Jordan Freaking Love

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
06 Apr 2024 12:17

my point is if that Houston OL was full of 3rd stringers it sure didn't play like it, there top two RB's had 1400 yrds.
That's actually not good. 1,400 yards from your top two backs almost always gaurantees a bottom 10 NFL rushing offense.

EDIT: Yup. Houston overall was 23rd in rushing with 1,647 yards.

What does a top 10 rushing offense look like? You need to be above 2,000 yards.

The Packers would have been a top 10 rushing team in 2023 had Aaron Jones been healthy.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Apr 2024 12:31
Yoop wrote:
06 Apr 2024 10:52
go pak go wrote:
06 Apr 2024 08:39

Then why not allow people to point out the imperfections without emotional trigger and feel the need to set ablaze/bash the rest of the team to defend your guy?

Because that is how it comes across. I mean just reading your posts you REALLY don't like our Olilne, wide receivers, tight ends, coaches, etc. unless they do in fact play/coach to perfection.
come on, your the people that wont allow my opinions, your the people that take anything I say to extreme black or white answers, you make no quarter for reasons why a play went bad, the only thing that matters to you is what goes down on a stat sheet, and to me that hardly describes a damn thing.

I defend the QB's because you and others don't, right away they are at fault when a receiver botches up a route, when a rusher sacks them, or (and this is so common) when a pass appears OFF target, the why never matters to some of you, such as when a receiver is wide freaking open and the QB doesn't see him, as though he should see every receiver as soon as they separate, doesn't matter that he was locked onto another who was deeper and appearing to clear, it's still just his fault. and thats BS

as to the last part, it doesn't deserve a response so I wont give one
None of what you said is true. Please actually read and internalize the below:

We allow your opinion, just don't need to hear it EVERYTIME we point out a QB could have played better or played poorly.
We don't take what you say to the extreme, you actually say the extreme, ie... you actually said you do not believe Love had bad games/halves.
We absolutely delve into all the reasons a play went bad, including the QB. You are the only one that excuses the QB.
We definitely do not only care about the stat sheet. We have brought many examples of the QBs poor play that are not shown on a stat sheet.

We defend all players when all players are worthy of defending, but we are not blind to the fact that all players have bad games.
When a WR messes up a route, it is the receivers fault, not the QBs fault. No one has ever said otherwise.
Sometimes a sack is on the QB. Most of the time it is the line or TE or RB or even coach. No one has ever said otherwise.
When a pass is off target it can be a number of things from the route to the pressure to the QB simply being inaccurate. No one has said otherwise except you seem to believe in is never on the QB.
The why has always mattered to us. You however will not accept that the why may be that the QB wasn't good.
No one has every said that a QB should see every receiver at all times. There are times a QB should go through their progressions and see an open receiver, but instead they lock onto a certain receiver and don't make it through their progression or misread a defense and miss the open man. It happens to ALL QBs.
All this is true, but the fact is that Love is already a damn good QB and Rodgers was until Father Time kicked his ass. Love and in fact the entire offense exceeded reasonable expectations but there is plenty of room for improvement this season especially if Watson stays healthy.

I am really happy with the offseason so far. But some people are never happy

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
07 Apr 2024 08:43
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Apr 2024 12:31
Yoop wrote:
06 Apr 2024 10:52

come on, your the people that wont allow my opinions, your the people that take anything I say to extreme black or white answers, you make no quarter for reasons why a play went bad, the only thing that matters to you is what goes down on a stat sheet, and to me that hardly describes a damn thing.

I defend the QB's because you and others don't, right away they are at fault when a receiver botches up a route, when a rusher sacks them, or (and this is so common) when a pass appears OFF target, the why never matters to some of you, such as when a receiver is wide freaking open and the QB doesn't see him, as though he should see every receiver as soon as they separate, doesn't matter that he was locked onto another who was deeper and appearing to clear, it's still just his fault. and thats BS

as to the last part, it doesn't deserve a response so I wont give one
None of what you said is true. Please actually read and internalize the below:

We allow your opinion, just don't need to hear it EVERYTIME we point out a QB could have played better or played poorly.
We don't take what you say to the extreme, you actually say the extreme, ie... you actually said you do not believe Love had bad games/halves.
We absolutely delve into all the reasons a play went bad, including the QB. You are the only one that excuses the QB.
We definitely do not only care about the stat sheet. We have brought many examples of the QBs poor play that are not shown on a stat sheet.

We defend all players when all players are worthy of defending, but we are not blind to the fact that all players have bad games.
When a WR messes up a route, it is the receivers fault, not the QBs fault. No one has ever said otherwise.
Sometimes a sack is on the QB. Most of the time it is the line or TE or RB or even coach. No one has ever said otherwise.
When a pass is off target it can be a number of things from the route to the pressure to the QB simply being inaccurate. No one has said otherwise except you seem to believe in is never on the QB.
The why has always mattered to us. You however will not accept that the why may be that the QB wasn't good.
No one has every said that a QB should see every receiver at all times. There are times a QB should go through their progressions and see an open receiver, but instead they lock onto a certain receiver and don't make it through their progression or misread a defense and miss the open man. It happens to ALL QBs.
All this is true, but the fact is that Love is already a damn good QB and Rodgers was until Father Time kicked his ass. Love and in fact the entire offense exceeded reasonable expectations but there is plenty of room for improvement this season especially if Watson stays healthy.

I am really happy with the offseason so far. But some people are never happy
who are the un happy people in this forum that are never happy Skeptic? lets not confuse disagreements with unhappiness.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 07:02
the real turn around was Lafleur using DEquara like a FB picking up the free rushers, blocking improvements, and chemistry building with all the young receivers, thats what all of a sudden turned Love into a better QB.
As others have pointed out, Deguara had nothing to do with Love and the offense performing at a better level. He hardly played in the second half of the season anyway.
Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 11:07
snap count doesn't tell us a thing about the production when used.

maybe I'am thinking of the LAR's game when his blocking was most notable, other wise ya have to watch the games to see, whatever, once Lafleur got the secondary blocking to pick up the blitzer Love looked more secure, more able to focus from the pocket.
Deguara was used as a pass blocker a total of only 15 times last season. He didn't have any impact on the offense improving because of it.
Yoop wrote:
06 Apr 2024 10:40
not according to this, Stroud was set up well with experienced receivers and had the most expensive LT in the league, and a defense that kept him on the field, plus a coaching staff that designed schemes for him to win, we didn't/couldn't because our receivers struggled to even run simplistic routes, Lafleur was hog tied do to there lack of experience.

https://deadspin.com/houston-texans-set ... 1851015780

Love was sooo much better then any of you give him credit for right from day one, pass pro issues, receiver issues and lousy defense held LOve back and actually led to poor tech, poor decision making, it took him longer to settle in as a result of that, stuff out of his control.

these are my opinions, your all welcome to yours
Yoop wrote:
06 Apr 2024 12:17
your not playing with a full deck, again :nono: Tank Dell?????

receivers
Nico Collins= 1297 yrds
Tank Dell = 709 yrds
Shultz = 635 yrds
Brown = 567 yrds

thats there top 4, there offense ranked 13th in league, and that first year DC coached Houston to rank 11th in league.
Collins and Brown significantly improved with Stroud throwing them the ball compared to their previous seasons in the NFL. Dell was impressive for a third round pick in his rookie campaign. The Texans didn't enter the season with a better situation at wide receiver than the Packers did though.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
Love was sooo much better then any of you give him credit for right from day one, pass pro issues, receiver issues and lousy defense held Love back and actually led to poor tech, poor decision making, it took him longer to settle in as a result of that, stuff out of his control.
If you want to say he started off hot and then regressed when everything kind of crashed down around him, that would actually be kind of supported by facts. You just can't ignore this 4 game stretch and say he had no fault in it. 7 of his INT's on the year. He had 1 pick during our 6-2 finish to the season. His stats against Atlanta and New Orleans are worse than I remembered, but you can literally see the switch flip with that LA game.

image.png
image.png (66.58 KiB) Viewed 352 times

Read More. Post Less.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

NCF wrote:
08 Apr 2024 13:29
Yoop wrote:
Love was sooo much better then any of you give him credit for right from day one, pass pro issues, receiver issues and lousy defense held Love back and actually led to poor tech, poor decision making, it took him longer to settle in as a result of that, stuff out of his control.
If you want to say he started off hot and then regressed when everything kind of crashed down around him, that would actually be kind of supported by facts. You just can't ignore this 4 game stretch and say he had no fault in it. 7 of his INT's on the year. He had 1 pick during our 6-2 finish to the season. His stats against Atlanta and New Orleans are worse than I remembered, but you can literally see the switch flip with that LA game.

image.png
There is plenty of legit reasons why he was bad the first half of the season but the results are in fact stunning when looking at it from a very simplistic perspective.

IF my math is correct. His average QBR (per game) was around 46 the first 8 games and 73 the final 9. Thats huge to me. Thats why we were kicking ass going into the playoffs.
Obviosly some of it was him and obviously some not, as we all saw receivers running jacked up routes all the time early in the year, and pass protection breakdowns.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

He was bad vs. DET, @OAK and @NYG but the first two were terrible gameplans by MLF that allowed Hutch and Crosby to wreck the game, and NY was the wind messing up his throws, so I don't blame him too much for them.

He had a bad Q4 against SanFran, though. Gotta be better if you want to bring home the Lombardi.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Another simplistic correlation on my part is the first 8 games the team was 3-5 and the last 9 games 6-3, regular season of course.

Totally agree with you on the 2nd half of the niners game. It hurt to see him not play his best. But, ultimately it sucked because he had raised his level of play to high expectations. I think the majority of Packer fans expect Jordon Love to be a top 10 QB this season
both statistically and eye test or whatever. They should! :clap: :aok:

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

NCF wrote:

image.png
Love struggled the week following the Rams game against the Steelers as well but played lights out from there on until the fourth quarter against the Niners.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Labrev wrote:
08 Apr 2024 20:19
He was bad vs. DET, @OAK and @NYG but the first two were terrible gameplans by MLF that allowed Hutch and Crosby to wreck the game, and NY was the wind messing up his throws, so I don't blame him too much for them.

He had a bad Q4 against SanFran, though. Gotta be better if you want to bring home the Lombardi.
Yep, I'm not so worried about the bad stretch during the regular season. Every QB had some bad games, and of course he was part of a bad team during that stretch as well.

I'm more concerned about the last quarter against SF. He went from looking pretty damn good against a tough defense to who we saw during that stretch. I think that kind of stuff can be fixed though with experience alone. Love seems like he loves to learn, so there's really no other way to look at his overall portfolio last year as a positive. I think we all went in thinking we wouldn't make the playoffs but just hoped Love showed enough to give us hope, and he more than exceeded those expectations.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

CWIMM wrote:
09 Apr 2024 04:31
NCF wrote:

image.png
Love struggled the week following the Rams game against the Steelers as well but played lights out from there on until the fourth quarter against the Niners.
Nah, I don't think he did struggle against the Steelers. His stats don't look good, but the tape told a different story. He was put in a hole by the defense and threw one bad 4th quarter pass that he would love to have back. The second INT was on the last play of the game from the PIT 16, so what are you going to do? The INT, earlier, intended for Watson was on 2nd down. Can't do that. Of course, both of those potential game winning drives in the 4th quarter might have gone differently if Carlson had not missed another XP and we would have been down only 3 and could have settled for a game tying FG in either instance.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
09 Apr 2024 08:57
CWIMM wrote:
09 Apr 2024 04:31
NCF wrote:

image.png
Nah, I don't think he did struggle against the Steelers. His stats don't look good, but the tape told a different story. He was put in a hole by the defense and threw one bad 4th quarter pass that he would love to have back. The second INT was on the last play of the game from the PIT 16, so what are you going to do? The INT, earlier, intended for Watson was on 2nd down. Can't do that. Of course, both of those potential game winning drives in the 4th quarter might have gone differently if Carlson had not missed another XP and we would have been down only 3 and could have settled for a game tying FG in either instance.
Yup. The Steelers was the first game, outside of Week 1, where I thought we legitiately had something with Jordan Love. Love looked comfortable. He just slinged it and you could see stuff to build off of. Between the Falcons - Steelers game you could tell he wasn't comfortable yet.

The Falcons had spurts but being there live you definitely got the feeling he had 2 or3 plays roll his way but felt uncomfortable beyond that.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

My $0.02

Thought Love played okay during the middle of the season. During this time the OLine played poorly. The receivers played poorly. Although Love wasn't playing well, I thought the overall offensive effectiveness was more due to other factors.

When Love started clicking, the OL and the receivers were playing very well.

Not sure if one fired up the other, seemed they all came around at the same time.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Jordan Love brought the juice.

One thing I noticed is when Love got a run for a first down...it seemed to motivate him and pump him up. He needed those early in the season because his arm wasn't consistent enough to evelate. So his legs did it instead. Then he started slingin it vs Pittsburgh. Less thinking. More slinging.

And that is when everything turned around. I was pretty jacked after that Steelers game.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Love had it going right from the get go, then the supporting cast led to some of his problems, he looked like he had aints in his pants, frustration of receivers not getting open, inconsistent blocking, he starting forcing the ball, making some poor decisions, all signs of a rattled QB, then the supporting cast improved, Love settle in and we saw who he was again when the season started, better do to more time in the saddle..I predicted a 12 win season based on the Love I saw in PS games, in limited duty he had 109 rating and 63 % completion ratio, give Love a better supporting cast early and we'd had never seen a mid season slump

did Love play poorly at times, sure, but it was exaggerated do to issues out of his control, just admit it, some of U's guys just hate QB's :rotf: :rotf:

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Yoop wrote:
09 Apr 2024 15:43
Love had it going right from the get go, then the supporting cast led to some of his problems, he looked like he had aints in his pants, frustration of receivers not getting open, inconsistent blocking, he starting forcing the ball, making some poor decisions, all signs of a rattled QB, then the supporting cast improved, Love settle in and we saw who he was again when the season started, better do to more time in the saddle..I predicted a 12 win season based on the Love I saw in PS games, in limited duty he had 109 rating and 63 % completion ratio, give Love a better supporting cast early and we'd had never seen a mid season slump

did Love play poorly at times, sure, but it was exaggerated do to issues out of his control, just admit it, some of U's guys just hate QB's :rotf: :rotf:
Why don't you make this your signature, then you wouldn't have to keep saying the same thing over and over.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
09 Apr 2024 15:43

No one on this forum has ever said otherwise. :rotf: :rotf:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

NCF wrote:
Love only completed half of his passes vs. the Steelers and had some bad throws in that game as well. He completely turned it around starting the following week though.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

CWIMM wrote:
10 Apr 2024 04:05
NCF wrote:
Love only completed half of his passes vs. the Steelers and had some bad throws in that game as well. He completely turned it around starting the following week though.
I was at that Steelers game.

You could see Jordan was a different player that game. He made some incredible throws that went for both big gains and incompletions. The simple stat line doesn't tell the story. That is the game, in my mind, when things started to click for Jordan Love and the entire offense.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

All the bad throws @PIT were to Christian Watson. He stunk.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto