Jordan Freaking Love

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
05 Apr 2024 10:12
Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 07:43

the real turn around was Lafleur using DEquara like a FB picking up the free rushers, blocking improvements, and chemistry building with all the young receivers, thats what all of a sudden turned Love into a better QB.
I never in my wildest dreams thought the 2024 offseason hot take was LeFluer using DeGuara properly being the reason for the Packers going from a bottom 5 offense to top 5 offense in the league.

:rotf: :rotf:
of course you didn't. :rotf:

obvious since you don't seem to realize the improvement it made

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 10:19
Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Apr 2024 09:49
Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 09:12

if you say so
I do and it's reality. Let's not go yet another 15 years slavishly absolving yet another QB of any blame or poor play.
lets not go another 15 years with you acting like a school marm
Why can you not control yourself? Not even remotely called for.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 10:30
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

the real turn around was Lafleur using DEquara like a FB picking up the free rushers, blocking improvements, and chemistry building with all the young receivers, thats what all of a sudden turned Love into a better QB.
I never in my wildest dreams thought the 2024 offseason hot take was LeFluer using DeGuara properly being the reason for the Packers going from a bottom 5 offense to top 5 offense in the league.

Deguara's snap counts:
image.png
image.png (22.94 KiB) Viewed 268 times
He did not significantly contribute to the improvement you are claiming.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

/Our Guy/

“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I think this is what you actually meant to say

the real turn around was Lafleur NOT using DEquara
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Apr 2024 10:41
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I do and it's reality. Let's not go yet another 15 years slavishly absolving yet another QB of any blame or poor play.
I do, seriously read some of your questions with your responses, there question comparable to what a grade school teacher does, I'am to old to deal with that crap, you insult people when you do it, and you know you do, so just stop.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Apr 2024 10:44
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Deguara's snap counts:
image.png
He did not significantly contribute to the improvement you are claiming.
Get out of here with your stats, facts and figures.

Those who actually watch the games and know football know the real impact of DeGuara. Clearly the Jaguars knows this too.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Or, let's not go another 15 years feeding the troll. You know he relishes these exchanges.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

snap count doesn't tell us a thing about the production when used.

maybe I'am thinking of the LAR's game when his blocking was most notable, other wise ya have to watch the games to see, whatever, once Lafleur got the secondary blocking to pick up the blitzer Love looked more secure, more able to focus from the pocket.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 09:10
Acrobat wrote:
05 Apr 2024 08:38
go pak go wrote:
05 Apr 2024 07:19
Jordan Love wasn't good during about a fifth of the season. His stats were poor. The offensive production was poor. And we lost as a result.

It wasn't all on Love being the worst player in the league like lupe, wally, budfox and to a lesser extent drj tried to proclaim in late Sept - mid November. (remember when pages were devoted to that interception to Jayden Reed vs MN?)

But it also wasn't just because of the surrounding 10 that yoop is now trying to use revisionist history theory explaining.

Love got better. A LOT better. His growth last year is absolutely insane. I have never seen any other player have a turn around like Jordan Love in such a short period of time. MLF can't stop raving about it and for good reason. Love learned from every one of his mistakes so quickly. There is so much reason to be excited.

I know it's boring. But the answer is almost always in the middle.
This. In fact, I think it was not only Jordan Love that improved, but by his improvement, everyone around him improved. Better route running, better blocking, better coaching. So cool how it all came together like that.
come on Acrobat, Love's passing doesn't improve route running, doesn't improve pass pro.
A tip you could take advantage of if you now lived in 1887, always put the horses in front of the cart, I swear you'll have a much more harmonious outcome, I promise ya that :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Have you ever been on a team before? I'm not even talking about football. Could be work, school, sports, choir. Just curious.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 11:01
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I do, seriously read some of your questions with your responses, there question comparable to what a grade school teacher does, I'am to old to deal with that crap, you insult people when you do it, and you know you do, so just stop.
No, I don't insult people when I ask questions. I will not stop asking clarifying questions. You are simply holding a grudge and can't control yourself. You are inventing insults.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Half Empty wrote:
05 Apr 2024 11:06
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Or, let's not go another 15 years feeding the troll. You know he relishes these exchanges.
then leave, your actually the troll, you bring nothing here except your dislike for me, that makes you a TROLL.

I was here when you came, and I'll be here when you leave

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
05 Apr 2024 11:08
Yoop wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
05 Apr 2024 08:38

This. In fact, I think it was not only Jordan Love that improved, but by his improvement, everyone around him improved. Better route running, better blocking, better coaching. So cool how it all came together like that.
come on Acrobat, Love's passing doesn't improve route running, doesn't improve pass pro.
A tip you could take advantage of if you now lived in 1887, always put the horses in front of the cart, I swear you'll have a much more harmonious outcome, I promise ya that :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Have you ever been on a team before? I'm not even talking about football. Could be work, school, sports, choir. Just curious.

yes, why ask such a question, I'am not a robot?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Apr 2024 11:09
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

No, I don't insult people when I ask questions. I will not stop asking clarifying questions. You are simply holding a grudge and can't control yourself. You are inventing insults.
thats a load of BS and you know it, you don't fool anyone, you act like a condescending jerk on purpose, your clarifying questions are your way of putting other members down to raise yourself up, every conversation with you is like a wrestling match.

you think I'am making this up, just ask other members here for a simple honest answer to that?

whatever, you just can't stand that I wont cave to whatever issue your pushing, in this case Jordan Love, or that he wasn't absolutely perfect, blah blah blah.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 11:31
Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Apr 2024 11:09
Yoop wrote:

thats a load of BS and you know it, you don't fool anyone, you act like a condescending jerk on purpose, your clarifying questions are your way of putting other members down to raise yourself up, every conversation with you is like a wrestling match.
No and I have told you this on a dozen occasions. Stop being so insecure and answer the questions so that we know where you actually stand or what you mean. You have the most problems being understood on this forum and yet claim questions to clarify your points is insulting. Grow up.
you think I'am making this up, just ask other members here for a simple honest answer to that?
I can't. Asking them questions would be insulting.
whatever, you just can't stand that I wont cave to whatever issue your pushing, in this case Jordan Love, or that he wasn't absolutely perfect, blah blah blah.
It's never been about caving, it's about your pet topics and you continuing your quest to bring up your pet topics in every thread even though they are false and/or fly in the face of reality. In this case it is absolving QBs of any blame for poor play.

And you NEVER actually read what others write, but instead fabricate what you want to be said so you can further your pet topic. Case in point:

No one expects anyone to be perfect nor has anyone said they should. We aren't arguing that Love had one or 2 plays that were bad. Love was not good for that 4-5 game stretch. That's reality, regardless of anyone else's play or coaching. He got appreciably better as did the team around him.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 05 Apr 2024 11:43, edited 1 time in total.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 11:17
Acrobat wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Well then certainly you understand my point then. When one part of a team starts performing better, the rest of the team dials in more, they concentrate better, they prepare better, they perform better. Because they aren't robots.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
05 Apr 2024 11:41
Yoop wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

Well then certainly you understand my point then. When one part of a team starts performing better, the rest of the team dials in more, they concentrate better, they prepare better, they perform better. Because they aren't robots.
of course I understand that, but again imho Love was ready from game 1 to do and would have done better right then if the blocking and protection was better, and he had more experienced receivers.

over time I have brought 3 or 4 articles that point that out, did you bother to read any of them? seriously they all point this stuff out just as the last article from SI does.

Love was NOT the reason this offense faltered, Love developed some poor tech, became frazzled with pass rush, impatient with poor or wrongly run pass routes, and those where just the main obstacles to his stats not being better, never mind some of the lousy play calling by Lafleur.

why people want to blame Love for the issues of others is beyond my comprehension, obviously I don't see any reason for that.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

What this site needs is a Kumbaya button. Upon several silly argumentative posts in a row the button appears and the 2 posters involved are prevented from posting again until they both press the button (which plays the song) and they sing 2 verses of Kumbaya in unison. Upon which their accounts return to normal.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 12:07
Acrobat wrote:
05 Apr 2024 11:41
Yoop wrote:

of course I understand that, but again imho Love was ready from game 1 to do and would have done better right then if the blocking and protection was better, and he had more experienced receivers.

over time I have brought 3 or 4 articles that point that out, did you bother to read any of them? seriously they all point this stuff out just as the last article from SI does.

Love was NOT the reason this offense faltered, Love developed some poor tech, became frazzled with pass rush, impatient with poor or wrongly run pass routes, and those where just the main obstacles to his stats not being better, never mind some of the lousy play calling by Lafleur.

why people want to blame Love for the issues of others is beyond my comprehension, obviously I don't see any reason for that.
Love was part of the reason for some games, not all of the reason, as several others have solely pointed out. Football is a team sport. Love is part of the team. He did not play well for part of the season. Neither did the rest of the team.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

@Yoop reread your articles, they do not absolve Love of blame, as you claim they do.