Backthepack Nov mock

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Backthepack Nov mock

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Closing in on Nov and things are rough right now so why not do a mock and build a strong future. I see GB doing GB things and winning a few games to not get top 4 pick. I think closer to 7 or 8.

With a late season surge and the team actually showing up before half ML somehow keeps his job but is put on notice that he could get chopped early in 24

Gone is Murphy and Gute. Don't ask how it just happens

Berry gets the axe and Jim Leonard gets the keys to the D
Steno gets demoted to OL coach where he did fine.
Eric Bieniemy is brought in as Co-head coach with the understanding of ML gets fired it's his team.

Gone
Dillon
Bak
Savage
Campbell
JRJ

FA :shock:

antoine winfield jr

Yes bring in Jim Leonards guy. An enforcer on the backend that can be the leader we need. It won't be cheap but lock him up

Draft

Trade! Yes I know trade down. With Williams, Maye and Harrison gone I don't see any other player worth a top 5-7 pick. Let someone else reach for a QB and give us more draft ammo. This trade moves us to 10 with adding 2.10 and a future 2nd.

1. Malik Nabers. WR LSU

Explosive elite athlete that will make instant impact and becomes wr 1 day one. This takes pressure off of Watson to just be himself and not a need to have 80 catches. I like Nabers just as much as Harrison. He doesn't go down easy and is on the freak list

Trade. Jaire Alexander to the Ravens for 2024 1st and future 1/2 depending on health. (AR deal). Back problems scare me. The ravens feel this move puts them over. Sell high and make the cap hit work some way. A true rebuild move.

1. Cooper DeJean DB Iowa.

Coach Leonard will be dancing for joy over this kid. Just a damn good football player that can be moved all over the defense. I'm not saying he's jaire but his versatility makes him a weapon. We need better football players. Guys that are good at the craft of football and can be coached up. This kid screams Packer.

2. Taliese Fuaga. OT wash st

Big mean nasty. Everything this OL needs. New players that get after it. We need guys that take pride in kicking ass in both pass pro and the running game. Fuaga might climb the draft boards but this guy is a plug and play 10 year starter

2.10. Graham Burton Duke OL

Another ass kicker that plays through the whistle. He played LT at Duke but he's out new Center that won't be a weak link. Well respected though the ACC as one of the best and most physical players. Get back to old school tough guys on the line. I freaking love this dude

2 (Jets). JT Tuimoloau Edge OSU

Fluid and explosive. JT has a non stop motor and unlike just the straight line guys we have he is "bendy". Can never have enough pass rushers and this kid upgrades our rotation

3. Junior Colson. LB mich

Good athlete and better tackler. He gets guys to the ground. Campbell isn't playing like he did 2 years ago and Walker is looking like a star. Get another long rangy lb next to him and we have a long term duo.

4. Rahiem Sanders RB Ark

The new Dillon but with way more speed and explosiveness the Rocket has good vision and runs behind his pads. SEC standout.

5 T vondre Sweat. DL Texas

Big body hoss you take every draft day 3. Sweat is a big dude that can help with the run and pass. Eat up blockers and let guys flow.

6. Zy Alexander. CB LSU

Fluid rangy athlete that needs to get stronger

7. Kurtis Rourke. QB Ohio

I have no idea. Big kid that put up good numbers take a flyer

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

This is a puker for me. The Packers will be forced to either go QB or OT with their first pick. They wont have a choice.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Oct 2023 15:10
This is a puker for me. The Packers will be forced to either go QB or OT with their first pick. They wont have a choice.
If you don't get the top 2 QBs none are worth the pick. You think love sucks waste a top 5 pick on anyone other then Maye or Williams and you get laughed out the town. What a terrible take

The OT for Penn St got smoked by JT Tuimoloau. Not a top guy. Alt is good but I'll take fuaga later and get the same player.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
30 Oct 2023 15:17
lupedafiasco wrote:
If you don't get the top 2 QBs none are worth the pick. You think love sucks waste a top 5 pick on anyone other then Maye or Williams and you get laughed out the town. What a terrible take

The OT for Penn St got smoked by JT Tuimoloau. Not a top guy. Alt is good but I'll take fuaga later and get the same player.
Lol hence why I said QB or OT. You either get one of the top 2 QBs by the grace of god or you’re forced to take an OT. Why would you take another WR when we can’t pass protect or run the ball?

