Week 14 Post-Game: Giants-24 Packers-22

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Week 14 Post-Game: Giants-24 Packers-22

Post by APB »

Poor play calling at inopportune times, poor play from all three phases, too. Clutch plays to take the lead but ultimately let one go, deservedly so you could argue.

Let’s hear it. I know those pitchforks weren’t put away too deep in the closet.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Bad. Everything was bad. Throw it away and you sure as hell better play like you did against the Chiefs and Lions next game.
RIP JustJeff

jglovia
Reactions:

Post by jglovia »

I feared this would happen. Win two, three of you count chargers, big games and then play down to the level of these guys. Had a chance dispute of how bad they played but Barry will Barry. Played like they needed a TD in prevent! Where is that blitz heavy big d? Oh well gotta recover fast for Tampa or the season is over

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

We figured it would be an up and down season and it sure is.

I think the trenches really lost it for us. But questionable play-calling, some bad execution, some bone headed mistakes, turnovers, missed field goals, dumb officiating.

Giants needed to make it an ugly game and they sure did.

We will find out who the real Green Bay Packers are in these last few weeks.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I thought MLF called some really nice plays…but then he’d completely sabotage a drive trying to get cute. The fact he called yet another WR end around on the 2 pt play, after the past half dozen had failed, is mind blowing. Jesus, dude. Offense is supposed to be your thing.

Love reverted to November Love but, to his credit, he recovered when the game was on the line. He did enough to win IMO. He wasn’t great or even good by any means, but he did enough to win.

I didn’t trust the success Barry has had coming into this game, and I still don’t, but Nixon eying the backfield while Robinson runs by him while they’re playing man is not on Barry. Nixon was not good tonight on defense or ST.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I feel like daboll called a game that protected his QB. I mean he only threw like 4 incs . From there he just took what was given. Daboll ran the ball a lot even when it wasn’t working. We were shutting the run down most of the night. Yet he kept doing it.

Lafleur pretended like Love was Rodgers and kept putting the offense into his hands. That’s what was so maddening. We could have protected Love on his off night and won that game with just defense and pounding Dillon.

Dillon was up for the task. That was maddening.
Last edited by Drj820 on 11 Dec 2023 22:50, edited 1 time in total.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:46
Now this actually reminds me of Rodger’s first year.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I will die on the hill that Heath's drop was actually a TD. The rules in the endzone are different.

Dumbest play of the day award goes to Nixon, with Barkley the runner-up.

And the defense was clearly going give up a TD on that drive had Barkley not fumbled.

MLF: I know Reed is good, but my god! Lateral plays were not what we needed.

Love: Did you spray Pam on your fingers, or what? At least you bounced back at the end somewhat.

Toure: See how Watson learned to go up for the ball?

Valentine: Shut up already!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

In defense of the defense: I’ve never seen a defense be put in bad spot after bad spot and not break by the 4th quarter. Combine that with Barry wanting to continue to play prevent on the last drive and the coffin is nailed shut 9x out of 10.

It’s Lafleurs fault for putting the game in their hands when he could have just sprinkled in some late runs and burned an extra minute off the clock easily

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:52
I will die on the hill that Heath's drop was actually a TD. The rules in the endzone are different.

And the defense was clearly going give up a TD on that drive had Barkley not fumbled.

Love: Did you spray Pam on your fingers, or what? At least you bounced back at the end somewhat.

Saved me a lot of typing, thank you

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’ll trust muh gal Annie over Lupe :lol:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:47
I feel like daboll called a game that protected his QB. I mean he only threw like 4 incs . From there he just took what was given. Daboll ran the ball a lot even when it wasn’t working. We were shutting the run down most of the night. Yet he kept doing it.

Lafleur pretended like Love was Rodgers and kept putting the offense into his hands. That’s what was so maddening. We could have protected Love on his off night and won that game with just defense and pounding Dillon.

Dillon was up for the task. That was maddening.
Like I said in the GDT, I was beginning to wonder if Dillon was hurt. Love wasn't wonderful but MLF did him no favors.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Gave up over 200 yards rushing… again.

Masterclass

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:

Did MLF call these stupid WR reverses so much when AR was around? It hadn't worked since the first quarter and you call that asinine play on the 2 point conversion??? :nono:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

How many missed sacks did we have? We were whizzing past Devito all game.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
11 Dec 2023 22:57
In defense of the defense: I’ve never seen a defense be put in bad spot after bad spot and not break by the 4th quarter. Combine that with Barry wanting to continue to play prevent on the last drive and the coffin is nailed shut 9x out of 10.

It’s Lafleurs fault for putting the game in their hands when he could have just sprinkled in some late runs and burned an extra minute off the clock easily
It took the D an entire half before they finally stopped that QB from escaping up the middle for big yards.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pugger wrote:
11 Dec 2023 23:05
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

Did MLF call these stupid WR reverses so much when AR was around? It hadn't worked since the first quarter and you call that asinine play on the 2 point conversion??? :nono:
No, but we also didn't have a player who was good at it like Reed. I get why he likes it, but 2-3 times is the maximum or as we saw the defense will learn.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
11 Dec 2023 23:09
Pugger wrote:
11 Dec 2023 23:05
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

No, but we also didn't have a player who was good at it like Reed. I get why he likes it, but 2-3 times is the maximum or as we saw the defense will learn.
He actually tried them quite a bit with slow guys like Lazard lol. Tonight it was just an obsession tho. Strange.