Day 3 Draft Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

How Many Picks Today (Currently 9 - 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7, 7)

No votes
No votes
No votes
8%
42%
25%
8%
No votes
BF is the man
17%

Total votes: 12

BF004
Reactions:

Day 3 Draft Discussion

Post by BF004 »

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

I assume we will trade up once, and maybe trade one pick for a pick next year. Need to address safety, DL as top priorities I'd like to see. Sad that the Michigan kicker is gone.

Here is what we have left currently:
Round 4, Pick 116
Round 5, Pick 149
Round 5, Pick 159 (from Detroit Lions)
Round 6, Pick 179 (from Tampa Bay Buccaneers)
Round 6, Pick 207 (from New York Jets)
Round 7, Pick 232
Round 7, Pick 235 (from Detroit Lions via Los Angeles Rams)
Round 7, Pick 242 (from Jacksonville Jaguars)
Round 7, Pick 256 (compensatory)

Around the NFL today the Jaguars have 10 picks. The Rams, Patriots and Packers have nine picks.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

This party should have started at 9am
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I’m so ready and impatient.

Really want some remaining players.

Love Adeboware but he might be redundant with LVN

Karl Brooks as an athletic DT

Hutchinson and Iosivas as WRs

Join Gaines and Antonio Mafi or Sidy Sow or Zavala at iOL

Yasir Abdullah or Nick Hampton as a speed rusher/off ball hybrid

Multiple safety options

DARIUS RUSH has such CB upside

Day Two is my favorite because there’s good value *and* they will likely matter.

But Day Three is like… my day. All the projects and long shots

Also we gotta get that kicker Chad

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

this is when the term D&D takes center stage for me, obviously it pertains to every prospect taken in any round, however I just accept it more with day 3 picks.

Go Guty Go, you dawg :aok:

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Apr 2023 08:44
Age may have something to do with it, but curious - Round 4 is supposed to start at 11am Central, and this was posted at 8:44am?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Also some good tackle options.

We’ve been leaning hard into “looked good before but coming off of an injury,” So Carter Warren may be a fit.

Freeland feels like an underpowered left tackle, so I hope not him but he fits our style/thresholds.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Half Empty wrote:
29 Apr 2023 09:21
Drj820 wrote:
Age may have something to do with it, but curious - Round 4 is supposed to start at 11am Central, and this was posted at 8:44am?
Ya, 9:44 est and starts at 12pm est, but ya my point remains. I woke up ready to watch the draft for a few hours. But now I gotta wait till noon and by that time the day will get busy and I won’t be able to pay as good of attention.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Y'all being in the central time zone and talking about when picks resume has really mucked up my expectations twice. Thought picks starter an hour earlier both last night and today. Disappointment.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

So any kickers from cold weather teams in this draft. The lists I have seen shoe only Moody from a northern school.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

packman114 wrote:
29 Apr 2023 09:49
So any kickers from cold weather teams in this draft. The lists I have seen shoe only Moody from a northern school.
Moody is the real one in that category, which is likely why he went in the 3rd.

I've seen a couple takes that Chad Ryland is actually a better K prospect and he had a visit. Maryland weather is weird, and they play in the Big10, but nothing like Michigan/Green Bay

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Apr 2023 09:45
Half Empty wrote:
29 Apr 2023 09:21
Drj820 wrote:
Ya, 9:44 est and starts at 12pm est, but ya my point remains. I woke up ready to watch the draft for a few hours. But now I gotta wait till noon and by that time the day will get busy and I won’t be able to pay as good of attention.
is that 12pm eastern for just ESPN, last night NFL Net. was about 4 or 5 picks later then ESPN, I use to bounce back and forth, but it became real aggravating so I just stuck with ESPN

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I'm doing ESPN today for Matt Miller and the alleged philosophy of focusing on Day Three picks rather than using Day Three as a time to simply recap Days One and Two while throwing out occasional lists and clips of Day Three picks.

We'll see if they live up to it.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This is actually pretty nuts.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I really want a Safety next. Maybe a DLlineman is more helpful, but Safety is what I hope for in round 4.
Add to DLine in round 5
Pick a QB and Kicker in round 6.
Get a host of ST guys and raw athletic freaks in round 7 and call it a day.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2023 10:00
I'm doing ESPN today for Matt Miller and the alleged philosophy of focusing on Day Three picks rather than using Day Three as a time to simply recap Days One and Two while throwing out occasional lists and clips of Day Three picks.

We'll see if they live up to it.
Finally decided to add a tv to my office. I'll be doing ESPN today as well. We'll see how it goes, but day 3 coverage is usually pretty rough.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

These Mariucci white board segments with QBs make me wildly uncomfortable for some reason.

Like on one hand, this is insight we usually don't get to see.

On the other hand, it feels so much like an old man being like "here's how it worked in my day young buck." Not in reality. Just in vibes.

Nothing wrong or upsetting or offensive about any of this. He isn't intentionally or overly condescending. But there's just something weird about "ok buddy, prove yourself to me" in the media segment versus in a real job interview

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2023 10:40
These Mariucci white board segments with QBs make me wildly uncomfortable for some reason.

On the other hand, it feels so much like an old man being like "here's how it worked in my day young buck." Not in reality. Just in vibes.

Nothing wrong or upsetting or offensive about any of this. He isn't intentionally or overly condescending. But there's just something weird about "ok buddy, prove yourself to me" in the media segment versus in a real job interview
I see that also, but I chalked it up to mooch getting old and it is made for tv. Not a real lockerroom meeting

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

JKB wrote:
29 Apr 2023 10:42
YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2023 10:40

I see that also, but I chalked it up to mooch getting old and it is made for tv. Not a real lockerroom meeting
Yeah, it's the age. I remember really liking them. There's just almost too much disconnect between them now, too.

Like when he checks to make sure they know who Jerry Rice is. :messedup: