mitchell or 25 and 88 for Coop.
I feel like the Packers, this year more than any in recent history, are a likely candidate to move up in the 1st. Otherwise, they are going to draft outside of their norms. Either way, add this to a year where Gutey goes against the grain (maybe not drastically, but a bit).
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
03 Apr 2024 22:15
BF004 wrote:
03 Apr 2024 17:00
lupedafiasco wrote:
03 Apr 2024 14:27
Bills gotta be looking to trade up now for a WR.
Would be nice if they move ahead of us and push other players down.

However i am most leaning towards moving up for Mitchell, Arnold or DeJean.

I’d give up 25 and 58 for Arnold or Mitchell or 25 and 88 for Coop.
I feel like the Packers, this year more than any in recent history, are a likely candidate to move up in the 1st. Otherwise, they are going to draft outside of their norms. Either way, add this to a year where Gutey goes against the grain (maybe not drastically, but a bit).
QB in R1

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

paco wrote:
03 Apr 2024 22:15
I would honestly be surprised if the Packers make a trade to move up in the first round. Their most pressing needs of adding an off-the-ball linebacker or safety don't align with that approach in my opinion.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So what would you say if Buffalo calls and asks about some WRs?

Price points on any of them?

Pretty deep looking class, could restock a bit as well if we’d move one.

However we know we have good players with cheap control for a while. So i am guessing Buffalo just wouldn’t offer enough to make sense for us.

Like it would have to be pick 28 at least for pretty much any of them, right? Buffalo won’t get someone better at 28 than Wicks or Reed and would just have 1 less year of control.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
04 Apr 2024 10:34

However we know we have good players with cheap control for a while. So i am guessing Buffalo just wouldn’t offer enough to make sense for us.

Like it would have to be pick 28 at least for pretty much any of them, right? Buffalo won’t get someone better at 28 than Wicks or Reed and would just have 1 less year of control.
They might be able to use slot 28 and find a better WR :idn: my issue is can we replace whomever we lose with something later then slot 28 or even slot 28? doubtful, so basically we are losing what we perceive as a up and comer for very low value.

never like giving up the bird in hand for the bunch in the bushes, there sitting on those limbs because they have yet to learn how to fly :lol:

this draft like all others has a top group of about 10 players, bonified can't miss guys, or so it seems, then another 10 that are locked in 1st round talent, then everyone else.

I exclude QB in this stuff, not that a guy like Williams is a reach, just that the position is sooooo mental, it's impossible to guess how they will transition, and teams will reach for that position so naturally they go off top 10, most fail.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:

I would think they'd see their WR restock potential from the draft the same as you stated for the Packers above. IOW I don't think any of our guys would garner a significant trade investment over what they could get for free in a few weeks.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Odds are whoever they take at 28 will never be as good as Reed and Wicks already are, but I get it.

I’m thinking of it more along the lines of how would it have to make sense for us. Frankly I don’t think I’d trade either for 28 straight up.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

I think they'll go after Tee Higgins.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

BF004 wrote:

In my opinion the Packers shouldn't be interested in trading any of their wide receivers for a late first round pick. They know they have a talented group of playmakers and you never know how a prospect works out.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

CWIMM wrote:
05 Apr 2024 03:46
BF004 wrote:

In my opinion the Packers shouldn't be interested in trading any of their wide receivers for a late first round pick. They know they have a talented group of playmakers and you never know how a prospect works out.
I think it's a year too early to think about any WR trades. You see how they develop, which ones you want to keep and which ones you won't be able to retain... I'm thinking Doubs next year might be a nice little mid-round target. But Wicks-Reed-Watson really feels like the core you want to keep things together.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
05 Apr 2024 11:39
Byron Murphy time? Love Kenny, not sure I love that contract for him.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Give me a flyer on Ruke Orhorhoro.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I only really like Kris Jenkins for us at DT. The other top guys at the position would give us, like, a fourth 3-tech, when we need to add a 1-tech type of player should we lose Clark and/or Slaton.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

YoHoChecko wrote:
05 Apr 2024 10:48
I think it's a year too early to think about any WR trades. You see how they develop, which ones you want to keep and which ones you won't be able to retain... I'm thinking Doubs next year might be a nice little mid-round target. But Wicks-Reed-Watson really feels like the core you want to keep things together.
I don't believe Doubs would garner much interest in a trade. That would most likely be true for every wide receiver the Packers deem to expendable anyway.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

It is written in the heavens…

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Falcons signed Kevin King. :lol:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lake shark wrote:
09 Apr 2024 17:14
At least King is being given another chance. Frankly my dear I don't really give a damn.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

lake shark wrote:
09 Apr 2024 17:14
I had absolutely no idea King is still in the league :P

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

CWIMM wrote:
10 Apr 2024 04:08