Rank the Roster 2023: #5

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers?

Poll ended at 11 May 2023 12:38

Elgton Jenkins
29%
Rashan Gary
57%
DeVondre Campbell
No votes
Eric Stokes
No votes
AJ Dillon
No votes
Preston Smith
No votes
Rasul Douglas
No votes
Darnell Savage
No votes
Josh Myers
No votes
John Runyan
No votes
Quay Walker
No votes
Devonte Wyatt
No votes
Jordan Love
7%
Christian Watson
7%
Keisean Nixon
No votes
Romeo Doubs
No votes
Lukas Van Ness
No votes
Luke Musgrave
No votes
Jayden Reed
No votes
Tucker Craft
No votes

Total votes: 28

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2023: #5

Post by Waldo »

Rank The Roster: 2023 Edition

1. Jaire Alexander (43%)[+2]
2. Aaron Jones (26%)[+6]
3. David Bakhtiari (34%)[+1]
4. Kenny Clark (50%)[-2]
5. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2019 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll. You may vote up to TWO players (a change that was made mid-poll last year, seemed to work well).

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 15-20 guys, new players added in bunches every few days).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2022
Rank the Roster: 2021
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Starting to collapse on a tier here.

Gary then Jenkins. Probably will go Dillon after that. Here's to hoping that Gary's ACL is the more typical almost NBD that acl's have become in the modern NFL.

I'll let the list ride down here for a bit unless anyone ID's someone that has to be up there, I'm thinking its going to be a long time before anyone not on the list gets any votes.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Gary's still my guy, Jenkins next up.

After that might be Quay or Watson for me, just based on what we saw last year and expected jump.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Madcity_matt wrote:
10 May 2023 12:47

After that might be Quay or Watson for me, just based on what we saw last year and expected jump.
Quay would be quite the jump. I hope you are right, but not sure Quay is top 10 for me.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
10 May 2023 12:58
Madcity_matt wrote:
10 May 2023 12:47

Quay would be quite the jump. I hope you are right, but not sure Quay is top 10 for me.
I hope he is in 2024. But absolutely not in 2023. Although the names definitely start falling off after #8 or so.

So maybe I will be surprised.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I went with Jenkins, he's a stud LG, Gary tomorrow, most of our players returning from knee surgery take the whole 12 months or even more to recover, Campbell is getting close for me to.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Gary as my sole vote today.

If you're looking down the line, our No. 1 WR hasn't really been fully established yet. Some, like Matt Schneidman of The Athletic, thinks Doubs will garner the most looks with his bud Jordan Love tossing the rock. Something to think about when the WRs start getting votes.

Matt Schneidman of The Athletic wrote:The Athletic's Matt Schneidman believes Romeo Doubs will lead the Packers in receptions this season.

Asked about how the team's pass-catching pecking order would shake out in Jordan Love's first season as starter, Schneidman picked Doubs over Christian Watson as the Packers' leading receiver. It's a surprising prediction. During the final month of the 2022 season, Doubs earned a 15 percent target share to Watson's 21 percent (Allen Lazard led the team with a 22 percent target share over that span). Watson led Green Bay with a 33 percent air yards share over the season's final four weeks; Doubs earned 13 percent of the team's air yards. Doubs finished his rookie year with 42 catches for 425 yards and three scores. If Doubs proves to be a favorite of Love's, he could be a major value in redraft leagues this summer.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

I tend to think it'll be a 1a/1b long way to #3 situation at WR.

No doubt both Watson and Doubs will regularly be on the field together, and it would not surprise if they got a relatively even share of targets. That said I think Watson has a bit more juice, he'll be established as one of the league's elite WR's by the end of next ('24) season.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Waldo wrote:
10 May 2023 15:53

No doubt both Watson and Doubs will regularly be on the field together, and it would not surprise if they got a relatively even share of targets. That said I think Watson has a bit more juice, he'll be established as one of the league's elite WR's by the end of next ('24) season.
Watsons big play ability will get Loves attention more I think then Doubs though, I think Reed will compete more with Doubs as well for tosses, so I see it to be #1 Watson and the other two competing for #2 targets, if all 3 stay healthy and excel I think this could be the best group since 2012 or so, nice to again have a more rounded out receiver group, add in these two new TE's, Jones and Dilly and ya have to be excited for this offense, I know I'am am.

can I say that and still like the departed one? :rotf: I know I get to attached to these QB's, I had the same feelings when Favre departed. :thwap:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Waldo wrote:
10 May 2023 15:53

I totally agree. He has the potential to be elite, but this season. An elite WR is the 2nd most valuable player on O. Watson can beat almost any CB with speed and he has the size and power to physically overpower almost any CB too. He can only be stopped with being doubled, and that means someone else will be open.

Gary could be the best player on D, but he also might not even dress for the game until November and not be his old self until mid December or even not until 2024. I can't vote for him yet.

Watson and Love, hands down.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Gary then Elgton.

I think that concludes our very established all-pro caliber players.

Think it’s time to show some love to our new qb after that.