2024 Season Home Opener

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

2024 Season Home Opener

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Alright .............. what are people's preferences, and Why?

I'll chime in later. My choice is made ............. it's for Monday Night Football from Lambeau Field on September 9, 2024.

Here's your choices: Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, Arizona, Houston, San Francisco, Indianapolis, Miami, New Orleans.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

New Orleans or AZ at noon Sunday. Easier opponents to get off to a good start. D might start slow with a new DC and scheme.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I think we pull the Lions. Pin the top two in the division again each other.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
28 Jan 2024 09:07
Yeah. A Cowboys/Eagles or Lions/Packers seems to be a pretty prime pick for the SNF opener
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
28 Jan 2024 09:58
lupedafiasco wrote:
Yeah. A Cowboys/Eagles or Lions/Packers seems to be a pretty prime pick for the SNF opener
With our luck it will be in prime time in Detroit.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pugger wrote:
28 Jan 2024 11:03
go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
Our home opener will be in Detroit??

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
28 Jan 2024 11:56
Pugger wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Only Chicago gets that privilege right now.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I prefer one of the divisional foes. We've had great games in week 1 against da Bears. But part of me wants to face the Lions ASAP in the season.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pugger wrote:
go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
I would LOVE that!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
28 Jan 2024 13:13
I prefer one of the divisional foes. We've had great games in week 1 against da Bears. But part of me wants to face the Lions ASAP in the season.
I think it is a massive injustice to have a legit meaningful game Week 1. It's just too much of a wildcard that then has massive playoff tiebreaking scenarios.
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
28 Jan 2024 11:56
Pugger wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Sorry, I didn't see that. :oops:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
28 Jan 2024 13:17
Scott4Pack wrote:
I think it is a massive injustice to have a legit meaningful game Week 1. It's just too much of a wildcard that then has massive playoff tiebreaking scenarios.
So then it's the Vikings or the Saints. :x

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

I heard that it'll be the Eagles and it'll be in some foreign country's, I forget which. Do we play the eagles?
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:
How is it an injustice? Would it be "justice" to have the Saints travel to Lambeau on opening weekend where the Packers would be likely huge favorites?
Trudge wrote:I heard that it'll be the Eagles and it'll be in some foreign country's, I forget which. Do we play the eagles?
That would be in Brazil. A Packers matchup, along with several others, has been circulating since the location and Eagles as "home" team was announced. Just another rumor at this point, though.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
22 Feb 2024 06:16
go pak go wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:
How is it an injustice? Would it be "justice" to have the Saints travel to Lambeau on opening weekend where the Packers would be likely huge favorites?
Trudge wrote:I heard that it'll be the Eagles and it'll be in some foreign country's, I forget which. Do we play the eagles?
That would be in Brazil. A Packers matchup, along with several others, has been circulating since the location and Eagles as "home" team was announced. Just another rumor at this point, though.
I don't like big time inner conference games Week 1 that could likely impact playoff tiebreakers. Week 1 is just too much of a wildcard.

I prefer Week 1 to be divisional games (because you have a gauranteed rematch) and NFC vs AFC games (because the playoff implications are lower)

And that lately has been how the league has done it for the most part and I think that is a good thing.
Yoop wrote:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

I think they overload the first week with too many "top" match ups. The second week is usually crap. Since people are just happy to have the NFL back they could have a couple premium games and spread others into the next weeks.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
22 Feb 2024 09:37
APB wrote:
22 Feb 2024 06:16
go pak go wrote:

I don't like big time inner conference games Week 1 that could likely impact playoff tiebreakers. Week 1 is just too much of a wildcard.

I prefer Week 1 to be divisional games (because you have a gauranteed rematch) and NFC vs AFC games (because the playoff implications are lower)

And that lately has been how the league has done it for the most part and I think that is a good thing.
Ok, so it's more a preference thing than an unfair thing. I took "injustice" in a literal sense.

I personally don't mind the big week one matchups, divisional or not. It gives the team an opportunity to jump start their season from the get-go and get a potential leg up on a division/conference foe early in the season. The same wildcard nuances you fret go both ways. I see it more as an opportunity rather than something to be worried over. And if they do lose the game, there's still plenty of season left to make it up.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:
I agree, Winning the first game is important to me, builds confidence, so a game against a non division weakling would be a easier win, and expose some of what we need to improve, and gives us a tie breaker against non divisional opponents, perfect scenario :)

Wally you nailed it :aok:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

my post worked, loaded perfectly :aok:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Yoop wrote:
22 Feb 2024 10:20
my post worked, loaded perfectly :aok:
then it didn't :cry: