Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

musclestang wrote:
26 Mar 2024 18:19
In most large cities, a team could come or go and nobody would really notice. If the Packers left GB the collapse would be complete.

Outside of a half % sales tax that expired almost a decade ago, the Packers have paid their own way with revenue and stock sales and have brought so much to a city that very much needed it.

Really &%$@ look for a city that should be more grateful.
He is a [D] that illegally removed his own election official from any authority and gave running the 2020 selection to an out of state Zuckerbucks funded political activist. She resigned a few months later because of it. It is largely his actions that started the process of having an amendment (to be voted on Tuesday) of the state constitution that keeps Zuckerbucks out of elections in WI. His own reelection in 2022 was by about 1500 votes and there are questions about those results.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Keep this in mind next time Murphy goes in front of cameras playing the “poor us, the city won’t renegotiate our lease; we can’t afford to make improvements” card.
Financially speaking, it was business as usual at 1265 Lombardi Ave. last year. The Packers reported a $68.6 million operating profit for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2023
And that was with one of their “home” games played in London. It would have been higher had they played all their home games at Lambeau, like they did this past season and will again this coming season.

https://www.packers.com/news/packers-r ... ially-2023

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

musclestang wrote:
27 Mar 2024 05:15
go pak go wrote:
26 Mar 2024 21:05
And because of this, the obvious conclusion thanks to our posters is Green Bay is a crap hole and greedy.
If not for the success of the Packers over the past 30 years, GB would already be one. People wouldn’t be making fun of Beloit anymore, GB would have taken its place.

They do have a pretty long lease in place. Regardless, I unlike other teams who have city tax payers foot half of the bill for their rich owner, the Packers have mostly been supported by their fans. Outside of the half % sales tax that has expired.

The Packers bring in for the city every 2 years what they took out over 15 years or so. Not including the area improvements and investments in tech or the million dollar grants given by the Packers to area entities, not from the city of GB.
Packers bring in more to the area in probably 6 months of direct and indirect investment than the county sales tax as part of the 2003 renovation.

But GB is already a crap hole. Schools are awful, and they are paying $250k to their DEI hire former superintendent who said racist things about school employees and the city on an Atlanta radio show, under condition he wouldn't sue after being released. He was in the wrong and would lose any lawsuit, yet the dumb school board still gives him a golden parachute. Business investment in Green Bay proper is not strong (all the businesses go to De Pere or the Valley). Crime is out of control. The east side is full of illegals. Housing is unaffordable. Even with the Packers, the city itself is basically Beloit or Racine with the exception of about a 1 mile x 1/4 mile stretch that was cut out of Ashwaubenon.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Must not be much going on in the round table today.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

wallyuwl wrote:
27 Mar 2024 14:57
musclestang wrote:
27 Mar 2024 05:15
go pak go wrote:
26 Mar 2024 21:05
And because of this, the obvious conclusion thanks to our posters is Green Bay is a crap hole and greedy.
If not for the success of the Packers over the past 30 years, GB would already be one. People wouldn’t be making fun of Beloit anymore, GB would have taken its place.

They do have a pretty long lease in place. Regardless, I unlike other teams who have city tax payers foot half of the bill for their rich owner, the Packers have mostly been supported by their fans. Outside of the half % sales tax that has expired.

The Packers bring in for the city every 2 years what they took out over 15 years or so. Not including the area improvements and investments in tech or the million dollar grants given by the Packers to area entities, not from the city of GB.
Packers bring in more to the area in probably 6 months of direct and indirect investment than the county sales tax as part of the 2003 renovation.

But GB is already a crap hole. Schools are awful, and they are paying $250k to their DEI hire former superintendent who said racist things about school employees and the city on an Atlanta radio show, under condition he wouldn't sue after being released. He was in the wrong and would lose any lawsuit, yet the dumb school board still gives him a golden parachute. Business investment in Green Bay proper is not strong (all the businesses go to De Pere or the Valley). Crime is out of control. The east side is full of illegals. Housing is unaffordable. Even with the Packers, the city itself is basically Beloit or Racine with the exception of about a 1 mile x 1/4 mile stretch that was cut out of Ashwaubenon.
[mention]wallyuwl[/mention] - you’re gonna need to chill with this social/political bleed over you’ve been posting in the football forum. Keep it in the Round Table or keep it to yourself, manno.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

So others can talk about GB and Packers economics, etc but I can't? Got it.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
28 Mar 2024 11:43
thing is it is hard to keep politics out of the conversation, and this is a tit for tat exchange that started politically over a year ago when state politicians attempted to disband the stadium district, take accrued money and put all that that entailed in control of the city, and was defeated, now that the team wants to use that money to improve stuff the city plays hard ball.

touchy thing, politics, it gets very personal.
Last edited by Yoop on 28 Mar 2024 14:20, edited 1 time in total.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

wallyuwl wrote:
I read FOX news type gossip about the following items.

paying a severance to a former superintendent
Crime
city full of illegals

and then high level "doesn't invest in business and "unaffordable housing"

I would hardly call your post an economic discussion - let alone a Packers economic discussion. As for housing, I don't know what classifies as unaffordable because basically every house I see on Zillow in GB is under $250k. Seems pretty affordable to me.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl wrote:
I think we’d all love it if you would talk about Green Bay and the Packers economics.

Doubt you’ll find anyone who thinks that is what you were doing.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I didn't even know the Packers didn't own Lambeau field until 2 days ago. I always thought they did. That's why it was a big deal back in the 90's when they asked for that half cent county sales tax to help fund a much needed remodel. or is it just a lease for the land it sits on? anybody have specifics on the arrangement? I'm clueless it seems

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Are the Green Bay Packers really owned by fans?
The Green Bay Packers' journey to fan ownership can be traced back to 1923 when the team faced financial difficulties. In a groundbreaking move, the community rallied together to form a publicly owned corporation, allowing fans to purchase shares and become shareholders in the team.

Wikipedia
Who legally owns the Green Bay Packers?
Green Bay Packers, Inc.
The Green Bay Packers Board of Directors is the organization that serves as the owner of record for the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League (NFL). The Packers have been a publicly owned, non-profit corporation since August 18, 1923.

nice story about how Lambeau got it's start, and why the city has certain rights of ownership

The Green Bay City Council, Packers organization and the NFL had been discussing the need for an improved stadium for years before an April 3, 1956 bonding referendum passed, approving $960,000 to build a new Packers stadium. The cost would be split between the city and the Packers.

https://www.wpr.org/history/fascinating ... -was-built

fascinating stuff, and how times have changed, not just the cost of original build, but also 73,000,00 for the 45 acres it sits on the city paid to annex that portion of ashwaubenon, a choice made partially concerning the ability to sell beer during games, priorities matter :lol: Beer and football, just can't have one without the other :lol:
Last edited by Yoop on 29 Mar 2024 06:54, edited 1 time in total.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I think April 1st came early this year...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
29 Mar 2024 06:51

what changed, they look the same to me? green and gold, stripes :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
29 Mar 2024 06:56
APB wrote:

Per usual. Read posts. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I hope this is real as I have wanted an alternate jersey for forever. The throwback should be the same 50's throwback as they are committed to that through 2025.

I'm confused about the NFC North X Handle though. It's supposed to be satire correct? Like this is supposed to be funny? Is it poking fun at the fact that Green Bay never changes their uniform? (even though they have had multiple renditions of throwbacks for 15 years now)
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:

C'mon guys, that is the same parody account that hooked you guys like a week ago.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
29 Mar 2024 08:15
Yoop wrote:
29 Mar 2024 06:56
APB wrote:

Per usual. Read posts. :lol:
I saw what Rob wrote you numb skull :rotf: that was my attempt at a joke, hadn't even had coffee yet, urrrrrrr :box: :rotf:

Happy Easter Weekend :aok:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Ooooh I'm going to wait to buy my Love jersey then.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
29 Mar 2024 09:13
C'mon guys, that is the same parody account that hooked you guys like a week ago.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

At some point, I really want to see the hideous mid-80's throwbacks.

Read More. Post Less.