Chargers @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Nov. 19th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Chargers @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Nov. 19th, 12:00 PM CST

Post by Pckfn23 »

:chargers: Los Angeles Chargers@ Green Bay Packers :packers:
Sunday, November 12th, 2023, 12:00 PM CST
Spread: Green Bay Packers +3
Over/Under: 44.5

Stadium

Lambeau Field

Injury Report
https://www.packers.com/team/injury-report/

Broadcast (FOX)
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2023&wk=11
Kevin Kugler, Mark Sanchez

Dope Sheet
https://www.packers.com/news/dope-sheet ... -home-2023
The Green Bay Packers return to Lambeau Field to play the Los Angeles Chargers on Sunday.

It is tied for the latest-ever trip to Lambeau Field for the Chargers (Week 11 - Nov. 24, 1974).
Green Bay holds a 10-2 (.833) record against the Chargers, including a 4-1 mark at home. It is the highest regular season winning percentage for the Packers against an opponent.
The Packers won the last meeting at Lambeau Field, a 27-20 victory in 2015.
The Packers have scored 20-plus points in every game against the Chargers except one.
Three of the last four contests between the two teams have been decided by seven points or less.
LB Preston Smith registered nine tackles (six solo), a sack and a tackle for a loss in the 2019 game against the Chargers.
Dating back to last season, Smith has registered a sack in five straight games against AFC opponents, it is tied with LB Tim Harris (1987-88) for the longest sack streak by a Packer vs. AFC teams.
WR Romeo Doubs has recorded a receiving TD in each of the last two contests versus AFC teams. Dating back to last season, Doubs has four receiving TDs in seven games against AFC opponents.
Under LaFleur, the Packers are 12-9 against AFC teams, a .571 winning percentage that is tied for No. 4 in the NFC and tied for No. 8 in the NFL since 2019.
Sunday is the final of four scheduled noon (CT) games in a row for the Packers.
Green Bay is 2-3 in games played at noon (CT) this season (2-1 at home) and 18-9 in noon (CT) games under LaFleur, a .667 winning percentage that ranks No. 8 in the NFL since 2019.
The Packers are 7-2 at home in the month of November under LaFleur, a .778 winning percentage that is tied for No. 5 in the NFL since 2019.
The Packers will wear their 50s Classic Uniform this Sunday, a uniform inspired by the team's uniforms from 1950-1953, which was the second time the team wore green and gold in its history. The uniforms are all green, with gold numbers and stripes, matching green pants with gold stripes, and green socks. Green Bay debuted the uniform in 2021 in a Week 7 victory over Washington.
Week 12 will be another short week for the Packers as they will play at the Lions on Thanksgiving. It is the first time Green Bay has played on the holiday since it hosted the Bears in 2015 and the first time at Detroit since 2013.
According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the two Thursday games against Detroit mark just the second time that two teams have squared off multiple times on a Thursday in the same season (1926 Chicago Bears/Chicago Cardinals).
Weather
image.png
image.png (345.6 KiB) Viewed 783 times
JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Chargers 17
:lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi: :lombardi:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

A talented team that always finds a way to lose vs a less talented team learning how to win together.

Should be interesting.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I made the thread, we already lost, so no worries.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The charger defense is trash. So if we cannot move the ball, thats a big red flad/problem.

The Charger O can be good...but we are supposed to have a good defense.

I would say if the defense can play good, then we have a chance to be in a close game.

But if it turns into a shootout, they blow us out most likely.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Nov 2023 09:27
April 2024 Packers fans thank you. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This is a big game for the Chargers. They need to win to keep their postseason hopes strong.

I expect a tough team who is seeking redemption after getting crushed by Detroit.

I also expect our defense to play a lot of 4th downs.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
15 Nov 2023 09:45
This is a big game for the Chargers. They need to win to keep their postseason hopes strong.

I expect a tough team who is seeking redemption after getting crushed by Detroit.

You think they'll get them to 4th down often? :lol:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I hope you enjoyed those downfield pass plays this past Sunday because that was the game to do it. This game, not so much. They run that two-high stuff that we and the Rams run.

Our gameplan on O will no doubt be copypasta from two weeks ago against the other LA football team: a healthy dose of run plays to Jones 'n Dillon, take what the defense gives you through the air until the opposing D starts to creep up to try to stop the run and bites on playaction, then you can take your shots downfield.

Our defense has one of its first real tests against a good young QB. Their offense rarely plays like the sum of its parts, but we have been the "get right" team for our opponents. :(
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

This is gonna be a cheek clapper.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
well thanks for that, no use getting excited then, less heart strain :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
15 Nov 2023 10:12
I hope you enjoyed those downfield pass plays this past Sunday because that was the game to do it. This game, not so much. They run that two-high stuff that we and the Rams run.

Our gameplan on O will no doubt be copypasta from two weeks ago against the other LA football team: a healthy dose of run plays to Jones 'n Dillon, take what the defense gives you through the air until the opposing D starts to creep up to try to stop the run and bites on playaction, then you can take your shots downfield.

Our defense has one of its first real tests against a good young QB. Their offense rarely plays like the sum of its parts, but we have been the "get right" team for our opponents. :(
sounds good if the run blocking OL gets better, I see up tempo shorter passing coupled with the run, dial back to small ball WCO.

If the defense doesn't try to lose, if Jones can get it going, we could see some redemption for last weeks loss that should have been a win.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Surely there must be a way to monetize this revolutionary new method of tanking? I'll call some NBA teams and see if they'll hire you. All I ask is 60% of the take. :mrgreen:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yet another week and no Packers football down here. We get Tampa late on Fox. Thank goodness for Red Zone.

44°??? Brrrrr! :lol:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
15 Nov 2023 09:39
The charger defense is trash. So if we cannot move the ball, thats a big red flad/problem.

The Charger O can be good...but we are supposed to have a good defense.

I would say if the defense can play good, then we have a chance to be in a close game.

But if it turns into a shootout, they blow us out most likely.
They are pretty good at running the ball so we will probably have a game yielding big time yards again. :|

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
15 Nov 2023 12:34
Pckfn23 wrote:
Surely there must be a way to monetize this revolutionary new method of tanking? I'll call some NBA teams and see if they'll hire you. All I ask is 60% of the take. :mrgreen:
While we didn't lose every game last year, we did have our first losing season in the LaFleur era. Then the 2 I made this year were losses...

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

In preparation for this upcoming game I'm thinking about driving up on Saturday to get Bulaga to autograph my Super Bowl 45 starting offense mini helmet. So far I've got Rodgers, Jordy and Driver. Need the offensive line, Jermichael Finley, James Jones, Greg Jennings, and the running backs. Kuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhn !!!!!

Wow....Kugler and Sanchez are the announcers. Not the A team for sure.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

go pak go wrote:
15 Nov 2023 09:45

While they might come out with fire tough and the chargers should be out together. This team has been soft for a long time. Plenty of talent on paper but just can't do it. Like many packer teams oflcer the last 12 years it's the same out west. (keep want to say SD).

We shouldnt win. They should roll but I'm always feeling good about this time. Close game... GB makes it ugly and steals a home one

27-24

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

With the Pack at home this should be a close game. The Packers probably make too many mistakes and lose at the end. Hopefully Love and the recievers have some success against a chargers secondary that hasn't been that good. It will be interesting to see how the D holds up against Herbert.

27-23 Chargers. I hope its the other way around.