Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Here's a link to an article explaining the current situation pretty well.

https://eu.greenbaypressgazette.com/sto ... 748560007/
musclestang wrote:
03 Apr 2024 16:34
Of the city does in fact own the stadium, which I’m not sure they do.
Actually Lambeau Field is co-owned by the Green Bay Packers, the city of Green Bay and the Green Bay/Brown County Professional Football Stadium District. That structure was established in conjunction with Lambeau Field's 2003 renovation because the project was financed largely by a 0.5% Brown County sales tax, which was terminated in 2015.

The Packers are tenants, paying about $1 million annually in rent to the city, but their ownership share increases every time they pay for improvements to the stadium. They've made a lot of improvements in the last dozen years, about $500 million worth, which dwarfs the $300 million put into Lambeau Field during the transformational 2003 stadium renovation. It is estimated the Packers may now own more than half of the stadium.

All three entities are party to the Packers' Lambeau Field lease, a structure that was developed with the formation of the stadium district in the early 2000s, with the goal of removing, as much as possible, politics from the operation.

The lease continues through 2033. The Packers have options to renew it for up to 10 years.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Should probably update the ‘ol resume.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
04 Apr 2024 08:51

That seems to be quite the promotion. From accounting analyst to VP Of Football Admin.

Good for him.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

LVN looks freaky thick

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
04 Apr 2024 09:07
BF004 wrote:
04 Apr 2024 08:51

That seems to be quite the promotion. From accounting analyst to VP Of Football Admin.

Good for him.
Go get some experience so we can hire you back when Russ Ball retires. That is the way.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Or, hear me out, I got learn from Big Russ and I take over?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

CWIMM wrote:
04 Apr 2024 04:11

musclestang wrote:
Actually Lambeau Field is co-owned by the Green Bay Packers, the city of Green Bay and the Green Bay/Brown County Professional Football Stadium District. That structure was established in conjunction with Lambeau Field's 2003 renovation because the project was financed largely by a 0.5% Brown County sales tax, which was terminated in 2015.

The Packers are tenants, paying about $1 million annually in rent to the city, but their ownership share increases every time they pay for improvements to the stadium. They've made a lot of improvements in the last dozen years, about $500 million worth, which dwarfs the $300 million put into Lambeau Field during the transformational 2003 stadium renovation. It is estimated the Packers may now own more than half of the stadium.

All three entities are party to the Packers' Lambeau Field lease, a structure that was developed with the formation of the stadium district in the early 2000s, with the goal of removing, as much as possible, politics from the operation.

The lease continues through 2033. The Packers have options to renew it for up to 10 years.
I thought I responded to this, must have deleted my post, I do that a lot more these days

anyway imho the city is taking advantage of what has been a very good thing for them, the goal obviously from that Howard politician, along with the mayor is to hold the 80 mil now in control by the stadium district, which they hope to decommission and put into city savings to draw interest on as they dole out money for maintenance and improvements at there leisure.

any time a city, county or federal agency wants to take over something they have a agenda, and moneyis usually at the heart of it.

from the time Lombardi departed till Harlan took control, this team under city control floundered miserably, same for the years right after Curly stepped down till Lombardi, imo the city can not be trusted to do what is necessary.

anyway these are my thought about this, Am I wrong?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 11:50
CWIMM wrote:

musclestang wrote:

I thought I responded to this, must have deleted my post, I do that a lot more these days

anyway imho the city is taking advantage of what has been a very good thing for them, the goal obviously from that Howard politician, along with the mayor is to hold the 80 mil now in control by the stadium district, which they hope to decommission and put into city savings to draw interest on as they dole out money for maintenance and improvements at there leisure.

any time a city, county or federal agency wants to take over something they have a agenda, and moneyis usually at the heart of it.

from the time Lombardi departed till Harlan took control, this team under city control floundered miserably, same for the years right after Curly stepped down till Lombardi, imo the city can not be trusted to do what is necessary.

From what I understand, the city isn't asking to do anything.

The Packers are asking to change the agreement and both parties are currently at an impasse so the current deal remains effective and in place.

I don't think painting the picture that a government is pursuing a takeover is accurate when their current stance is sticking with the original agreement.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
05 Apr 2024 12:04
Yoop wrote:
CWIMM wrote:

The Packers are asking to change the agreement and both parties are currently at an impasse so the current deal remains effective and in place.

I don't think painting the picture that a government is pursuing a takeover is accurate when their current stance is sticking with the original agreement.
actually there are articles that say the original agreement was 500K, at some point it increased to 1 mil. why?

this answered my questions.

https://chippewa.com/board-approves-lam ... 66a66.html

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 12:15
go pak go wrote:
05 Apr 2024 12:04
Yoop wrote:

actually there are articles that say the original agreement was 500K, at some point it increased to 1 mil. why?

this answered my questions.

https://chippewa.com/board-approves-lam ... 66a66.html

So according to this article, the 2024 lease payment from the Packers to Green Bay is $1,767,740.
Yoop wrote:

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Yoop wrote:

I don't understand it that way at all. To me, it seems that the Packers don't want to spend that $80 million as long as the city doesn't agree to the lease being changed in the team's favor.
Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2024 12:15
The original agreement included a 2.75% increase every single year. Over 23 years that makes a significant difference.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

is this written anywhere, I tried reading the transcript, but those kind of suck. Gives you the words, not who's saying them. I can read 100x's faster than a video can tell me something. I love videos showing me how to do something, I hate them for information.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

musclestang wrote:
10 Apr 2024 06:02
is this written anywhere, I tried reading the transcript, but those kind of suck. Gives you the words, not who's saying them. I can read 100x's faster than a video can tell me something. I love videos showing me how to do something, I hate them for information.
Not written anywhere.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I love it!!

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Packers sign CB Gemon Green.

Guessing this doesn’t warrant its own thread, never heard of him.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

@BF004 How do you not know who he is?! Green is an undrafted free agent from the 2023 draft class who spent time with the New York Giants last year.

Green, a Texas native, played in 42 games (24 starts) over four seasons at Michigan. He produced 71 tackles, 15 pass breakups and one interception. In 2022, his final year, he was named an honorable mention All-Big Ten selection.

Green played 69 defensive snaps and 14 special teams snaps over three preseason games with the Giants in 2023. He created seven tackles (three stops) and allowed nine catches on 10 targets (one pass breakup) for 118 yards and one touchdown pass into his coverage. Green injured his shoulder during the Giants’ preseason game against the Jets but is now cleared following surgery.

Green (6-1, 183) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.53 seconds, hit 37.5″ in the vertical leap, covered 10-6 in the broad jump, finished the short shuttle 4.51 seconds and three-cone drill in 7.1 seconds and completed 12 reps on the bench press. His Relative Athletic Score is 6.64 out of 10.0.

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2024/0 ... mon-green/

:roll: Can't believe you didn't know who we was... :roll: ;)

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Champion chips
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

BF004 wrote:
10 Apr 2024 17:44
Packers sign CB Gemon Green.

Guessing this doesn’t warrant its own thread, never heard of him.

Here are Green's college stats in four seasons with the Michigan Wolverines according to PFF (he hardly played in 2019 when he only had 12 snaps on defense).

Green primarily lined up as a wide corner on a total of 82.7% of his snaps. He was targeted a total of 121 times, allowing only 59 catches for an impressive completion percentage of 48.8%. His passer rating allowed was a mediocre 85.7 as he had only one interception but gave up six touchdowns and 14.7 yards per catch. In total he had 11 pass breakups.