Jordan Freaking Love

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
05 Apr 2024 12:11
Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 12:07
Acrobat wrote:
05 Apr 2024 11:41

Well then certainly you understand my point then. When one part of a team starts performing better, the rest of the team dials in more, they concentrate better, they prepare better, they perform better. Because they aren't robots.
of course I understand that, but again imho Love was ready from game 1 to do and would have done better right then if the blocking and protection was better, and he had more experienced receivers.

over time I have brought 3 or 4 articles that point that out, did you bother to read any of them? seriously they all point this stuff out just as the last article from SI does.

Love was NOT the reason this offense faltered, Love developed some poor tech, became frazzled with pass rush, impatient with poor or wrongly run pass routes, and those where just the main obstacles to his stats not being better, never mind some of the lousy play calling by Lafleur.

why people want to blame Love for the issues of others is beyond my comprehension, obviously I don't see any reason for that.
Love was part of the reason for some games, not all of the reason, as several others have solely pointed out. Football is a team sport. Love is part of the team. He did not play well for part of the season. Neither did the rest of the team.
Ahhhhhh

I don't compromise very well at all :lol: , never have really, when I feel I'am right about a thing, I don't budge, I suppose in some ways that's a character flaw :idn:, again Love was not why we didn't have a better start to last season, once the supporting group got it right, Loves chemistry with his receivers improved and we started winning, hardly the fault of Love

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Apr 2024 12:17
@Yoop reread your articles, they do not absolve Love of blame, as you claim they do.
I know what I said, my remarks where never meant to absolve love, rather to explain why he struggled early in the season, again unless your interested in the why of it, we have nothing to talk about

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 12:40
Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Apr 2024 12:17
@Yoop reread your articles, they do not absolve Love of blame, as you claim they do.
I know what I said, my remarks where never meant to absolve love, rather to explain why he struggled early in the season, again unless your interested in the why of it, we have nothing to talk about
I am interested in the why and part of the why is because Jordan Love did not play well.

I'll go back the the question that you answered yes to, but now seem to not believe: Did Jordan Love himself play poorly in that 4-5 game stretch last year? Do you believe Jordan Love, the QB, played poorly for games/halves last season through no fault of anyone else's?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Apr 2024 12:53
Do you believe Jordan Love, the QB, played poorly for games/halves last season through no fault of anyone else's?
actually no I don't, I believe his struggles where brought about by poor play of others, football also requires a favorable state of mind, meaning when what you try fails repeatedly frustration cause a player to take chances, miss opportunities or make poor decisions, so no, I think others where involved for any poor play you saw from Love

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Then you are simply living a fantasy due to hero worship... Going forward please refrain from commenting when others realistically point out when our QB does play poorly. It has happened and it will happen again. It will save us all a lot of headache.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
05 Apr 2024 09:55

I'll take this. We know you think there is a "BUT"... that's fine. So do most of us. I am content with you meeting half way on this.
Halfway didn't last long...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Apr 2024 13:28
Then you are simply living a fantasy due to hero worship... Going forward please refrain from commenting when others realistically point out when our QB does play poorly. It has happened and it will happen again. It will save us all a lot of headache.
the fantasy is that one didn't cause the other, so to simply say he didn't play well discounts what caused it, so no I will not refrain from pointing that out, whats the point of ignoring why stuff happens, or the cause and affect of it?

so rather then just say he played bad, I'd rather understand WHY, obviously you and others don't care about that, me, there is always a snowball affect, last season the protection needed to improve, 2 the receivers needed to separate, improve, you seem to think Love needed to be involved in all that, OK, but I don't, they where the ones holding the progress up, not Love, as you seem to suggest.

everyone has a bad play, I feel insulted that you demand I say it verbatim as though it even comes close to describing anything.

also because you wont listen to logic or a simple explanation of events your the guy who drags out these conversations, don't lay all the blame for that my way

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The why is Love was slow in his reads, was inaccurate due to poor feet, wasn't seeing the field, and got flustered by the pass rush. Some of the offensive struggles were due to the 10 other players. Some of the offensive struggles were due to Jordan Love's play. Some of the offensive struggles were due to coaching.

Jordan Love was playing poorly during that stretch on his own accord as well as the other 10 players playing poorly.

@Yoop you are the only one that is leaving anyone blameless. Everyone else acknowledges that the other 10 and coaching contributed to poor offense and Love's poor play. We ALSO see that Love himself wasn't playing well. You are the ONLY one believing Love himself was not to blame.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 13:07
Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Apr 2024 12:53
Do you believe Jordan Love, the QB, played poorly for games/halves last season through no fault of anyone else's?
actually no I don't, I believe his struggles where brought about by poor play of others, football also requires a favorable state of mind, meaning when what you try fails repeatedly frustration cause a player to take chances, miss opportunities or make poor decisions, so no, I think others where involved for any poor play you saw from Love
I think it's complete opposite. I think Rasheed Walker's struggles were brought about by the poor play of Love of not getting it out in time. football requires a favorable state of mind, meaning when what you try fails repeatedly frustration cause a player to take chances, miss opportunities or make poor decisions, so no, I think others where involved for any poor play you saw from Walker

Once the rest got their poop in a group...Walker became steady.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I just don't understand how anyone can sanely claim any player doesn't have a bad game. Every player has bad games and even bad stretches of games. Even the the 2010 QB had a bad week 5 to 8. The goat had a bad game against the Jets in their undefeated regular season. Every player at every position on every team since the inception of the NFL has had bad games.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

common sense tells us no one is perfect, and yes players have bad games, often due to extenuating circumstances, health and supporting cast are often involved.

maybe I should have explained my point differently, still it's my impression that if we flopped Love over to Houston and brought Stroud here the results would/could have been the same, a more settled situation and Love would have blossomed sooner.

I was one of the few here that predicted double digit win season, I did that because I thought Watson, Doubs and Love would romp right out of the gate, along with Reed, Musgrave, Watts, Kraft and of course Aaron Jones,also figured we'd have Bakhtiari, well the rookies took some time and we lost Watson, Bakhtiari, and Jones right away, which made everything twice as tough for Love, and if some in this forum don't buy that, I feel ya just don't want to, your stuck in some warped frame of mind that Love was the problem.

or actually the only thing you care about is ripping my comments apart

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
06 Apr 2024 07:22
common sense tells us no one is perfect, and yes players have bad games, often due to extenuating circumstances, health and supporting cast are often involved.

maybe I should have explained my point differently, still it's my impression that if we flopped Love over to Houston and brought Stroud here the results would/could have been the same, a more settled situation and Love would have blossomed sooner.

I was one of the few here that predicted double digit win season, I did that because I thought Watson, Doubs and Love would romp right out of the gate, along with Reed, Musgrave, Watts, Kraft and of course Aaron Jones,also figured we'd have Bakhtiari, well the rookies took some time and we lost Watson, Bakhtiari, and Jones right away, which made everything twice as tough for Love, and if some in this forum don't buy that, I feel ya just don't want to, your stuck in some warped frame of mind that Love was the problem.

or actually the only thing you care about is ripping my comments apart
quite literally everyone buys the rest of the team needing to grow with Love was part of the reason of the first half struggles. Everyone.

Where you lose people is your incessant need to use extreme arguments, name calling, emojis, and absolutely ridiculous tangents to put across the point of having all arguments absolve Love in a span of 25 - 35 posts....and then sneak in one post saying "I'm not absolving Love"

Though you say aren't absolving Love...you are absolutely absolving Love. Just like you did for Rodgers. Just like you did Favre. Quarterbacks in your mind bare zero responsibility. You will go to the end of the earth to explain every other variable of why the QB didn't play well. It is absolutely absurd and hero worship. Jordan Love wouldn't agree with your assessment at all. Jordan Love would say he played better as the season went along. Learned from his mistakes and kept growing and grinding with his team.

Quarterback play is not a fixed constant. I assure you Jordan Love had more to do with Jordan Love's turn around than Josiah DeGuara being used differently in his 3 snaps per game.

And this is coming from an original Love defender and supporter.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
common sense tells us no one is perfect,
Then why not allow people to point out the imperfections without emotional trigger and feel the need to set ablaze/bash the rest of the team to defend your guy?

Because that is how it comes across. I mean just reading your posts you REALLY don't like our Olilne, wide receivers, tight ends, coaches, etc. unless they do in fact play/coach to perfection.
Yoop wrote:

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

AmishMafia wrote:
05 Apr 2024 12:10
What this site needs is a Kumbaya button. Upon several silly argumentative posts in a row the button appears and the 2 posters involved are prevented from posting again until they both press the button (which plays the song) and they sing 2 verses of Kumbaya in unison. Upon which their accounts return to normal.
Or, more seriously, when it's almost exclusively two locked in written combat, going to private messages.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Stroud was in a much worse situation than Love. He was succeeding even as his makeshift OL was allowing pressure in his face all game. Stroud's QB play was so good it was covering up lots of issues. Love did not similarly cover up the issues of his cast, in large part because his own individual play was not good to that level.

I don't expect that out if a first year starter at QB, but elite vet QBs and rare young studs like Stroud show that QB play *can* be high enough to largely overcome those issues. Love did not. That's fine, most QBs don't in Year 1, so pointing it out is not an attack, just that our hope us for him to rise to that level. He did go on to play that well in several games last season, and he was given his flowers by all of us.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
06 Apr 2024 09:22
Stroud was in a much worse situation than Love. He was succeeding even as his makeshift OL was allowing pressure in his face all game. Stroud's QB play was so good it was covering up lots of issues. Love did not similarly cover up the issues of his cast, in large part because his own individual play was not good to that level.

I don't expect that out if a first year starter at QB, but elite vet QBs and rare young studs like Stroud show that QB play *can* be high enough to largely overcome those issues. Love did not. That's fine, most QBs don't in Year 1, so pointing it out is not an attack, just that our hope us for him to rise to that level. He did go on to play that well in several games last season, and he was given his flowers by all of us.
not according to this, Stroud was set up well with experienced receivers and had the most expensive LT in the league, and a defense that kept him on the field, plus a coaching staff that designed schemes for him to win, we didn't/couldn't because our receivers struggled to even run simplistic routes, Lafleur was hog tied do to there lack of experience.

https://deadspin.com/houston-texans-set ... 1851015780

Love was sooo much better then any of you give him credit for right from day one, pass pro issues, receiver issues and lousy defense held LOve back and actually led to poor tech, poor decision making, it took him longer to settle in as a result of that, stuff out of his control.

these are my opinions, your all welcome to yours

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
06 Apr 2024 08:39
Yoop wrote:
Then why not allow people to point out the imperfections without emotional trigger and feel the need to set ablaze/bash the rest of the team to defend your guy?

Because that is how it comes across. I mean just reading your posts you REALLY don't like our Olilne, wide receivers, tight ends, coaches, etc. unless they do in fact play/coach to perfection.
come on, your the people that wont allow my opinions, your the people that take anything I say to extreme black or white answers, you make no quarter for reasons why a play went bad, the only thing that matters to you is what goes down on a stat sheet, and to me that hardly describes a damn thing.

I defend the QB's because you and others don't, right away they are at fault when a receiver botches up a route, when a rusher sacks them, or (and this is so common) when a pass appears OFF target, the why never matters to some of you, such as when a receiver is wide freaking open and the QB doesn't see him, as though he should see every receiver as soon as they separate, doesn't matter that he was locked onto another who was deeper and appearing to clear, it's still just his fault. and thats BS

as to the last part, it doesn't deserve a response so I wont give one

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
06 Apr 2024 10:40
Labrev wrote:

not according to this, Stroud was set up well with experienced receivers and had the most expensive LT in the league, and a defense that kept him on the field, plus a coaching staff that designed schemes for him to win, we didn't/couldn't because our receivers struggled to even run simplistic routes, Lafleur was hog tied do to there lack of experience.

