Wild Card Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Wild Card Games

Post by BF004 »

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Tough to be a south Florida team at zero degrees. ))

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Just another day in paradise. It was 5 degrees Fahrenheit the day the Niners humiliated us Packers fans at Lambeau Field. Another reason why #12 should not be retired.

GO PACK GO!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
10 Jan 2024 08:20
Just another day in paradise. It was 5 degrees Fahrenheit the day the Niners humiliated us Packers fans at Lambeau Field. Another reason why #12 should not be retired.

GO PACK GO!

It is true. I remember seeing Rodgers just before the game started, and it was clear he did not want to be there. My heart sank. Then he proved me to be correct. Its not just that he did not play well, it is that he was not being a leader. His attitude infected the whole team.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

TBH I've never gotten overly excited about the Packers gaining home field advantage for playoff games. The Packers offense has been, for decades now, a pass reliant offense (for the most part). Sure, we've had moments with Ryan Grant, Ahman Green, Eddie Lacy and Aaron Jones running the ball but for the most part it's the passing game that makes this offense go. I believe the Packers would have had better success against SF, Tampa, and an assortment of other opponents throughout the years had they played games at warmer/indoor venue despite being in enemy territory. Going on the road with this style offense does not bother me in the least.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
11 Jan 2024 10:44
TBH I've never gotten overly excited about the Packers gaining home field advantage for playoff games. The Packers offense has been, for decades now, a pass reliant offense (for the most part). Sure, we've had moments with Ryan Grant, Ahman Green, Eddie Lacy and Aaron Jones running the ball but for the most part it's the passing game that makes this offense go. I believe the Packers would have had better success against SF, Tampa, and an assortment of other opponents throughout the years had they played games at warmer/indoor venue despite being in enemy territory. Going on the road with this style offense does not bother me in the least.
Is funny though, the one time we actually broke through, was an outdoor cold, poor weather game.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
11 Jan 2024 12:58
APB wrote:
11 Jan 2024 10:44
Is funny though, the one time we actually broke through, was an outdoor cold, poor weather game.
innovation of air ball, we adapted, we persevered, just not at home :lol: cold weather venues are suited for running the ball and having stingy defenses, Lambeau was best suited for small ball, slug fest football, baseball type scoring, specially so in late season games.

we probably hold a advantage in these late season games having HOF type QB's, as long as he has a few very good receivers, our issues I think for our at home recent losses imo have to do with over all team mistakes and some abnormal poor play from players.

small ball may have a advantage at a place like Lambeau, however, only if it sustains a lead, other wise it sucks as a catch up plan :idn:

nothing more exciting then watching a gun slinger blow away a few cowboys :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Tougher, more physical team wins in the extreme cold. That was never us during the finesse Rodgers years.

Rodgers was a fake tough guy, no room for fake in the snow.

To be determined how we will fair under Love. Could go better.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

When they know, they know…

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

BF004 wrote:
13 Jan 2024 07:17
I'm with the guy in the video. First I had to figure out Amazon Prime, now WTF is Peacock? And why the $%@# does it get exclusivity on an NFL playoff game? I've got your peacock right here, NFL.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Get a VPN and use NFLbite fellas.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Jan 2024 08:28
Tougher, more physical team wins in the extreme cold. That was never us during the finesse Rodgers years.

Don't really disagree with your first sentence, but I'm not really on board with the Rodgers criticism.

Most people thought Favre was a tough guy, and I remember his last cold game at Lambeau. Not a shot at Favre but more a sticking up for Rodgers not being tough. If your an NFL QB and have taken shots like I have seen them guys take (Rodgers take), your tough enough in my book.

Rodgers and the Packers won their share of COLD games

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

MY_TAKE wrote:
13 Jan 2024 09:59
Drj820 wrote:
13 Jan 2024 08:28

Don't really disagree with your first sentence, but I'm not really on board with the Rodgers criticism.

Most people thought Favre was a tough guy, and I remember his last cold game at Lambeau. Not a shot at Favre but more a sticking up for Rodgers not being tough. If your an NFL QB and have taken shots like I have seen them guys take (Rodgers take), your tough enough in my book.

Rodgers and the Packers won their share of COLD games
Second sentence was def a little strong!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Papa John wrote:
13 Jan 2024 09:53
BF004 wrote:
13 Jan 2024 07:17
I'm with the guy in the video. First I had to figure out Amazon Prime, now WTF is Peacock? And why the $%@# does it get exclusivity on an NFL playoff game? I've got your peacock right here, NFL.
NBC paid NFL $110 million to have this game be only on Peacock. NBC obviously hoping that millions of NFL fans subscribe just to see the game.

I subscribed, but not for the game specifically. I let my previous subscription expire, and missed their Thanksgiving promo for $1.99/mo. for a year. Right now the promo is $29.99/yr (first time running one since then), so a little more but still acceptable. There are some other shows and movies on there I got it for.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

I see Tua being a player whose effectiveness will be disproportionately affected by extreme cold weather. He just doesn't have great arm strength and has a history of struggling in the cold. Dolphins are 0-10 in their last 10 games where the kickoff temp was under 40 degrees.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Jan 2024 09:56
Get a VPN and use NFLbite fellas.
We are talking about dads here, doubt he could spell vpn.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I am actually looking forward to the browns vs texans
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I won’t be downloading peacock on principle. If everyone gets it, the next streaming site will just try to do the same thing next year. F em.