Aaron friggin Jones

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Aaron friggin Jones

Post by Scott4Pack »

I looked for a thread here for Aaron Jones and the search engine told me there were none containing "aaron jones" at all. Surely there is one someplace. But I had this video to share. So, I'm starting a new "Aaron friggin Jones" thread.

I really think this guy never gets enough credit, either by coaches or even by some fans. He isn't 230 pounds, okay. But this guy makes a huge difference and even pass pro is very good.

Listen to how JLove talks about him. And listen to how Micah Parsons talks about him. Amazing.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

I agree. Totally unrespected as a player. Probably the 2nd most complete back in football behind McCaffrey. Everyone does seem to get what a great person he is though.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I want him to be a packer until the wheels fall off. He’s worth it.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
10 Feb 2024 17:39
Yeah, he’s up there with Donald Driver, he just gets to play forever till he can’t.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
10 Feb 2024 18:55
YoHoChecko wrote:
Yeah, he’s up there with Donald Driver, he just gets to play forever till he can’t.
Driver is the exact correlate I thought of.

Then I remembered how angry I was when they gave Driver his last deal and thought it was time to move on. And I wondered if I’m a hypocrite or if I’ve grown

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

OP, did you say... FRIGGEN??? :shock:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

YoHoChecko wrote:
10 Feb 2024 18:58
BF004 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Then I remembered how angry I was when they gave Driver his last deal and thought it was time to move on. And I wondered if I’m a hypocrite or if I’ve grown
Probably grown. )) But Father time always wins and that day always arrives. Most of us try to hang on a bit too long.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
10 Feb 2024 18:58
BF004 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

I am very much rooting for a Jones extension because I think it is the only way to make his next two years palatable from a salary cap position.

We know we can't absorb the $17 million in cap hit or whatever it is. So my hope is Jones is willing to work with us. Realize he is hurt a lot and accept a 2 to 3 year extension that keeps him in GB with the understanding the plan is to never have him carry 20+ carries every game but instead keep him fresh for January like 2023.

Give him an extension. Spread that cap hit (knock it down to like $10 million cap hit per year) and let's make this beautiful match until retirement. If there is one guy who isn't all about the money...I bet it is Aaron Jones.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

2 year extension puts him at 33 at the end of his contract. Even as a 3rd down back he has major value. He is kind of the Darren Sproles type we have always wanted, some of us. He could be very valuable even for the next 3 seasons.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
Driver is almost the only semi-recent example of a star that can say that with the Packers. Every other big name I can think of has put on another jersey.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BS, this is Jones last season, just replace him, this isn't a save the RB league, we should bring in his replacement this season, best in this draft class we can get or buy one, production is all that matters, and he lost most of last season.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:
11 Feb 2024 09:30
BS, this is Jones last season, just replace him, this isn't a save the RB league, we should bring in his replacement this season, best in this draft class we can get or buy one, production is all that matters, and he lost most of last season.
Normally I'd agree because 29-going-on-30 year old running backs are so rarely worth it, but Jones has a unique skill set and as we saw this past season he is still as quick and shifty as ever.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
11 Feb 2024 10:39
Yoop wrote:
Normally I'd agree because 29-going-on-30 year old running backs are so rarely worth it, but Jones has a unique skill set and as we saw this past season he is still as quick and shifty as ever.
He also has fewer miles on him than many RBs his age, with only 1177 career carries. He didn't look at all sluggish at the end of the season, which is how an RB on the decline would look.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

mnkcarp wrote:
11 Feb 2024 10:59
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
11 Feb 2024 10:39
Yoop wrote:
He also has fewer miles on him than many RBs his age, with only 1177 career carries. He didn't look at all sluggish at the end of the season, which is how an RB on the decline would look.
typically what we saw last season repeats itself, just as it does with older vets, it's not the gradual decline, it's the loss of time, availability.

Jones skill set is replaceable, ya just need to donate resources to do it, and thats not mid round fliers, lis, keep Jones for the 24 season as his understudy shares run snaps and learns the blocking tasks, in 2025 ya take a mid round flier to back up Jones replacement.

true Jones has never had a major injury, thats great, but nagging bumps and bruises are just as bad if they keep you off the field.

I was the biggest premotor of Jones in this forum ( or one of em) still am, but I have to use some common sense, and ya never see the wall as it pops up in your face :idn:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

He just had his most productive 5 game stretch of his career. I think he’s got a lot left in the tank. Thanks, frustratingly to McCarthy and LaFleur, for never using him… like we did this last 5 games.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Jones looks like he has another 2 stellar years in the tank. And I feel like he could transition to a Kevin Faulk role and play another 2-3 years.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
Wow. Like he's just replacable? I'm shocked. Don't you agree about the value that Jones brings to the offense and the whole team? He sparks every body and puts everything on the field. He knows how to get chunk plays and touchdowns as well as anybody. And you say, "just replace him" like he's a copy and paste of any above average RB. Amazing.

Maybe that isn't your entire opinion about him.
:-)

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

FWIW, I am one of the guys who leans toward the "better to let go of a player too early, than too late" crowd. But AJ33 is a special guy who still has the ability. (Ya know the Packers are the team that also let go of Taylor AND Hornung in short order after stellar careers. Neither did much of anything after.)

He certainly has enough for 2024. And nobody would hesitate to find a new RB in the draft if the right one is there to be had. I think we ride this pony as long as he sustains.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I'm rooting for Aaron Jones to establish Packers career rushing yardage stats right up there with Ahman Green and Jim Taylor. He'll need around 3,000 yards over the next 2 seasons to get there.

Aaron Jones has had three 1,000 yard rushing seasons. Right now Aaron Jones is in the same league as John Brockington which is already quite impressive.

Aaron Jones will need 6 and 10 rushing TDs respectively to surpass Paul Hornung and Ahman Green for rushing TDs, respectively. Jim Taylor leads all Packers RBs with 81 rushing TDs.