Love was sooo much better then any of you give him credit for right from day one, pass pro issues, receiver issues and lousy defense held LOve back and actually led to poor tech, poor decision making, it took him longer to settle in as a result of that, stuff out of his control.

You clearly were not watching. Stroud's OL was decimated by injuries and trotted out third-stringers up front, and he had a rookie D-minded coach at the helm. Those "experienced" receivers were all JAGs you would have decried if they played here like Sammy Watkins, his only real WR weapon was rookie wideout Tank Dell. Stroud struggled at the end of the year because Dell was IR'd so he lost his only weapon (funny, didn't need all his WRs to be studs to play well).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
06 Apr 2024 10:58
Yoop wrote:
06 Apr 2024 10:40
Labrev wrote:

You clearly were not watching. Stroud's OL was decimated by injuries and trotted out third-stringers up front, and he had a rookie D-minded coach at the helm. Those "experienced" receivers were all JAGs you would have decried if they played here like Sammy Watkins, his only real WR weapon was rookie wideout Tank Dell. Stroud struggled at the end of the year because Dell was IR'd so he lost his only weapon (funny, didn't need all his WRs to be studs to play well).
your not playing with a full deck, again :nono: Tank Dell?????

receivers
Nico Collins= 1297 yrds
Tank Dell = 709 yrds
Shultz = 635 yrds
Brown = 567 yrds

thats there top 4, there offense ranked 13th in league, and that first year DC coached Houston to rank 11th in league.
my point is if that Houston OL was full of 3rd stringers it sure didn't play like it, there top two RB's had 1400 yrds.

all this to say Stroud was obviously rock and roll ready, still imo so was the 3rd year Love, and we saw it as soon as his supporting cast showed up :)

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
06 Apr 2024 10:52
go pak go wrote:
06 Apr 2024 08:39
Yoop wrote:

come on, your the people that wont allow my opinions, your the people that take anything I say to extreme black or white answers, you make no quarter for reasons why a play went bad, the only thing that matters to you is what goes down on a stat sheet, and to me that hardly describes a damn thing.

I defend the QB's because you and others don't, right away they are at fault when a receiver botches up a route, when a rusher sacks them, or (and this is so common) when a pass appears OFF target, the why never matters to some of you, such as when a receiver is wide freaking open and the QB doesn't see him, as though he should see every receiver as soon as they separate, doesn't matter that he was locked onto another who was deeper and appearing to clear, it's still just his fault. and thats BS

as to the last part, it doesn't deserve a response so I wont give one
None of what you said is true. Please actually read and internalize the below:

We allow your opinion, just don't need to hear it EVERYTIME we point out a QB could have played better or played poorly.
We don't take what you say to the extreme, you actually say the extreme, ie... you actually said you do not believe Love had bad games/halves.
We absolutely delve into all the reasons a play went bad, including the QB. You are the only one that excuses the QB.
We definitely do not only care about the stat sheet. We have brought many examples of the QBs poor play that are not shown on a stat sheet.

We defend all players when all players are worthy of defending, but we are not blind to the fact that all players have bad games.
When a WR messes up a route, it is the receivers fault, not the QBs fault. No one has ever said otherwise.
Sometimes a sack is on the QB. Most of the time it is the line or TE or RB or even coach. No one has ever said otherwise.
When a pass is off target it can be a number of things from the route to the pressure to the QB simply being inaccurate. No one has said otherwise except you seem to believe in is never on the QB.
The why has always mattered to us. You however will not accept that the why may be that the QB wasn't good.
No one has every said that a QB should see every receiver at all times. There are times a QB should go through their progressions and see an open receiver, but instead they lock onto a certain receiver and don't make it through their progression or misread a defense and miss the open man. It happens to ALL QBs.