Super terrible take on your part. I’d stick to licking windows.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

I can't see us taking a WR. We passed on Higgins. We had ammo to move up for Garrett Wilson and didn't.

I think we will have a shot at Caleb or drake. I don't see us winning another game this season.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

bud fox wrote:
30 Oct 2023 17:43
I think we will have a shot at Caleb or drake. I don't see us winning another game this season.
Hope you are right. But this team will likely finish 4-13 or even 5-12 and be out of reach of the top prospects.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I have almost no idea who any of these players are, I watch very little college ball any more, these mocks help weed out players I shouldn't waste my time researching, thanks, and keep them coming :aok:

I think unless we go after a QB ????????? we have to go BPA, and that might be the WR, I wouldn't claim to know enough to argue that, I like the 2 OL picks, if ya wanted to take another , feel free, we are in dire need of influx of talent all across our front 5, Toms may be the exception, if we go after a center, what do we do with Myers, we just spent a 2nd on him, can he play guard?

I was hoping for more of a Jones style RB, Sanders though does look pretty quick in that vid, either way we need a RB out of this draft.

so early to talk draft, guess there's not much else to think about for us Packer fans though. :mrgreen:

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Oct 2023 17:14
Backthepack4ever wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Lol hence why I said QB or OT. You either get one of the top 2 QBs by the grace of god or you’re forced to take an OT. Why would you take another WR when we can’t pass protect or run the ball?

Your such a stooge haha. I'm guessing you didn't read my response or know nothing of the 2 lineman taken on day 2. Which tackle you reaching for. The Penn St guy that got dominated 2 weeks ago. Like smoked all day. Joe alt is nice but like I said. Fuaga isn't a step down.
Please read before you respond bc again like normal you come off as a $%@# and lacking IQ

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

bud fox wrote:
30 Oct 2023 17:43
I can't see us taking a WR. We passed on Higgins. We had ammo to move up for Garrett Wilson and didn't.

Yea I get it we don't like to go get the wrs early but if we trade back to 10 like in this one Nabers is to good to pass up. He's my number 4 player in this draft and maybe I move him over Harrison.

We could lose our but I think we somehow win a few more and take ourselves out of the Maye and Williams sweepstakes

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
30 Oct 2023 18:39
lupedafiasco wrote:
Backthepack4ever wrote:

Your such a stooge haha. I'm guessing you didn't read my response or know nothing of the 2 lineman taken on day 2. Which tackle you reaching for. The Penn St guy that got dominated 2 weeks ago. Like smoked all day. Joe alt is nice but like I said. Fuaga isn't a step down.
Please read before you respond bc again like normal you come off as a $%@# and lacking IQ
Says the guy who said terrible take first. $%@# you and smd.

All I said was this draft was a puker and that’s my opinion. Don’t like it move on but don’t expect to talk &%$@ and not get a response.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I can get behind WR. I think this offense misses Adams more than anyone else it recently lost, Rodgers included, a "workhorse" receiver that just gets open quickly and reliably. 80% of MLF's pass offense ran through him.

But looking at the top WR prospects, Harrison is the only guy I really like for us. I think he fits the role and can get there quickly enough to justify the pick. I don't see anything "can't miss" in the rest. Nabers and the other OSU guy might be more slot receivers than outside guys, and I don't see much value in another slot. Coleman and Odunze are not special/playmakers.

