Packers @ Falcons GDT: Sunday Sep 17, 12:00pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Packers @ Falcons GDT: Sunday Sep 17, 12:00pm CST

Post by APB »

:packers: Green Bay Packers @ Atlanta Falcons :falcons:

Sunday, September 17th, 2023 - 12:00 CST
Spread - Packers -1.5
Over/Under - 40.5

Mercedes-Benz Stadium - Atlanta, Georgia

How To Watch
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=2
Fox, Fubo, YouTube Sunday Ticket

Announcers: Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma

Sideline Reporter - Shannon Spake :heart:

Weather

Indoors (panzies)

Dope Sheet

Week 2 Dope Sheet

Falcons fans by 4th quarter:

JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Bears 17

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

There's just something that bothers me about playing an opponent I haven't seen at all in the preseason or season yet. Not even any highlights/lowlights. I'm trying to fix that by Sunday

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Sep 2023 23:17
There's just something that bothers me about playing an opponent I haven't seen at all in the preseason or season yet. Not even any highlights/lowlights. I'm trying to fix that by Sunday
I'd say you were right on when you said we could use the same gameplan we just used. I watched the game and said to myself it's a slightly better bares team. They won the game only because Young threw identical interceptions and a panther's fumble accounting for 17pts. They throw the ball slightly deeper than the bares but it's a short passing game and the run. The D was getting gashed by run. I expect Jones to rip them and Dillon should look good with the one cuts.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Less confident in this game than last game.

Falcons are better and have a much better defense than the Bears.

And they are young and hungry too.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

We have sometimes seen teams look underwhelming one week and like a totally different, better one the next.

That will need to happen for ATL to beat us. They were barely edging out a terrible Panthers team a couple days ago, those who watched say that the game was closer than the final score suggested due to a fluky long TD pass near the end by Atlanta. They also have no homefield advantage because that city does not care about its NFL team.

They will be slightly tougher than Chi was but I still expect we win pretty convincingly.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I think game flow and momentum will decide this one. Packers are a better team but if Atlanta gets hot in the 2nd half, watch out. I have an uneasy feeling about this one for 2 reasons:

1. It's our 2nd straight game on the road.

2. I've gone into this season expecting a bit of a rollercoaster. Lots of ups and downs.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Aaron Jones status will determine whether this is close or not
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Sep 2023 09:16
Aaron Jones status will determine whether this is close or not
And if McCarthy actually uses him.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think I am going to be at the game.

Judging by the ticket market, the supply is limited. It especially got squeezed on Sunday. I don't know if that means there will be a lot of Green and yellow or not.

Usually when the ticket market squeezes a lot right before the game it means the home crowd is excited and are buying up the tickets.

The key to the game for us is limiting big plays, including turnovers, and stopping the run.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
13 Sep 2023 09:36

Judging by the ticket market, the supply is limited. It especially got squeezed on Sunday. I don't know if that means there will be a lot of Green and yellow or not.

Usually when the ticket market squeezes a lot right before the game it means the home crowd is excited and are buying up the tickets.

The key to the game for us is limiting big plays, including turnovers, and stopping the run.
Lots of packer fans in this area.

Also falcons fans will always sell it out when they are good. They just jump &%$@ super quick when they suck. Not a loyal bunch.

I expect a lot of green tho.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Sep 2023 10:04
go pak go wrote:

Also falcons fans will always sell it out when they are good. They just jump &%$@ super quick when they suck. Not a loyal bunch.

Yeah. Honestly there are a lot of Packers fans everywhere. It's insane how represented they are outside of Wisconsin
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Sunday, September 17th, 2023 - 12:00 CST
Spread: Packers (-1.5)
Over/Under - 40.5
Wasn't there a tweet or graphic at some point during the off-season pointing out the Packers were underdogs in every game this year? Am I mis-remembering...?

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

We are still a young team. Even a good performance last week doesn’t take away the risk that any game this season could be a low one. I think it’ll probably matter most if this young team keeps focused well. We will know by end of the first quarter if they are mentally prepared or not, I think.

If the OLine keeps Love clean, much like last week, we should be good to go. And if the D keeps pressure on their QB, much the same.

It’ll be interesting to see if ST can make a special play this week too. I’m almost expecting that from ST now. A couple of years ago, I would’ve been happy if they just didn’t fumble or give up a long return. How times have changed.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Seems Love & Co. will have a tougher go of it this time around.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

It would seem the Falcons are an opportunistic bunch.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I'm looking forward to seeing these Packers finally play a real NFL team
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

APB wrote:
13 Sep 2023 11:48
It would seem the Falcons are an opportunistic bunch.

The picks were identical from the Bryce Young the rookie QB. Panthers would have won if they stayed on the ground.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
13 Sep 2023 12:53
I'm looking forward to seeing these Packers finally play a real NFL team
Woah now, let's not look ahead to Week 3 until we have taken care of Atlanta. :lol:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Sep 2023 10:04
go pak go wrote:

I use to travel around quite a bit some years back, and I don't think I've talked to many football fans where GB wasn't there 2nd favorite team, we have a huge fan base in I think every football town I've been too, fans tend to be attracted to winners, and we've been winners for 3 decades with a QB everyone loves cept us :rotf:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

These are pretty cool.

Read More. Post Less.