Week 13 Post Game: Packers 27 Chiefs 19

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Week 13 Post Game: Packers 27 Chiefs 19

Post by APB »

Great game by players and staff!

Not gonna muddle how awesome they played with bad calls at the end.

WE TOOK IT TO THE WORLD CHAMPS ALL GAME!

Man, what a great win!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Great win!

Hopefully it won't be Aaron's last game where we don't win another game till next year.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

paco wrote:
03 Dec 2023 22:50

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Packers possessions:

13 plays, 75 yards, 7:47; TD
8 plays, 75 yards, 4:21; TD
8 plays, 38 yards, 2:10; punt (boo)
7 plays, 67 yards, 4:16; TD
7 plays, 16 yards, 3:15; punt (BOO)
11 plays, 55 yards, 4:38; FG
11 plays, 35 yards, 4:05; FG

That's just fantastic. Against a top-notch defense, too.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Dungy outlining how Reid has been a part of and then embodied, the "sit your QB to let him watch" mentality of development over the years to see it come back around again to Love against him was lovely

(Favre in GB, then took it to McNabb in Philly, then took it to Patrick Mahomes in KC

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Safe to say I won’t have a voice tomorrow, but that was the funnest game I think I’ve ever been at. We all were hoping 10 days ago that we could steal one of Detor KC. But to win both…oh my. I’ve been on the “watching without expectations’ train this season but now I want more. This team is playing great. Hope Watson is alright

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Next Gen stat of the game: The Chiefs recorded a season-low 47.6% defensive success rate, allowing 6.1 yards per play (their second-most in a game this season).

NFL Research: This was Jordan Love's fourth game of 2023 with three-plus passing TDs and no INTs, tying him with Brock Purdy for the most such games in the NFL. Love is the fifth QB in the Super Bowl era to have four such games in his first 13 starts.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I won't hear anything about refs giving us the win. We were the better team last night, plain and simple. That's why KC themselves weren't even that mad about it.

Chiefs needed 8 to tie and then maybe win. Or they may still have lost. Who wants OT on Sunday night football?

Hahaha... not us going into the LAC/DET/KC weeks like "oh no, we'll be lucky to even get *one* win out of that." :rotf: We just came out of it 3-0!! I made a post saying that people were overrating those three teams, but even I wasn't expecting to come out 3-0.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
04 Dec 2023 06:40
I won't hear anything about refs giving us the win. We were the better team last night, plain and simple. That's why KC themselves weren't even that mad about it.

Chiefs needed 8 to tie and then maybe win.
That's the thing being overlooked by media and twitter experts. The Packers outplayed the defending champs by a significant margin last night.

The Packers were up 8 points with just over a minute to play before any of the dubious officiating took it's toll. And if we're gonna complain about officiating, let's complain about ALL the dubious officiating on that final drive to include the BS late hit call, the BS clock stoppage after forward momentum had been stopped, and the lack of 10 second runoff after the fumble overturn (runner was down inbounds thus the overturn required 10 sec runoff).

Sure, the interference call should have been made. But that was just one of several - most going against the Packers - that were blown. I don't wanna hear it.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I was, I expected this all along, if this doesn't look like a team that could have double digit wins I don't know what does, KC is a great example of what happens when ya only have several skill position players that produce

Chiefs' wide receivers, passing offense: Chiefs receivers have been maligned this season, and they aren’t doing much to quiet the criticism.

Rashee Rice was the only Chiefs wide receiver with more than three receptions. The Chiefs' entire pass offense is being carried by Rice, tight end Travis Kelce and running back Isiah Pacheco, the only players with three or more receptions in the loss.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/chiefs-vs- ... 03612.html

nice to watch us play a complete game, we beat KC at just about everything, Mahomes ended up with a 80 QBR, the defense stepped up big, most satisfying win in a long time.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

The KC D was in the neutral zone all night night long. The first PI was an uncatchable ball. The OPI by Kelce was bad. The Mahomes hit was ridiculous. That changes the mindset of the D and could have led to the non call PI on MVS. Should have been off setting penalties on the punch up, but Pacheco would still have been tossed for the punch. There was nothing on the Hail Mary. That's total BS.

The script was that Mahomes is going to win the game in the final seconds with a 9 pt play. And when it doesn't happen the media loses it.
Last edited by Cdragon on 04 Dec 2023 07:15, edited 1 time in total.