2023 packers positivity only 🪡

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
24 Nov 2023 16:32
Half Empty wrote:
24 Nov 2023 08:56
TheSkeptic wrote:
24 Nov 2023 06:23
#1 The Packers no longer have questions about whether Love can be the 4th superior QB in a row: Majik, Favre, Rodgers and now Love. The dynasty continues.

#2 The last 2 drafts appear to be gold medal worthy. Gute rocks!
One, I say one, outstanding year makes for a superior player? Please make your case for Majik (unless the reference was tongue-in-cheek).
Majik is in the Packers hall of fame. He took a cellar dweller team and made them a tam to be respected. He made it interesting and exciting to be a Packers fan after so many miserable years. Is that enough? Too bad he got hurt just when things were finally improving.
That should be more than enough. I recall the 1989 to 1992 games when Majik gave us Packers fans long overdue HOPE. And man oh man .......... did we ever need some HOPE. No one will ever know what Majik may have accomplished had he not gotten injured. Same goes for Sterling Sharpe during the same era.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Madcity_matt wrote:
24 Nov 2023 10:05
Half Empty wrote:
24 Nov 2023 08:56
TheSkeptic wrote:
24 Nov 2023 06:23
#1 The Packers no longer have questions about whether Love can be the 4th superior QB in a row: Majik, Favre, Rodgers and now Love. The dynasty continues.

#2 The last 2 drafts appear to be gold medal worthy. Gute rocks!
One, I say one, outstanding year makes for a superior player? Please make your case for Majik (unless the reference was tongue-in-cheek).
I think the trajectory looks pretty good for him to be a franchise player, but agree we aren't there yet. Majik is a pretty big stretch though lol. But he did bring some excitement to the fan base with his play. Primed the pump for the fanbase to get ready for an era of greatness.
One year wonder or not, 2nd in the MVP voting means the NFL saw him as a superior player even if for only one season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... s_1989.htm

Read More. Post Less.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

This should not be possible, but we are doing kinda OK with the weirdest offensive tackle situation I can remember. I've NEVER seen LTs getting rotated in and out. Or a QB surviving for any throw when your OTs consist of:

1 4th round pick
2 7th round pick
3 Undrafted free agent

OT is still a premium position, and SOMEHOW we are doing OK with measly 6.2M of cap shared between those 3 guys. That's some helluva talent acquisition and development! By rights, we should have Wil Whiticker -level OT play, not OK or Good OT play.

Whomever is our OL scout or who found these guys, and the OL coach, give them a huge Christmas bonus!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

salmar80 wrote:
28 Nov 2023 08:45
Whomever is our OL scout or who found these guys, and the OL coach, give them a huge Christmas bonus!
Cole Madison, Simon Stepaniak, Jake Hanson, Royce Newman, Cole Van Lanen, even Josh Myers... there is value in volume and the hits cover up some of these misses, but the volume has also costed us a bit at other positions. It's clear we made a concerted effort to beef up the interior of our OL to mixed results and, as such, we are still thin, long-term, at OT.

Read More. Post Less.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

NCF wrote:
28 Nov 2023 11:19
salmar80 wrote:
28 Nov 2023 08:45
Cole Madison, Simon Stepaniak, Jake Hanson, Royce Newman, Cole Van Lanen, even Josh Myers... there is value in volume and the hits cover up some of these misses, but the volume has also costed us a bit at other positions. It's clear we made a concerted effort to beef up the interior of our OL to mixed results and, as such, we are still thin, long-term, at OT.
A lot of the lower percentages of hits are directly related to the capital we spent to bring most of these guys in. lots of day 3 picks coming through, for me the optimistic takeaway is that despite the higher miss rate we seem to have found some pretty good hits.

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Well, how about those Green Bay Packers? Brilliant win last night against the defending Super Bowl Champs.
GO PACK GO!!!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Difficult not to be positive about them now. :)

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

TheSkeptic wrote:
05 Dec 2023 10:26
Difficult not to be positive about them now. :)
I fully attribute this thread to their recent success.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Young WR and DB’s getting lots of playing time, reps and experience

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

JKB wrote:
12 Dec 2023 15:50
Young WR and DB’s getting lots of playing time, reps and experience
agreed, bring in another solid draft classs with 5 top 85 picks, add a few reasonable free agents that fit the culture and I think we'll be really good again. This year has been unsurprisingly inconsistent. Hopefully they can keep growing together.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Qualifies:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

APB wrote:
12 Dec 2023 18:06
Qualifies:
Barry has to go. He makes bringing the Lombardi Trophy home next season much harder. If I had to make a choice between:

A: winning out and even winning a playoff game this season and being stuck with Bary for several years
B: losing out and missing the playoffs but Barry being fired

I would choose B. The Packers are positioned to be the best team in the league starting next season. I don't want them to blow their chances at 2 or 3 SB wins because of a passive and poorly coached D.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
13 Dec 2023 07:44
APB wrote:
Qualifies:
Barry has to go. He makes bringing the Lombardi Trophy home next season much harder. If I had to make a choice between:

A: winning out and even winning a playoff game this season and being stuck with Bary for several years

I would choose B. The Packers are positioned to be the best team in the league starting next season. I don't want them to blow their chances at 2 or 3 SB wins because of a passive and poorly coached D.
Gonna need some positive spin there, [mention]TheSkeptic[/mention]...as of now, your post doesn't qualify. :mrgreen:

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

APB wrote:
13 Dec 2023 11:03
TheSkeptic wrote:
APB wrote:
Qualifies:

Gonna need some positive spin there, @TheSkeptic...as of now, your post doesn't qualify. :mrgreen:
Thanks APB! That said, if Barry was let go, I think there would be a lot of positivity in here.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Madcity_matt wrote:
13 Dec 2023 15:46
APB wrote:
13 Dec 2023 11:03
TheSkeptic wrote:

Gonna need some positive spin there, @TheSkeptic...as of now, your post doesn't qualify. :mrgreen:
Thanks APB! That said, if Barry was let go, I think there would be a lot of positivity in here.
More like euphoria… :lol:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

APB wrote:
13 Dec 2023 17:47
Madcity_matt wrote:
13 Dec 2023 15:46
More like euphoria… :lol:
I second that opinion. Euphoria

As for positivity, having a legitimate chance at several SB's in the next 5 years is a very positive thing. Just one little thing needed to make it happen. Very easy task it takes MLF, takes less than 5 minutes. An outside chance it can even start this season.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

MLF was very critical of the soft coverage on the last drive. He refused to say if it was Barry or DB's fault

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Looks like the Packers struck gold at TE in this year's draft.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Just incredible when you think about the production you're getting from these guys.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

4 of the top 6 pass catchers are rookies.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."