Jordan Freaking Love

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

CWIMM wrote:
05 Apr 2024 04:02
Yoop wrote:
04 Apr 2024 15:17
he never played like dog &%$@, only issues I saw was not stepping into some throws, and the pass rush and speed of it getting to him, and a lot of that where protection issues.
Love had stretches of games last season in which he struggled while the pocket was kept clean as well.

In the five games vs. the Raiders, Broncos, Vikings, Steelers and Giants he completed only 62.3% of his passes, threw only four touchdowns and six interceptions while having a passer rating of 70.9 while facing no pressure.

With that being said, let me be clear about that I was surprised by how well he played overall as a first year starter and I'm confident in him developing into a very good QB for the next 10+ seasons. But, he made some mistakes in 2023 as well for which he should be allowed to be criticized.
my memory might be hazy, but during those games my impression was the receivers where the main reason for Loves struggles

heres a comment from a article detailing what I'am talking about, once a person reads into why Love had a low passer rating in some of those games I think it becomes more clear that Loves struggles where a direct result of lack of chemistry with receivers, good read from Sports Illustrated explaining it all.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/you ... percentage

Playing quarterback is hard. It’s even harder when the first read on a play didn’t run his route to the right depth, the second read didn’t make the correct adjustment to the coverage and the third read got knocked off his path by the defender.

GREEN BAY, Wis. – Green Bay Packers quarterbacks coach Tom Clements says Jordan Love is an “accurate” passer.

With the lowest completion percentage in the NFL, there’s no evidence to support that statement. There are reasons, though.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Jordan Love wasn't good during about a fifth of the season. His stats were poor. The offensive production was poor. And we lost as a result.

It wasn't all on Love being the worst player in the league like lupe, wally, budfox and to a lesser extent drj tried to proclaim in late Sept - mid November. (remember when pages were devoted to that interception to Jayden Reed vs MN?)

But it also wasn't just because of the surrounding 10 that yoop is now trying to use revisionist history theory explaining.

Love got better. A LOT better. His growth last year is absolutely insane. I have never seen any other player have a turn around like Jordan Love in such a short period of time. MLF can't stop raving about it and for good reason. Love learned from every one of his mistakes so quickly. There is so much reason to be excited.

I know it's boring. But the answer is almost always in the middle.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
05 Apr 2024 07:19
Jordan Love wasn't good during about a fifth of the season. His stats were poor. The offensive production was poor. And we lost as a result.

It wasn't all on Love being the worst player in the league like lupe, wally, budfox and to a lesser extent drj tried to proclaim in late Sept - mid November. (remember when pages were devoted to that interception to Jayden Reed vs MN?)

But it also wasn't just because of the surrounding 10 that yoop is now trying to use revisionist history theory explaining.

Love got better. A LOT better. His growth last year is absolutely insane. I have never seen any other player have a turn around like Jordan Love in such a short period of time. MLF can't stop raving about it and for good reason. Love learned from every one of his mistakes so quickly. There is so much reason to be excited.

thing is this started with me saying no one should say ( as long as the QB doesn't play like dog do do) my reply that I still stand by is he never really did.

there are doz of articles that point out how the supporting cast failed him, do I need to bring them all?

Love's biggest fail was trying to hard to over come a weak receiver group, he got frustrated and his mechanics declined to not stepping into throws, a result most likely do to racing brain syndrome which translates to thinking to much, add in a free rusher in his face, ouch

look at the Raiders loss, (memory) 2 or 3 completions first half, 1 long to Watson inside the 10 and all Lafleur could mange was 3 pts, why? no one could separate, the game was lost on a under thrown pass from Love to what should have been easy TD to Watson, didn't step into the throw.

things happen for reasons, Love needed more help then he got for the first half of last season, if that had been the case Love would have settled in quicker.

the real turn around was Lafleur using DEquara like a FB picking up the free rushers, blocking improvements, and chemistry building with all the young receivers, thats what all of a sudden turned Love into a better QB.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 07:43
Love's biggest fail was trying to hard to over come a weak receiver group, he got frustrated and his mechanics declined to not stepping into throws, a result most likely do to racing brain syndrome which translates to thinking to much, add in a free rusher in his face, ouch
STOP!! Re-read this. These are your words. You are literally making the argument that everyone is asking you to consider. Yes, the blocking was bad. Yes, the WR's were learning on the job. Yes, LaFleur didn't have a better plan for how to glue everything together.

BUT, Love wasn't good either. You used words like biggest fail, trying too hard, frustrated, mechanics declined, not stepping into throws, racing brain syndrome, thinking too much. A really easy way to say this is Love didn't play well.

This is some chicken and the egg &%$@ here, but as others have said, it takes all 11. Love doesn't deserve all the glory and he certainly doesn't deserve all the blame from this bad stretch, but your very words describe a QB who didn't play well. So what? He got better. The team got better. We are all better off for that. Just accept that some people have a slightly different interpretation or a way of saying the exact same thing you are.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

It is a simple yes or no question. Did Jordan Love himself play poorly in that 4-5 game stretch last year?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:

This. In fact, I think it was not only Jordan Love that improved, but by his improvement, everyone around him improved. Better route running, better blocking, better coaching. So cool how it all came together like that.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
05 Apr 2024 08:15
Yoop wrote:
STOP!! Re-read this. These are your words. You are literally making the argument that everyone is asking you to consider. Yes, the blocking was bad. Yes, the WR's were learning on the job. Yes, LaFleur didn't have a better plan for how to glue everything together.

BUT, Love wasn't good either. You used words like biggest fail, trying too hard, frustrated, mechanics declined, not stepping into throws, racing brain syndrome, thinking too much. A really easy way to say this is Love didn't play well.

This is some chicken and the egg &%$@ here, but as others have said, it takes all 11. Love doesn't deserve all the glory and he certainly doesn't deserve all the blame from this bad stretch, but your very words describe a QB who didn't play well. So what? He got better. The team got better. We are all better off for that. Just accept that some people have a slightly different interpretation or a way of saying the exact same thing you are.
NO THERE NOT

my point has always been that bad supporting cast is the main reason for Love not playing better, that was it, however as usual you and others want me to say that Love was just as much to blame, that I wont do, again Loves issue are a result of situations outside his control.

put Love starting on a team minus the poor blocking, with experienced receivers, and yes Love would still have a adjustment curve, very doubtful it would have amounted to what he went through here.

I investigate reasons for when, how, and why, things happen, stats obviously leave all that out, just go read the SI article or others that don't.

once the supporting cast improved you want me to believe all of a sudden Love did to, come on, you and I both know that's not how this stuff works, once the free rushers got blocked and the line gelled up and the receiver improved Love looked like a completely different player, that didn't just happen over night, it was there from the first game on, to bad the rest of the team was not.

I refuse to agree because I don't agree, simple as that, I know it's so much easier to conform and agree with all of you, again I don't though, so why would I do that, there is absolutely nothing personal about this, I would hope you know that about me, I mean I could say Love was bad at this play or that one, in the over all though, Love was very good, and he would have been right from the start. :aok:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Apr 2024 08:24
It is a simple yes or no question. Did Jordan Love himself play poorly in that 4-5 game stretch last year?
yes

BUT

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 09:05
Pckfn23 wrote:
yes

BUT
There is no "but." His play was either independently poor or it was not.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Never change, yooper. :tiphat:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
05 Apr 2024 08:38
go pak go wrote:

This. In fact, I think it was not only Jordan Love that improved, but by his improvement, everyone around him improved. Better route running, better blocking, better coaching. So cool how it all came together like that.
come on Acrobat, Love's passing doesn't improve route running, doesn't improve pass pro.
A tip you could take advantage of if you now lived in 1887, always put the horses in front of the cart, I swear you'll have a much more harmonious outcome, I promise ya that :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
05 Apr 2024 09:09
Never change, yooper. :tiphat:
I carry a two gun rig Buddy :rotf: it's all good :aok:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
yes

BUT
if you say so

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 09:12
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

yes

BUT
if you say so
I do and it's reality. Let's not go yet another 15 years slavishly absolving yet another QB of any blame or poor play.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
yes

BUT
I'll take this. We know you think there is a "BUT"... that's fine. So do most of us. I am content with you meeting half way on this.

Read More. Post Less.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Yes

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

the real turn around was Lafleur using DEquara like a FB picking up the free rushers, blocking improvements, and chemistry building with all the young receivers, thats what all of a sudden turned Love into a better QB.
I never in my wildest dreams thought the 2024 offseason hot take was LeFluer using DeGuara properly being the reason for the Packers going from a bottom 5 offense to top 5 offense in the league.

:rotf: :rotf:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
05 Apr 2024 10:12
Yoop wrote:

I never in my wildest dreams thought the 2024 offseason hot take was LeFluer using DeGuara properly being the reason for the Packers going from a bottom 5 offense to top 5 offense in the league.

:rotf: :rotf:
Ya... that one was out there.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
05 Apr 2024 09:55
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
yes

BUT
I'll take this. We know you think there is a "BUT"... that's fine. So do most of us. I am content with you meeting half way on this.
thank you, my whole point revolves around Love was not the MAIN reason for the early season failures, he obviously he had some growing pains, all players do.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Apr 2024 09:49
Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 09:12
Pckfn23 wrote:

if you say so
I do and it's reality. Let's not go yet another 15 years slavishly absolving yet another QB of any blame or poor play.
lets not go another 15 years with you acting like a school marm