INEPT

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

INEPT

Post by MY_TAKE »

MY_TAKE
Reactions: 33
Post by MY_TAKE » 02 Oct 2023 19:29

Why has been the Packers offense been soooo inept at times this year? The best answer is probably Matt Lafleur. Tied for second is Jordon Love, injuries, offensive line, young team.

What is the meaning of inept person?
adjective. without skill or aptitude for a particular task or assignment; maladroit: He is inept at mechanical tasks. She is inept at dealing with people. generally awkward or clumsy; haplessly incompetent.

Harsh? He was out coached IMO the entire first half of the Lions game.

First half possessions
1. after int, 3 plays and a FG

2. 3 plays -11 yards and a punt

3.3 plays , 7 yards and a punt

4. 1 Play interception

5. 3 plays, 3 yards and a punt

6. 5 plays 16 yards and a punt. 1st down may have been via penalty if i remember correctly

7. 4 plays and end of half.

Tough to watch as a fan and yes, very INEPT!!!!

Probably spoiled watching the last 30 years but I am a Packer fan and expect better. I am 53 years old and do remember the late 70's and all of the 80's too, so I am not that spoiled. I don't want that again. MLF has to be better in general.

GO PACK GO!!!!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

MY_TAKE wrote:
02 Oct 2023 19:34
MY_TAKE
Reactions: 33
Post by MY_TAKE » 02 Oct 2023 19:29

Why has been the Packers offense been soooo inept at times this year? The best answer is probably Matt Lafleur. Tied for second is Jordon Love, injuries, offensive line, young team.

What is the meaning of inept person?
adjective. without skill or aptitude for a particular task or assignment; maladroit: He is inept at mechanical tasks. She is inept at dealing with people. generally awkward or clumsy; haplessly incompetent.

Harsh? He was out coached IMO the entire first half of the Lions game.

First half possessions
1. after int, 3 plays and a FG

2. 3 plays -11 yards and a punt

3.3 plays , 7 yards and a punt

4. 1 Play interception

5. 3 plays, 3 yards and a punt

6. 5 plays 16 yards and a punt. 1st down may have been via penalty if i remember correctly

7. 4 plays and end of half.

Tough to watch as a fan and yes, very INEPT!!!!

Probably spoiled watching the last 30 years but I am a Packer fan and expect better. I am 53 years old and do remember the late 70's and all of the 80's too, so I am not that spoiled. I don't want that again. MLF has to be better in general.

GO PACK GO!!!!
Jordan Love isn't inept. The line and play calling is inept

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Loves been fine in my opinion. Expected highs and lows. More highs than I predicted really.

Lafleur on the other hand has been majorly outcoached 3 times out of 4.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Oct 2023 20:49
Loves been fine in my opinion. Expected highs and lows. More highs than I predicted really.

Lafleur on the other hand has been majorly outcoached 3 times out of 4.
People have been saying g for 2 or 3 years that we would see who MLF is as a coach when AR is gone. We're seeing it.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I really thought we would emphasize running the ball this year. And I mean more than just actually calling running plays.

I figured we would design our offense around it. Run it during TC. Run it during practice.

Doesn't seem like we are emphasizing the run. And this is what we get.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
02 Oct 2023 21:19
I really thought we would emphasize running the ball this year. And I mean more than just actually calling running plays.

I figured we would design our offense around it. Run it during TC. Run it during practice.

Jones got hurt and Dillion just isn't a very good football player.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Lafleur showed a lot last year when the team was on the verge of collapse and they held it together and clawed back into contention for a 7 seed.

It’s just test after test whenever we play a “tough” or “physical” team, we usually quickly show we aren’t up for the fight.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

LaFleur is asking his offensive line to do things they can’t do. You shouldn’t be pulling guards and centers who suck. If that’s what you’ve got to work with run duo or inside zones IMO. Stop trying to get &%$@ guards and centers to pull all the way across formations and get to the edge against athletic defenders who are actually coached to defend the run.

Love can’t throw. We have guys who can get down the field but he can’t hit them. They’re open but he’s missing easy ones. In a shot play offense that can’t run the ball you’ve got to hit them.

The true egregious ineptitude is what is happening on defense. These bums are undisciplined and have no physicality to them. They don’t want to hang tackle. They abandon their zones. They don’t play their run fits. It’s just all around bad on defense.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Best thing going for the packers this season is the schedule.

We have the best schedule in the league.

That is going to hurt the rebuild.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I don't think it is nearly as bad as you all have said. The Bears and Vikings are inept. Their coaches are bad.

Yes, the MLF and the un-named DC are not doing a very good job.

But the best Olineman is on IR and the second best is out for an MCL sprain. Tom is a second year player and has also been dinged up. That leaves only the center and the RG as fully healthy and both are just average players at this point in their career. The starting LT was a 7th round draft pick last year.

The best RB has a pulled hammy and the best WR is just now coming off a pulled hammy. The only competent TE's are rookies and the slot receiver has had to play WR and is a rookie.

On D, TJ and Wyatt are both young and inexperienced. Only Clark is an experienced veteran. The 2 backups are both rookies.
For OLB, Gary is still not fully back and is still on a pitch count. Van Ness is a rookie and Smith is showing his years.
At ILB, Campbell is hurt
At CB, the second best player on the D has an injured back and the #2 CB is on PUP. The slot corner is a special teams star making his debut as a full time CB.
One safety has underperformed where he was drafted and got benched a year ago. He is better this season, but still not where he should be considering that he was drafted at the end of the first round. The other safety is a JAG.
And the QB has exactly 5 games under his belt as a starter.

WTF do you expect???? You should HOPE to be 2-2 and in 2nd place in the NFC North.
Hopefully Jenkins is back after this next game. Hopefully Watson and Jones are 100% now. Hopefully Musgrave is not out for weeks with that concussion and he and Reed improve every game. Hopefully Tom is 100% for the next game. Hopefully Campbell and Alexander are "back" for the next game. Hopefully Stokes is back after the bye and we don't have to see a 7th round rookie starting CB.
Hopefully. And if this team gets healthy hopefully this team finishes 10-7 or 9-8 because that is where their talent and experience and age says they should finish IF they are not INEPT.
:shock: :|

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

We have played one good team and we were down 27-3 at home in the first half.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

They are 2-2 which is the definition of SEMI-EPT.

Young injured team on a short week. Coaching staff was out coached. The team didn't give up. Learn from the mistakes, heal up, and be ready for the big games down the road.

Go Pack Go!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

TheSkeptic wrote:
03 Oct 2023 05:05
I don't think it is nearly as bad as you all have said. The Bears and Vikings are inept. Their coaches are bad.

But the best Olineman is on IR and the second best is out for an MCL sprain. Tom is a second year player and has also been dinged up. That leaves only the center and the RG as fully healthy and both are just average players at this point in their career. The starting LT was a 7th round draft pick last year.

The best RB has a pulled hammy and the best WR is just now coming off a pulled hammy. The only competent TE's are rookies and the slot receiver has had to play WR and is a rookie.

On D, TJ and Wyatt are both young and inexperienced. Only Clark is an experienced veteran. The 2 backups are both rookies.
For OLB, Gary is still not fully back and is still on a pitch count. Van Ness is a rookie and Smith is showing his years.
At ILB, Campbell is hurt
At CB, the second best player on the D has an injured back and the #2 CB is on PUP. The slot corner is a special teams star making his debut as a full time CB.
One safety has underperformed where he was drafted and got benched a year ago. He is better this season, but still not where he should be considering that he was drafted at the end of the first round. The other safety is a JAG.

WTF do you expect???? You should HOPE to be 2-2 and in 2nd place in the NFC North.
Hopefully Jenkins is back after this next game. Hopefully Watson and Jones are 100% now. Hopefully Musgrave is not out for weeks with that concussion and he and Reed improve every game. Hopefully Tom is 100% for the next game. Hopefully Campbell and Alexander are "back" for the next game. Hopefully Stokes is back after the bye and we don't have to see a 7th round rookie starting CB.
Hopefully. And if this team gets healthy hopefully this team finishes 10-7 or 9-8 because that is where their talent and experience and age says they should finish IF they are not INEPT.
More than one poster here this past summer expected a playoff caliber team. With the youngest roster in the NFL, especially on O, and the injuries to several of our better players it is a miracle we are 2-2. We have a decent shot and winning Monday night against a team in worse shape than us. If Jenkins is back I really like our chances. But this is kinda what I expected. And up and down season with a lot of growing pains. I doubt we'll be .500 when it is all said and down but if we are (or even better than that) to me that will qualify as a successful season.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

wallyuwl wrote:
02 Oct 2023 21:32
go pak go wrote:
02 Oct 2023 21:19

Jones got hurt and Dillion just isn't a very good football player.
No question about it. Jones hides a lot of issues.

But lord our offensive line run blocking is t-e-r-r-i-b-l-e
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
03 Oct 2023 08:53
TheSkeptic wrote:

At ILB, Campbell is hurt

More than one poster here this past summer expected a playoff caliber team. With the youngest roster in the NFL, especially on O, and the injuries to several of our better players it is a miracle we are 2-2. We have a decent shot and winning Monday night against a team in worse shape than us. If Jenkins is back I really like our chances. But this is kinda what I expected. And up and down season with a lot of growing pains. I doubt we'll be .500 when it is all said and down but if we are (or even better than that) to me that will qualify as a successful season.
better health and we are 3-1, we all new there would be inconsistency, no one could fore see the injury to Jenkins, the recurring issues for Bakhtiari, or how bad the rest of the OL would perform, not to mention hamstring issues for Watson or Jones, or Barry's continuation of head in the sand defensive decisions.

however the confidence from the players still seem intact, a credit to them and the coaches, I still think we are capable of getting a wild card invite, and surely better then just a 500 season :dunno:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yoop wrote:
03 Oct 2023 09:32
Pugger wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

At ILB, Campbell is hurt

better health and we are 3-1, we all new there would be inconsistency, no one could fore see the injury to Jenkins, the recurring issues for Bakhtiari, or how bad the rest of the OL would perform, not to mention hamstring issues for Watson or Jones, or Barry's continuation of head in the sand defensive decisions.

however the confidence from the players still seem intact, a credit to them and the coaches, I still think we are capable of getting a wild card invite, and surely better then just a 500 season :dunno:
Do you think this year's team is better than the one in 2008 with Rodgers as a first year starter? That team went 6-10. Here is the roster from that season:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... b/2008.htm

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
03 Oct 2023 09:56
Yoop wrote:
03 Oct 2023 09:32
Pugger wrote:

Do you think this year's team is better than the one in 2008 with Rodgers as a first year starter? That team went 6-10. Here is the roster from that season:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... b/2008.htm
Pugger I think the biggest thing is strength of schedule, we have a easier road then Rodgers 08 team had, as to the players, I think the talent is comparable when all are healthy, that defense only had 22 sacks, so while the coverage from Williams. Collins and Woody was great, they couldn't be every where at once

just look at the run yrds against in 08, 2 over 200 yrd two close to 200 yrd and 9 games over 100 yrds, I'd bet we lost the top in most of our games.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

I don't nor have I ever expected them to be a 13-4 team this year. However, they had basically ZERO offense for an entire half. IT wasn't just the O-line. MLF just cannot allow that to happen. He is the offensive minded head coach of the Packers. The buck stops with him. I know many were upset with the defense against Atlanta and rightly so, but once again they had ZERO offense for the entire 4th quarter. Frankly, there is too much talent on offense for this to happen as much as it has already. We have seen glimpses of how good they can be.

ON a positive note, at least were not the NY football GIANTS!! :lol:

Go Pack Go
oh and hopefully the crew can come back and win tonight in MLB

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

MY_TAKE wrote:
03 Oct 2023 19:59
I don't nor have I ever expected them to be a 13-4 team this year. However, they had basically ZERO offense for an entire half. IT wasn't just the O-line. MLF just cannot allow that to happen. He is the offensive minded head coach of the Packers. The buck stops with him. I know many were upset with the defense against Atlanta and rightly so, but once again they had ZERO offense for the entire 4th quarter. Frankly, there is too much talent on offense for this to happen as much as it has already. We have seen glimpses of how good they can be.

ON a positive note, at least were not the NY football GIANTS!! :lol:

Go Pack Go
oh and hopefully the crew can come back and win tonight in MLB
I get what you are saying but without any semblance of a running game and beat up porous OL an offense is gonna sputter big time. Of course MLF didn't even attempt to run the ball in the first couple of series against Detroit. :?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Packers just need to stay around .500 for the year to have what would be considered an acceptable year.

Good coaching will get us there pretty easily.

We shall see if we have good coaching.