Frankly I rather see who from our present group can emerge next year than roll the dice on one of these guys. At least, I am not there yet with any of them. And we need a vet in the WR and TE rooms. We need it something fierce. The leadership void has been huge.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Oct 2023 18:52
Backthepack4ever wrote:
30 Oct 2023 18:39
lupedafiasco wrote:

Says the guy who said terrible take first. $%@# you and smd.

All I said was this draft was a puker and that’s my opinion. Don’t like it move on but don’t expect to talk &%$@ and not get a response.
Are you high??? Totally cool not liking the mock. I have no problem with that. You can trash it no problem. I can respect that opinion.

Where we differ is I called you out on being forced on a QB or OT. In the mock I had stated both Maye and Williams were gone along with marv jr. I don't think this draft has another player worth a top 5 pick.....I'll explain

Verse is not a Bosa or Garrett. Thoughts?
Kool aid isn't a top 5 for me either? Thoughts?

As said a few times Fashanu was drug against OSU. That dude isn't Trent Williams type of prospects. Thoughts?

I like Alt. Big athletic former TE. I was mocking with him already gone so that's my opinion on both top OTs. One isn't worth it the other way gone. Thoughts?

I'm not taking a damn TE at 5 sorry.

So in this mock we are on the clock and some team believes in the next tier of QB. We traded back and got imo the 4th best prospect in Nabers. I would like you thoughts on him bc he is to me a gonna be Chase or better.... Yea I'm that high on him

Thats where the mock was at. So if you would have provided this reach OT name or the QB name your"forced" to take your statement could be understood and talked about. Instead you just made a broad not good comment which hence was a bad take bc the players (QBs OTs) weren't there.

It was a bad take. Didn't tell you to go lick windows just it had absolutely no depth or backing.

We can disagree dude but come with something to support your thoughts :box: but you sound real small with the smd stuff. Come on kid

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

My concern would be dumping both Bakh and Jaire would throw us in the same dead cap hell we are in now.

Don't mind sliding down if the top ten is weak.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

#1 Youre trading Jaire and then taking a rookie CB? Take a page out of Gutenbumst playbook by trading away Adams and going and taking a less talented player at the same position? Why are we trading away top tier assets? Dumb.

The way things are going right now this team is picking in the top 5 and theres no savior coming to make them better. Undoubtedly. This is a team that has a week 1 win and a win against a backup QB only. Theyre losing to Chicago and I think if the Cards activate Murray they pass them on the tier list of dog &%$@ teams.

The top 2 QBs will be gone in Maye and Williams. MHJ will be gone. I think the top pass rusher goes next based on the combine. I think we fall in at 5 and at that point you have to take Alt, Fashanu, or Mims. Next year Njiman is gone. Hes not staying with a team that doesnt believe in him. You cant take Rasheed Walker. And then you want to passively wait until the 2nd round to get an OT. If someone isnt going to nab him chances are you blew it at OT. Very rarely do good OTs fall. This team needs a day one starter at LT. If that doesnt happen and you dont believe that I cant help you.

I think Nabers is fine. Theres nothing wrong with fine. We have a top 10 pick though and that doesnt help us with just fine. He lacks both elite size and elite speed. Im not saying he is going to be a bad player by any means but so far he doesnt have anything that sticks out that to me says "Wow look at this WR," that differs from what you can find a few round later if we just didnt have an absolute $%@# of a GM and take DK Metcalf, Terry McClaurin, Amon Ra, the list could go on and on. WRs are the new RBs. You can get some decent ones anywhere because its the new way to move the ball. OTs go at a premium because there are so very few.

Saying Nabers is the 4th best prospect in this class says all it needs to. We are so far apart on that I dont think this is a possible debate.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Labrev wrote:
30 Oct 2023 19:04
I can get behind WR. I think this offense misses Adams more than anyone else it recently lost, Rodgers included, a "workhorse" receiver that just gets open quickly and reliably. 80% of MLF's pass offense ran through him.

