Rank the Roster 2023: #24

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers?

Poll ended at 29 Jun 2023 16:35

Jayden Reed
11%
Tucker Kraft
No votes
Jonathan Owens
No votes
Yosh Nijman
14%
TJ Slaton
18%
Kingsley Enagbare
14%
Samori Toure
7%
Josiah Deguara
14%
Rudy Ford
14%
Isaiah McDuffie
No votes
Jonathan Ford
4%
Carrington Valentine
No votes
Sean Clifford
No votes
Tariq Carpenter
No votes
Royce Newman
No votes
Sean Rhyan
No votes
Shemar Jean-Charles
No votes
Anthony Johnson Jr
No votes
Justin Hollins
4%
Colby Wooden
No votes

Total votes: 28

Waldo
Reactions:

Rank the Roster 2023: #24

Post by Waldo »

Rank The Roster: 2023 Edition

1. Jaire Alexander (43%)[+2]
2. Aaron Jones (26%)[+6]
3. David Bakhtiari (34%)[+1]
4. Kenny Clark (50%)[-2]
5. Rashan Gary (57%)[+1]
6. Elgton Jenkins (54%)[-1]
7. DeVondre Campbell (29%)[--]
8. Christian Watson (32%)[+14]
9. Jordan Love (32%)[+21]
10. Preston Smith (32%)[+2]
11. Rasul Douglas (29%)[+2]
12. AJ Dillon (27%)[-1]
13. Keisean Nixon (36%)[+19]
14. Quay Walker (36%)[+5]
15. Romeo Doubs (27%)[+20]
16. Devonte Wyatt (39%)[+3]
17. Zach Tom (31%)[+20]
18. Lukas Van Ness (24%)[R]
19. John Runyan (27%)[-1]
20. Darnell Savage (31%)[-6]
21. Josh Myers (44%)[-5]
22T. Eric Stokes (44%)[-12]
22T. Luke Musgrave (24%)[R]
24. Current (xx%)[--]

Percent of vote the winner got will be in parenthesis, position change vs. 2022 will be in brackets.

Here's how this works:

Each day there is a new thread/poll, starting at #1, on down to whereever we get. The whole point of this exercise is to have something to talk about in the lean news months to carry us to camp. Each poll will be open for voting for 24 hours. New threads will only be created on weekdays. Ties will cause a runoff poll. You may vote up to TWO players (a change that was made mid-poll last year, seemed to work well).

Simply voting is not enough!

Post why you voted for who you did and provide a player to add to the next poll (every poll will be a list of 15-20 guys, new players added in bunches every few days).

Here's the thing. There is no criteria. This is an exercise to foster discussion therefore there are no clear criteria for ranking. Who is better right now? Who will have the best season? Who was better last year? Sort of a combo of them all? Do you take positional value into account? It really doesn't matter.

Previous Years:
Rank the Roster: 2022
Rank the Roster: 2021
Rank the Roster: 2020
Rank the Roster: 2014-2019

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

No tie polls this year, both Stokes and Muskgrave get #22.

Toure and Yosh

Toure seems to be in the lead for #3 WR. That guy usually went in the teens in days of yore. Yosh is competing to start at OL and if not likely the first off the bench. Starting to get into the clear backups, moving on from will he start to will he play, which is just above will he make the team.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Nijman and Slaton for many of the same reasons Waldo listed.

We have to get Tarvarius Moore on this list next round. He should be considered for votes right with Ford and Owens.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I'am trying to think of a TE that splashed year 1 that we've had in my lifetime, I'am sure there must be one :lol:

anyway Dequara is our starting TE and he's entering the season most TE's finally emerge, he may seem to lack the talent of Kraft and Musky but he knows the offense and has imo improved each year, so he gets my vote today along with Enagbare, he showed some juice last year and he probably will start or play a lot as LVN and Gary may not be ready.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
28 Jun 2023 17:11
I'am trying to think of a TE that splashed year 1 that we've had in my lifetime, I'am sure there must be one :lol:

anyway Dequara is our starting TE and he's entering the season most TE's finally emerge, he may seem to lack the talent of Kraft and Musky but he knows the offense and has imo improved each year, so he gets my vote today along with Enagbare, he showed some juice last year and he probably will start or play a lot as LVN and Gary may not be ready.
Honestly it is very slim pickings of Tight Ends getting more than 600 yards or so their rookie season.

Jeremy Shockey did. He was great as a rookie. But it's very rare territory.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
28 Jun 2023 17:46
Yoop wrote:

Honestly it is very slim pickings of Tight Ends getting more than 600 yards or so their rookie season.

12 times in NFL history: https://stathead.com/tiny/yMgFw
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

There’s another starting safety on the roster (or two if you’re as skeptical about Savage as I am?) that deserves consideration, problem is it’s anybody’s guess as to which one. I’m gonna guess that guy is Rudy Ford and he’ll get one vote. My other one goes to Toure. I think he’s more involved than any rookie wideout this year.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Engabare, No 1 on PFF for pass rush win rate. He's going to get a lot of snaps. Slaton I think he breaks out.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

APB wrote:
28 Jun 2023 19:24
There’s another starting safety on the roster (or two if you’re as skeptical about Savage as I am?) that deserves consideration, problem is it’s anybody’s guess as to which one. I’m gonna guess that guy is Rudy Ford and he’ll get one vote. My other one goes to Toure. I think he’s more involved than any rookie wideout this year.
Ford put up a good starting season at S more recently than anyone else at the position for us.

He's my vote, and Deguara, who I think still will get the most TE snaps and will post some solid production (thought he did well when called on last year, and the Kubiak scheme tends to give TEs a lot of looks).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Labrev wrote:
29 Jun 2023 08:25
APB wrote:
28 Jun 2023 19:24
Ford put up a good starting season at S more recently than anyone else at the position for us.

He's my vote, and Deguara, who I think still will get the most TE snaps and will post some solid production (thought he did well when called on last year, and the Kubiak scheme tends to give TEs a lot of looks).
I also don't know enough about Owens, but Ford and Moore have a ton of ST value.

Read More. Post Less.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Waldo wrote:
28 Jun 2023 16:41
No tie polls this year, both Stokes and Muskgrave get #22.
You had me at ̶h̶e̶l̶l̶o̶ no tie polls

Last edited by Crazylegs Starks on 29 Jun 2023 12:39, edited 1 time in total.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Rudy Ford, Enagbare, and Slaton all seem worthy at this spot
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
28 Jun 2023 17:46
Yoop wrote:

thats because there receiving skills warrant more targets, Pitts smoked it a couple years back, and I expect KIncaid to do so for Buffalo this season, we may be more conservative with our rookies.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I went with Rudy Ford who I believe will be a starting safety.

As for my second vote, that was more difficult. TJ, Reed and Kingsley all deserve consideration and none of them will be an every down player. I went with Reed as an almost ever down player as WR#3.