Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

Post by wallyuwl »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

wallyuwl wrote:
21 Jan 2024 14:32
In other reports, the sky is blue and Santa is on vacation. Do they have nothing else to write?
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Right where I am at.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Great point.

Stable franchise, HC going nowhere anytime soon, loyal to a fault to coordinators, got a franchise QB and a good to great offense.

I can not think of a more attractive DC opening right now.

Should we decide to open it up. Had hope for Belichick, but he wants an HC job.

Evero if he doesn’t get the he HC job in Carolina, doesn’t seem likely to get one as of now. He would be extremely exciting.

And with the new rules. We hire him and he gets an HC job; we get the minority 3rd round comp pick thing, I believe.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Downside: MLF is a control freak and will intervene if he does not like how you are calling the defense.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
22 Jan 2024 12:14
Downside: MLF is a control freak and will intervene if he does not like how you are calling the defense.
Yeah my guess is that was WAY overblown by fans wanting to hold onto something. Barry and MLF seem to have a very good relationship. I can't imagine there is much bad talk about MLF in the inner coaching circles.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go wrote:
22 Jan 2024 12:15
Labrev wrote:
Yeah my guess is that was WAY overblown by fans wanting to hold onto something. Barry and MLF seem to have a very good relationship. I can't imagine there is much bad talk about MLF in the inner coaching circles.
MLF having a good relationship with Barry and being well-respected in NFL circles does not contradict that he wants input into the defensive strategy.
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
downside?? we can thank our lucky stars for that, or we can blame him, I havn't decided yet :rotf:

I think most prospective DC know if they falter the HC will want to know why or offer advice concerning fixes, isn't that the way it should be? :idn:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
22 Jan 2024 12:50
I think most prospective DC know if they falter the HC will want to know why or offer advice concerning fixes, isn't that the way it should be? :idn:
I think the -good- DCs don't want an O-minded HC telling them how to do their job, and want to go somewhere where they will have autonomy to run their unit as they see fit, whereas mediocrities like Joe Barry will be willing to take that job because they have no other real chance at a D-Coord gig.
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
22 Jan 2024 12:58
Yoop wrote:
22 Jan 2024 12:50
I think the -good- DCs don't want an O-minded HC telling them how to do their job, and want to go somewhere where they will have autonomy to run their unit as they see fit, whereas mediocrities like Joe Barry will be willing to take that job because they have no other real chance at a D-Coord gig.
personally I think good coaches are always open to constructive criticism, always willing to hear alternative ways to win, I think that goes for guys like Martindale, Belichick, Carroll, what they don't want or like is some HC telling them there schemes don't work without any constructive advise.

I agree most coaches I/we seem interested in would want carte blanc bringing in there schemes and assistant coaches, which I do believe was given Barry when he was hired, imo Barry failed, not Lafleur, except just keeping him on another year or not firing him mid season.

why would you think a offensive minded coach wouldn't have qualified input about defense? or a good DC wouldn't have a open mind to hear it? I think both OC and DC work together often scheming up game plans.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
22 Jan 2024 12:26
I know a lot of folks are ready to move on from this player but you have to admire how he feels about GB. :packers:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
As he should.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

For those that weren't clear on the situation (like me).
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’m ready

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
22 Jan 2024 13:53
I don't know why but I just have this gut feeling he isn't moving on from Barry. Woman's intuition? :?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
22 Jan 2024 13:53
wha????? I remember a member of this forum ( I think it's this one, cause it's the only forum I'am a member of :lol: ) explicably saying Barry only had a 3 yr contract, oh man, this kinda news is sooo depressing, we run a tight budget here, now we'll probably have to keep him :bigcry:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
22 Jan 2024 13:46
paco wrote:
22 Jan 2024 12:26
I know a lot of folks are ready to move on from this player but you have to admire how he feels about GB. :packers:
Big Green G, awesome, I'am sooo jealous :aok: