Here's Johnny!! Week 18

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Here's Johnny!! Week 18

Post by salmar80 »

Santa came for an encore on New Years' and went "Bo Bo Bo"!!! Many deserving candidates, but Pckfn23's pick of Melton was just too good. Congrats!

Next up: Win and in vs the Bears, who still suck.

2023 Leaderboard:

AmishMafia :box: :box:
Labrev :box: :box:
lulu :box: :box:

APB: :box:
lupedafiasco :box:
packfntk :box:
packman114 - :box:
paco :box:
Pckfn23 :box:
pugger :box:
RingoCStarrQB :box:
salmar80 :box:
yoop :box:

Here's Johnny is a season-long contest with the idea being to pick the Packer who overachieves the most in the week's game. Rules below:
Papa John wrote:
Ok Ok, so it has been a convenient catch phrase for me over the past 30 some odd years. But besides that, it has inspired me to create a week-by-week segment that will involve picking 1 Packers player that will really stand out in a good way; someone who we can expect to transform into a beast, force himself through the metaphorical door jam and really rear his ugly head. You can pick anyone you wish, but just remember the bolder the pick, the better (ie, picking AR is a safe choice, but you're only likely to win if he does something historic).

Which brings me to my next topics - rules and voting:

- Each participant is allowed to pick 1 player per week. (See Amendment I)
- No two participants may pick the same player.
- Picks can be made from the time the weekly thread is posted until kickoff. Any picks made after kickoff will not be considered.
-- Amendment I:
a] If a player wishes, he/she may select the offensive line as their pick for the week. Your potential for votes depends on the performance of the entire group as a cohesive unit.
b] Individual players within the offensive line unit will still be eligible for selection before and after "offensive line" has been picked. (i.e. if someone has already chosen the Oline, Lane Taylor would remain an eligible pick)
c] The offensive line will be the only position group eligible to be picked and receive votes

- After each game, participants can place their votes for the one poster who they felt had the best pick.
- Voting session commences at the conclusion of the game and will end around mid-week.
- Each participant is allowed 1 vote per week.
- Only participants may vote and no participant may vote for him/herself.

The poster with the most votes at the time polls close (around midweek) will be that week's winner.
The poster who has won the most weeks at the end of the season will get a custom made banner for bragging rights and perhaps some additional prize (TBD).

Why am I doing this you ask?
Simple answer, really- all work and no play make Papa Johnny a dull boy. :twisted:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Here's Johnny will continue into the playoffs, but just in case (thanks [mention]Papa John[/mention] =:
- In the event that multiple contestants are tied for the most number of Here's Johnny wins at the conclusion of the season, there will be an additional round of voting. Each contestant in question will present his body of work to the people for their consideration. For example, say 2 contestants are tied at the end of the season with 3 wins apiece.

Each contestant will list each of his/her wins (Name of Player vs. Name of Opposing Team, and Week)- example (Offensive Line vs. 49ers, Week 12), and will make the pitch to the people as to why their body of work is most deserving of a Here's Johnny Championship. Contestants are free to post highlights, statistics, analysis- anything to sell the people on their body of work.

The people will then vote for the contestant whose body of work they believe best meets the Here's Johnny criteria, as a whole. We repeat this process for as many rounds as is necessary to determine a winner.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Watson

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Jaire
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

CB Jaire Alexander the Great

EDIT: You fantastic bastard [mention]Pckfn23[/mention]....

I guess TE Tucker Kraft.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Quay Walker
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

salmar80 wrote:
05 Jan 2024 09:23
CB Jaire Alexander the Great
Too slow you shivering Finn! ;)
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I usually avoid our star players, but I have a strong feeling that Aaron Jones is going to terrorize the Bares D.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

OL

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Romeo Doubs
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

flapackfan
Reactions:

Post by flapackfan »

#11 going Bear Hunting!

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Musgrave makes his triumphant return...

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Nixon
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Kenny Clark
RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Emanuel Wilson
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

packman114