Packers @ Raiders GDT: Monday, Oct 9th, 7:15pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Packers @ Raiders GDT: Monday, Oct 9th, 7:15pm CST

Post by APB »

Monday Night Football!!

:packers: Green Bay Packers @ Las Vegas Raiders :raiders:

Monday, October 9th, 2023 - 7:15pm CST

Spread: Packers -1.0
Over/Under: 44.5

Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas, NV

How To Watch

ESPN, ESPN2

Announcers: Peyton Manning, Eli Manning

...or you could embrace the suck and watch these three:

Sideline Reporter - Lisa Salters

Weather

Well, ok, it'll be indoors but still...

Dope Sheet

Week 5 Dope Sheet

A noteworthy taste from the Dopesheet:
It marks the 31st straight season (1993-2023) that Green Bay will play on MNF, the NFL's longest appearance streak in the history of MNF.

Gameday!

Although, gonna be tough watching this guy play for the other team...

JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Bears 17

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

As mentioned in the OP, gonna be tough to cheer against Davante Adams in this one.

Hope we get the win but also hope Davante shows out a little on MNF...like when Barry inevitably matches Rudy Ford on him one-on-one.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

How do you get Barry to stack the box?

Show him a 4 WR set.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

If we don't see Jaire and Davante battle it out all night, I may take getting rid of Barry into my own hands...

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
05 Oct 2023 11:55
If we don't see Jaire and Davante battle it out all night, I may take getting rid of Barry into my own hands...

Preston Smith has responsibilities when Adams is in the slot.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
05 Oct 2023 13:03
APB wrote:

I think that Barry will give Brooks the responsibility of guarding Adams on 3rd down if he (Adams) lines up in the slot.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:
APB wrote:

**snip**
That was Mike Pettine's BS. Barry has been poor but let's be fair to him, he is still better than Mike "put Preston Smith at CB" Pettine.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
05 Oct 2023 13:48
go pak go wrote:
APB wrote:

**snip**
That was Mike Pettine's BS. Barry has been poor but let's be fair to him, he is still better than Mike "put Preston Smith at CB" Pettine.
seriously how does that differ from giving Justin Jefferson free range rights in our secondary for 60 minutes a year ago, zone coverage allows a opposing offense to more easily create mis matches, so instead of Preston covering a TE, where he might have a chance, he ends up against a RB or even a receiver, Barry force fed zone against one of the best WR's in the league while Alexander is forced to watch :idn: both failed miserably, the later to me more grievously :idn:

I think we need to bring back "The Dom" he'd get this bunch a cooking :rotf:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I'm trying to figure out if the Packers have a snowball's chance of winning this game. Or are they going to tank like the Brewers did this week?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

If you can’t get all 3 phases going against the Raiders with a week and a half to prepare you don’t deserve to win.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

lupedafiasco wrote:
05 Oct 2023 22:07
If you can’t get all 3 phases going against the Raiders with a week and a half to prepare you don’t deserve to win.
I think we can win with 2 phases. :rotf: But, then again I am kind of a homer pre gameday. I will probably be irritated come Monday night when its a 3 point game with 2 minutes left. Right now, IM thinking were gonna win by 2 TDs. Take the Pack minus the 13. :rotf:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
05 Oct 2023 22:07
I bet Raiders fans are saying the same thing about facing the Packers.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
go pak go wrote:
APB wrote:

**snip**
lol. Oh no. Smith covered Jefferson week 1 in 2022
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:
06 Oct 2023 11:38
Labrev wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Somehow I have no memory of that, but I do not doubt for a second that you are remembering it correctly.

I do give Barry some credit that the defense does make needed changes down the stretch. The second time we faced MIN, the gameplan was great. It seems to be some combination of MLF and the players forcing him to do so more than his own competence as a D-Coord, that is why I believe he's MLF's guy. I never saw anything like that from Pettine.

I still think he needs to be replaced, but I hold him in somewhat higher esteem than Pettin.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:
go pak go wrote:

For the record, this is not what I meant by "unpredictable" in the other discussion...

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
06 Oct 2023 11:55
go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Somehow I have no memory of that, but I do not doubt for a second that you are remembering it correctly.

I do give Barry some credit that the defense does make needed changes down the stretch. The second time we faced MIN, the gameplan was great. It seems to be some combination of MLF and the players forcing him to do so more than his own competence as a D-Coord, that is why I believe he's MLF's guy. I never saw anything like that from Pettine.

I still think he needs to be replaced, but I hold him in somewhat higher esteem than Pettin.
Yeah it was a situtation where MN caught us not "traveling" and forced our hand by putting Jefferson in a position that 91 had to cover him.

You can probably guess where the ball went to on that play. ;)
Yoop wrote:

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Jimmy G cleared protocol.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Anybody else going to the game?
IMG_5105.jpeg
IMG_5105.jpeg (411 KiB) Viewed 5712 times
It’s a seven hour drive for us. Leaving…..now!!
GO PACK GO!!!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

The Packers are 1-3 all-time vs. Garopolo. Barf

It would be really nice if our defense could force him into some interceptions like his first three opponents did
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
05 Oct 2023 16:19
I'm trying to figure out if the Packers have a snowball's chance of winning this game. Or are they going to tank like the Brewers did this week?
This might be the last team we have a decent shot at beating, even on the road, in a while. The Raiders are a mess. If we don't screw up too much we should be successful Monday night.