But looking at the top WR prospects, Harrison is the only guy I really like for us. I think he fits the role and can get there quickly enough to justify the pick. I don't see anything "can't miss" in the rest. Nabers and the other OSU guy might be more slot receivers than outside guys, and I don't see much value in another slot. Coleman and Odunze are not special/playmakers.

Frankly I rather see who from our present group can emerge next year than roll the dice on one of these guys. At least, I am not there yet with any of them. And we need a vet in the WR and TE rooms. We need it something fierce. The leadership void has been huge.
Yea this offense misses a wr more than a 4 time mvp Sb winning Sb mvp highest rated qb of all time.

Brilliant take.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Hey some thought and substance Good for you

Yea the jaire move is kinda out there but if...if we are worried about his back then make the move. You saw him Sunday right. He got cooked by a rookie. He was awful. Awful. Complete trash. If the issue is the back then let him be someone else's problem. I don't want to make that move but if it's gonna be a long term issue smart move is move

We can disagree on those OTs bc alt is the only one good there. Go check out those 2 OL prospects I shared. They are everything you have harped for years. Big physical mean mfers that get &%$@ done. There are plenty of food starting NFL tackles that don't go top 10. Please share the statement that supports your stance there. Edge/pass rushers that has been proven. OTs not as much. Yea if the player is there get him but to reach is way wrong just bc.

Nabers is identical in size to jamar Chase. After the combine it might show that he's more explosive also. The dude is a freak athlete and runs routes like a wizard. That's fine YOU don't see him at 4. I'll take him over reaching just cause for a tackle that you can have day 2.

Thanks for putting more thoughts into your response though. I can appreciate that.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

So you’ll reach for a WR at a deep position we are already highly invested in over reaching for a historically thin position that has significantly more importance and we are highly thin at?

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Oct 2023 21:24
So you’ll reach for a WR at a deep position we are already highly invested in over reaching for a historically thin position that has significantly more importance and we are highly thin at?
That's a good question.

Are we highly invested at wr? We aren't paying a single guy or anyone a 1sr round picks? So I would say that yes we threw some darts at the board we didn't invest real money

We all keep begging for playmakers let's get the damn playmaker. And Nabers is it.

Idk id this matters to you but

Elite athletic skills -- Made Bruce Feldman's 2023 'Freaks List' at number 33. He wrote: "The 6-0, 201-pound junior measured at 1.01 RSImod — reactive strength index modified. This essentially describes Nabers’ ability to complete his max vertical jump at a very fast rate, so along with having a vertical leap of almost 40 inches, he can reach that feat faster than anyone on the team. Nabers also produced 2700 watts peak power on power clean, which is remarkable for a skill player."

I'm all about getting a long term all world guy at tackle. Believe that. I think we can land 2 long term possible pro bowl talents day 2 and not reach I. The top 10. Again. I did this with alt gone. The rest are not elite prospects. This isn't the year for a LT.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Investing in a wr is like investing in racing wheels for a terrible driver. It's useless.

For the current packers.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

bud fox wrote:
30 Oct 2023 21:07

Yea this offense misses a wr more than a 4 time mvp Sb winning Sb mvp highest rated qb of all time.

Brilliant take.
Damn right it is.

Rodgers was not MVP in 2019. He was middling. And the offense was just fine, even the team success was identical as next year when he won MVP (13-3 + NFCCG), because guess who was still producing for the passing game... and continued to produce without Rodgers last year in Vegas.

The first season without Adams is the first one where this offense sputters. As bad as this season is, we were only 1 win better this time last year, for all that noise about how losing Rodgers is the reason for this year's struggles. 1 win better than terribad, wow... huge loss right there lol.

Adams was the real MVP of 2020 and 2021; literally all Rodgers did in both those years was spam the ball to him.
Last edited by Labrev on 30 Oct 2023 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto