Would You Rather

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Would you rather:

Lose out and fire Joe Barry
78%
Win out and retain Joe Barry
22%

Total votes: 18

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Would You Rather

Post by Pckfn23 »

:?:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Not a difficult choice. Especially since the changes of playoffs, even with winning out, are a lot less now that the Rams won last night against the Saints. I expect SF to lose to the Rams in week 18 due to resting players.

Barry is bad. No question. But Gute is just as much of a problem. There are few good defensive players, and that is on him. He traded away the best CB for peanuts because he dared to criticize the powers that be. And most of the players are not only bad, but morons, too.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Depends how we lose.

But if the offense looks competent and we lose because of defense....id probably take that over dominating bad teams and seeing the same next year
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

wallyuwl wrote:
22 Dec 2023 13:15
Not a difficult choice. Especially since the changes of playoffs, even with winning out, are a lot less now that the Rams won last night against the Saints.
The win by the Rams doesn't hurt us unless the Rams also win out.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

First option, because the Barry D is an Achilles heel that would cost us future playoff runs if we kept him around. The sooner we get that right, the better our chances when the SB window opens.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

I'd like to win and still fire him, but if we have to lose so be it. Playoffs would be good for the kids, more reps, more pressure, more experience, sets them up for next year, but getting rid of Barry would be worth it.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Neither. I want to win out AND let go of Joe.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Dec 2023 13:36
wallyuwl wrote:
Not a difficult choice. Especially since the changes of playoffs, even with winning out, are a lot less now that the Rams won last night against the Saints.
Correct. I think they do

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Neither. Win out and fire the entire coaching staff.
Then selectively rehire once a new head coach is signed.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

I hate the idea of losing any games, but this team is not going to do anything in the playoffs anyway. Let's work toward a good reliable defense fir the future.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

wallyuwl wrote:
22 Dec 2023 15:34
Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Dec 2023 13:36
wallyuwl wrote:
Correct. I think they do
Rams at 49ers last game with 3 teams currently a game back from 49era. It would be a tall order.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 22 Dec 2023 15:42, edited 1 time in total.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

You don't get to pick "neither" in a game of Would You Rather; the point is to make you choose among undesirable options (it goes without saying that you do not want any of the options). C'mon people!
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Labrev wrote:
22 Dec 2023 15:40
You don't get to pick "neither" in a game of Would You Rather; the point is to make you choose among undesirable options (it goes without saying that you do not want any of the options). C'mon people!
Hey wait a minute. Neither is Neither. :idn: I didn't vote.
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 22 Dec 2023 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Easy: We aren't going to win a playoff game with Barry anyway! The answer is obvious
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Win out and retain Joe Berry as a Senior Asst. and hire a new DC.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I think back to the 2021 divisional round game.

If our O or ST didn’t blow ass, we’d have won going away and that would have gone down as our best playoff defensive appearance since -6 yards Barry Sanders.

It can be done. Easiest path to success is to just win with what we got. Let’s $%@# win 100 games in a row.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Don't have a problem with Barry. Look at the 2ndary talent he has to work with.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

bud fox wrote:
22 Dec 2023 17:08
Don't have a problem with Barry. Look at the 2ndary talent he has to work with.
I dunno. Preston and Campbell are pretty good corners.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Idk. If we win out then that means we probably make playoffs on a bit of a hot streak. I think if this team plays up to its ceiling then we can hang with anyone. I think the smart money would be to lose out and get a new DC, but I don't think I could bring myself to do that, so I voted for win out and retain Barry.

I'm on everyone else's side now about firing Barry, but it's probably somewhat likely that we end up with a downgrade at DC because we never can seem to get a good one. As it stands, I think Barry has probably been our best DC since idk before Bob Sanders? But I would still roll the dice at this point.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

NCF wrote:
22 Dec 2023 16:48
Win out and retain Joe Berry as a Senior Asst. and hire a new DC.
Win out and let the Da Bears hit Joe Barry as their new Head Coach. :aok: