Chiefs - 49ers Predictions

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Chiefs - 49ers Predictions

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

The opening lines have the 49ers favored by 1.5 to 3 points. After what the Chiefs just accomplished in Baltimore, they won't be caring about the point spread.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

I think the chefs get ahead but unlike the last two games for the niners they don't fold in the second half. 28 - 17 chefs. :lombardi:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Chiefs defense. against 49ers offense, Mahomes and chiefs offense will do enough to win, while Spagnola forces the Niners into mistakes, it seems like destiny

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I just can't cheer for anyone who wears a flat brim cap. Go Chiefs!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I hope to find something else to do rather than watch this. Didn't watch any of the games yesterday. Neither team I would have preferred win, won. I never enjoy the halftime shows. Commercials haven't been good in ages. Sometimes I wonder if I'm even a football fan anymore.

Oh, wait, this isn't the paco whining thread? Ummmmm Chiefs 31 - 49ers 24

Time to do some mock drafts.
RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I do find it weird that some people hate the Chiefs. I get the whole "they've been there already" syndrome. But Andy Reid is great, Mahomes is such a likeable guy and might end up being the GOAT. And if you don't like the Chiefs because of Taylor Swift, then you're an idiot.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Chiefs by 11

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
29 Jan 2024 08:06
I do find it weird that some people hate the Chiefs. I get the whole "they've been there already" syndrome. But Andy Reid is great, Mahomes is such a likeable guy and might end up being the GOAT. And if you don't like the Chiefs because of Taylor Swift, then you're an idiot.
My only disdain for the Chiefs stems from jealousy.

The Chiefs, Mahommes, Reid are doing exactly what the Packers, MM, Rodgers, etc. should have done. It's just they make the plays when they are there to be made and the Packers didn't.

It's frustrating being taught "it's so hard" and then see the Chiefs win with these rosters that are lesser caliber than the Packers rosters when we lost it.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pack and DET showed that SanFran is beatable. We are more talented than KC but we left a lot of plays on the field because the playoff game is still a little too big for this team. Chiefs are probably the best team in the league when it comes to playoff football. I think KC finds a way to win this one.

I will say that while I am not jazzed about them winning, they are far preferable to SF.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Part of me wants to see Shannahan never win one.

The other part of me wants to get it over with so it becomes out turn.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
29 Jan 2024 08:27
Acrobat wrote:

The Chiefs, Mahommes, Reid are doing exactly what the Packers, MM, Rodgers, etc. should have done. It's just they make the plays when they are there to be made and the Packers didn't.

It's frustrating being taught "it's so hard" and then see the Chiefs win with these rosters that are lesser caliber than the Packers rosters when we lost it.
It's defense, last year and this season Spagnola defense has been excellent, and Mahomes and the offense rarely make mistakes.

both losses yesterday where the result of one team making more mistakes then the other, like us they beat themselves.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Tay seems like a valid reason to dislike the Chiefs. She is already shoved down our throats everywhere, and you would think you would be safe from her in NFL games, but NOPE, MORE TAY TAY!!

I am sure she is a very talented musician in her own right, but is she some generational talent, so truly so above-and-beyond everyone else in the industry, that she should take up as much public attention as she does? No, it's very clearly manufactured, and tbh it's a microcosm of how broken the system is.

I do like Andy Reid though lol. I don't hate Mahomes but I don't find him likable.

I don't think people hate the Chiefs so much as they are just tired of seeing them in this spot over and over. It would have been interesting to see Lamar Jackson and the Ravens in this spot if for no other reason than it would have been a different game than we are used to.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

For sure, totally get it. I do think it all comes down to the QB. Mahomes has a clutch gene that Rodgers rarely had.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Labrev wrote:
29 Jan 2024 08:47
Tay seems like a valid reason to dislike the Chiefs. She is already shoved down our throats everywhere, and you would think you would be safe from her in NFL games, but NOPE, MORE TAY TAY!!

I am sure she is a very talented musician in her own right, but is she some generational talent, so truly so above-and-beyond everyone else in the industry, that she should take up as much public attention as she does? No, it's very clearly manufactured, and tbh it's a microcosm of how broken the system is.

I do like Andy Reid though lol. I don't hate Mahomes but I don't find him likable.

I don't think people hate the Chiefs so much as they are just tired of seeing them in this spot over and over. It would have been interesting to see Lamar Jackson and the Ravens in this spot if for no other reason than it would have been a different game than we are used to.
I am not a fan of Taylor Swift's music, but that is for sure an inaccurate description of her. She's very talented and as far as her success, it is near generational.

Also, I hate to have my opinion of a football team skewed by the media putting too much attention on her. That's not the Chiefs' fault, and CBS knows what they're doing, and they're doing it well.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Acrobat wrote:
29 Jan 2024 09:01
Labrev wrote:
29 Jan 2024 08:47

I am not a fan of Taylor Swift's music, but that is for sure an inaccurate description of her. She's very talented and as far as her success, it is near generational.

Also, I hate to have my opinion of a football team skewed by the media putting too much attention on her. That's not the Chiefs' fault, and CBS knows what they're doing, and they're doing it well.
It's also not her fault that so much attention gets put on her before, during and after the games. That's the media. I would be willing to bet she'd be fine never having a camera pointed at her while she's at the game. But the NFL loves it because they are getting new people watching because of her.

In any case, it's not affecting the actual game at all. People need to get over it. And hell, I'd much rather look at her than Pete Carroll chewing his gum like a GD crazy person. Keep the camera on the field. We don't need to see anything else!

paco determined to turn this into his own whining thread
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

If it was us, and Johnathon Owens was more then just a good tackling safety, Simone Biles picture would be plastered in the minds and on the screen during every game we played, everyone here would be all gaga :rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
29 Jan 2024 08:39
go pak go wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

both losses yesterday where the result of one team making more mistakes then the other, like us they beat themselves.
Yeah. And I get jealous that we always seem to be the team beating ourselves rather than benefiting from being the opponent who won because the other guy beat themselves.
Yoop wrote:

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

Acrobat wrote:
29 Jan 2024 08:56
go pak go wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

For sure, totally get it. I do think it all comes down to the QB. Mahomes has a clutch gene that Rodgers rarely had.
Mahomes and the KC offense scored ZERO points in the second half and just 17 in total yesterday while the KC defense, rated number two in points given up this season, allowed the high-powered Baltimore offense to score a total of 10 points, on the road.

For sure Mahomes has a clutch gene Rodgers rarely had.

He also has a defense that Rodgers never had, except that one season in 2010.

I remember much excuse-making that it was nearly impossible to field a top defense when paying a QB as much as GB paid Rodgers and KC is paying Mahomes now.

The KC defense is filled with draft picks who contribute, like late first round picks Karlaftis and McDuffie, and is coordinated by a guy who brought the pressure all game yesterday in Steve Spagnuolo. It is aggressive and everything GB's defense has not been since 2011.

KC's latest trip to the Super Bowl did not all come down to the QB anymore that it did for New England with Brady. Defense matters (and so do Special Teams).

KC's success with Mahomes and that defense just highlights the collective 2011-2018 failings of not only QB Aaron Rodgers, but also coaches Mike McCarthy/Dom Capers, and GM Ted Thompson.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Chiefs just have that pedigree. They know they can win anywhere or anytime in the playoffs. They can also do it several different ways. Everybody they play has less experience than them and they come out a little tight. Meanwhile, the Chiefs just handle business.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

LombardiTime wrote:
29 Jan 2024 09:26
Acrobat wrote:
29 Jan 2024 08:56
go pak go wrote:

Mahomes and the KC offense scored ZERO points in the second half and just 17 in total yesterday while the KC defense, rated number two in points given up this season, allowed the high-powered Baltimore offense to score a total of 10 points, on the road.

For sure Mahomes has a clutch gene Rodgers rarely had.

He also has a defense that Rodgers never had, except that one season in 2010.

I remember much excuse-making that it was nearly impossible to field a top defense when paying a QB as much as GB paid Rodgers and KC is paying Mahomes now.

The KC defense is filled with draft picks who contribute, like late first round picks Karlaftis and McDuffie, and is coordinated by a guy who brought the pressure all game yesterday in Steve Spagnuolo. It is aggressive and everything GB's defense has not been since 2011.

KC's latest trip to the Super Bowl did not all come down to the QB anymore that it did for New England with Brady. Defense matters (and so do Special Teams).

KC's success with Mahomes and that defense just highlights the collective 2011-2018 failings of not only QB Aaron Rodgers, but also coaches Mike McCarthy/Dom Capers, and GM Ted Thompson.
spot on, it's all the above, we drafted defense hard since 2014, and either Capers couldn't get them schemed up right, or the talent didn't play up to draft slotting, mostly I think the later, plus the injury bug was brutal, we lost whole position groups of our starting players several seasons, not to make excuses for anything, but that stuff does matter
even the best offenses need at least a good defense to win PO games :aok: