Week 8 Post Game: Vikings ∞, Packers 10

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Week 8 Post Game: Vikings ∞, Packers 10

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I continue to be perplexed with how they use Aaron Jones
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Just bad football. Nothing. Absolutely nothing that Minnesota did that beat this team. GB beat themselves at all levels. Basic football they don't do. Nothing the Vikings did won the game other then GB not playing.pro football. That's the damn truth and it's a real issue

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Christian Watson is a bust and that becomes very painful when you put so many eggs in his basket
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
29 Oct 2023 15:23
I continue to be perplexed with how they use Aaron Jones
Put me in the camp of move on next year. I love the guy but that is a lot of money to never play him.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Did we lose something that has made our wrs, oline and rbs look worse this year?

Time for Clifford. Love is not going from where he is now to a NFL starting QB.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

It's bad. It's not looking like it'll get much better this year. But, will still watch and see what happens. But it's not a pleasurable experience.
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

bud fox wrote:
29 Oct 2023 15:33
Did we lose something that has made our wrs, oline and rbs look worse this year?

I say give Love two more starts to show something. If he doesn't (he won't), then you play Clifford, just to see if he can be something or if need to pick a QB with the top 4 pick.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

No qb could do much better in this coaching malpractice clinic unless they are one of about 5 in the league. We are seeing Lafleur without 12. What do yal think?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Oct 2023 15:43
No qb could do much better in this coaching malpractice clinic unless they are one of about 5 in the league. We are seeing Lafleur without 12. What do yal think?
Tbh, last year disillusioned me, but I was willing to give the benefit-of-the-doubt that he was a victim of other problems.

Benefit retracted (four weeks ago).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
29 Oct 2023 15:56
Drj820 wrote:
Tbh, last year disillusioned me, but I was willing to give the benefit-of-the-doubt that he was a victim of other problems.

Yeah I mean I thought it was up there as one of the dumbest things I had ever heard that the 4 time MVP sure first ballot hall of famer was the problem but to each there own.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

This one might take me a bit before I write my thoughts down, I don't like to overreact, but i'm inching closer to that time when I think, maybe I just need to LOL. But i'm going to try and show restraint.

But as a whole, despite Minny giving us many opportunities to get back in the game and maybe win it, all we could muster was a laugh in the face of opportunity and say, "No thanks" as a team. They didn't quit, but the more we play it seems the more we look like B team preseason quality on offense. and D? I'm not a schematic guy, but I noticed at least twice when MN saw something on D, they moved a guy in that bunch and had easy huge completions to their TE. If i'm seeing them do that, they're seeing a lot more and probably why so many pass plays are just easy pitch and catch for the other team. Preston made about the best pass defense all damn game. That's pathetic.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Week to week I think the order of failure goes as follows:
Murphy- at the end of the day the failures of TT being medically unfit and Gutey being so atrocious of a roster builder falls under his watch.
Gutenbumst- he’s been one of the worst GMs in the league since taking over. Not only did he destroy this teams cap for the foreseeable future but he’s made terrible draft picks. On top of that you had two of the best players in franchise history say they wanted out in Rodgers and Adams because of you.
Love- this right now is the worst QB in the league. No question about it.
LaFleur- idk what more he can do. This is truly a terrible roster. That being said it is a truly terrible coaching staff he assembled. Your DC has sucked. Your multiple STs coordinators have sucked. Your OCs have sucked. Your ability to get a team prepared for big games has sucked. At the end of the day YOU suck.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

This is 2005. Those of you under 30 don't understand. You just watch week to week, drink beers, and love that you are a Packer fan.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 29 Oct 2023 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Oct 2023 16:02
Labrev wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Yeah I mean I thought it was up there as one of the dumbest things I had ever heard that the 4 time MVP sure first ballot hall of famer was the problem but to each there own.
Lots of things sound dumb when you don't know football.
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
29 Oct 2023 16:31
lupedafiasco wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Says the guy who said Rodgers was the problem and the team is significantly worse so what’s that say about you?

I said it earlier you are the forum idiot with that take. Do not speak to me.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Oct 2023 16:32
Labrev wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Says the guy who said Rodgers was the problem and the team is significantly worse so what’s that say about you?

And you just whined about forum favoritism?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Oct 2023 16:32
Labrev wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Yeah, he was so good we were 1 win better than this crap fest, this time last year (with more bad Ls to come).

FYI never said he was "the" <sic> problem, 'guess you don't know nuance either. :mrgreen:
—Magneto

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Oct 2023 16:26
This is 2005. Those of you under 30 don't understand. You just watch week to week, drink beers, and love that you are a Packer fan.
2005 team was better

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

bud fox wrote:
29 Oct 2023 15:33

First question, yes.

Love had 10 more games this year, short of a catastrophically bad season (looking more plausible), he’s gunna get 17 more.

He’s shown a lot of flashes. We are like just one more play away from best in Denver and Las Vegas, few less drops and some cleaner ball beating Minnesota today. He’s still got a great chance.

He isn’t ‘super far’ off from 5-2, granted we’ve had a very easy schedule.

Question we were asking, swap him Brock Purdy, how does everything change. Seems like he be 5-2 in not better right now on the 49ers.

All I know is I don’t know yet. This cluster duck of injuries, irresponsibly young team, poor OL penalties, drops. Just feel like I’m no closer to knowing if he can be the guy or not.

But I think he’s got 27 more games to show it.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Playoffs aren’t happening folks, I’m pulling for a top 5 pick. We need a year to draft at the top of each round. Gutey can’t hit enough from mid to back.