Week 10 Post Game: Steelers vs Packers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Week 10 Post Game: Steelers vs Packers

Post by go pak go »

Good job today boys. That was a fun game!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

I second that. The Steelers are a winning team and we were in it. We „just“ lack … talent. I am still open about Love, sometimes his throws look :roll:, sometimes :). Our defense does alright too. It is the offense that is hurting us at this point.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

That Jordan Love throw to Reed on the final drive was fantastic. He was completly off balance and still got that ball off 40 yards.

Oline did a great job against a stout front 7. Banged up secondary held up great.

Only real knocks I have on the team is Deguara on the FG blocking and our complete lack of trying to defend the run.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

My initial thoughts:
1. Lateral non-call was horrendous. Definitely had an affect on the final score.
2. Our OL run blocking leaves a lot to be desired. We always seem to be pulling guys which leaves open lanes for defenders to penetrate the back field.
3. Thank you Matt Canada for not running it down our throats more.
4. Red zone play in 2nd half killed us.
5. Jones made a couple of boneheaded plays. But he probably feels like he has to make something happen.
6. Wicks is always open while Watson can't separate from a 35y/o CB. Doubs needs more targets. I would use Watson strictly to clear out and occupy safeties with Wicks and Doubs underneath.
7. Love is still learning. Some throws leave you scratching your head while others are like alright this guy gets it.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

another game with a bit of progress. Less glaring mistakes and penalties. Love looking pretty good, but still off in some areas. Some WR has to step up an be THE guy. Maybe he's not on the team, I don't know. But he's not out there yet this season. Can't throw red zone INTs. Jones couldn't get anything working today. Not going to do much if he's having an off day.

Should Gary have had a TD? Yes. But that didn't lose the game. I'll put bad ST and the blocked XP as bigger culprits.

Jenkins is going to get himself a hefty fine with the end of game shenanigans. As a vet, can't let the frustration boil over like that.

Should've won that game. but we aren't the team to win those yet.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

MLF not too happy. Mistakes and poor play in all 3 phases in certain situations. Something we've all pointed out. As a coach, how do you get the players to play how you envision? Do you blame them? Your staff? Yourself? Has to be frustrating.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

German_Panzer wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:15
I second that. The Steelers are a winning team and we were in it. We „just“ lack … talent. I am still open about Love, sometimes his throws look :roll:, sometimes :). Our defense does alright too. It is the offense that is hurting us at this point.
How many yards rushing did the Steelers get today?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:42
German_Panzer wrote:
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:27
another game with a bit of progress. Less glaring mistakes and penalties. Love looking pretty good, but still off in some areas. Some WR has to step up an be THE guy. Maybe he's not on the team, I don't know. But he's not out there yet this season. Can't throw red zone INTs. Jones couldn't get anything working today. Not going to do much if he's having an off day.

Should Gary have had a TD? Yes. But that didn't lose the game. I'll put bad ST and the blocked XP as bigger culprits.

Jenkins is going to get himself a hefty fine with the end of game shenanigans. As a vet, can't let the frustration boil over like that.

What did Jenkins do? I didn't see...

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Pugger wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:
Still held them to 23 which is alright for me.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:44
Pugger wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:
$%@# Love

Defense played fine

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
Pugger wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:
That is not good. Our inability to stop the run is an issue.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Losses do not sting as badly when you come to terms with the fact that we are probably not in realistic playoff contention this season, which I did a couple weeks ago.

What bothered during the four-game losing skid was how putrid the offense looked, not the mere fact we lost. The offense looked decent today. I definitely want to see more improvement, but... baby steps, and all that jazz.

I am a lot less bothered by this loss than any of the others this season. Sadly, as is all too often the case with this team even pre-Love, it always seems like when one side of the ball takes a step forward, the other side and/or ST takes a step back. Still waiting on that "complimentary football" MLF always preaches.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:45
paco wrote:

I didn't see it in detail and they didn't replay it. But sounds like he pushed a Steeler well after the final INT play, out of bounds. Sent a guy flying. It was flagged as well.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:46
paco wrote:
Pugger wrote:

That is not good. Our inability to stop the run is an issue.
We don't know if we can stop the run. Barry hasn't tried it yet.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:47
Pugger wrote:
12 Nov 2023 15:45
paco wrote:

I didn't see it in detail and they didn't replay it. But sounds like he pushed a Steeler well after the final INT play, out of bounds. Sent a guy flying. It was flagged as well.
I knew there was a flag there but didn't hear who the culprit was.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Part of me wonders if this wasn't all Deguara's fault. MLF mentioned them supposed to be using a dummy count and maybe that didn't happen. But when the guys starts coming at you, maybe, I don't know, move your feet, just a little?
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

And man, Watson is a massive disappointment this year. His play last year arguably sparked our midseason turnaround, but he has largely been a non-factor this year.

I maintain that part of it is that Love has not adjusted his throws to account for Watson's speed enough, which is why all his long balls to him seem to be underthrown, but that does not change the fact that Watson in his individual capacity is not playing well.

I am on board with benching Watson and starting Wicks, in part because Wicks is just playing better and is the superior receiver right now, but also a message needs to be sent to Watson to get his act together, playmaking ability alone does not give you starting-job security. We can draft an MVS next April if he is not going to be anything better.

Aaron Jones also stunk up the field today. Not a good year for him. Injury obviously is not his fault but he's presumably healthy now.

I have railed on MLF for much of the season, but I thought he did fine today.
Last edited by Labrev on 12 Nov 2023 16:04, edited 2 times in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Christian Watson is actually hurting this team right now. Its sad to say but he is. Love needs to figure that out too. He will be way more successful if he tends not to look his way. ITs sad. Anyone remember Troy Williamson of the Vikings. Reminds me of that situation except Troy was an even worst bust that in the first round no less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Labrev wrote:
12 Nov 2023 16:01
And man, Watson is a massive disappointment this year. His play last year arguably sparked our midseason turnaround, but he has largely been a non-factor this year.

I maintain that part of it is that Love has not adjusted his throws to account for Watson's speed enough, which is why all his long balls to him seem to be underthrown, but that does not change the fact that Watson in his individual capacity is not playing well.

I am on board with benching Watson and starting Wicks, in part because Wicks is just playing better and is the superior receiver right now, but also a message needs to be sent to Watson to get his act together, playmaking ability alone does not give you starting-job security. We can draft an MVS next April if he is not going to be anything better.

Aaron Jones also stunk up the field today. Not a good year for him. Injury obviously is not his fault but he's presumably healthy now.

I have railed on MLF for much of the season, but I thought he did fine today.
MY_TAKE wrote:
12 Nov 2023 16:02
Christian Watson is actually hurting this team right now. Its sad to say but he is. Love needs to figure that out too. He will be way more successful if he tends not to look his way. ITs sad. Anyone remember Troy Williamson of the Vikings. Reminds me of that situation except Troy was an even worst bust that in the first round no less.
I agree, he's been a disappointment this year. But he's not going to get better off the field. Have to work through it and see if he and Love can build on anything together. Wicks does need more opportunities though. He's the 1 receiver consistently getting open and getting separation.
RIP JustJeff