Legal Tampering News and Rumors

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Jewel was a guy I liked. Glad to know we're interested. $7M/year a little richer than I wanted so fine with missing on him, too.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Bye Simone.
RIP JustJeff

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Question; for players who have been told that they will be released but it’s not yet official- they can’t negotiate until the official release right? Might this explain why players like Simmons have not signed yet??

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Owens to the Bears, 2 year deal.

Such a dumb franchise.

They have so much cap room two years in a row, worst OL and DL in football, they sign 2 off ball LBs to crazy money, two older declining safeties, like 4 TEs and signed a RB to big money.

Still pissed we losing Simone.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

the issue with Owens is coverage, I think he plays the run pretty well, he just gets so turned around in coverage, we may add another in UFA, as well as the draft.

Simone was the bonus that attracts the media, nice couple, the best to them both :aok:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Wait, the Panthers traded for Dionte Johnson? The Steelers got a CB from the deal (Donte Jackson). And THIS nugget shocked me in regards to the inexperience on the Sttelers' offense.
Johnson was the Steelers' most experienced wide receiver and longest-tenured offensive player. A third-round pick in the 2019 draft, he is in the final year of his contract
That's less experienced than even us I think!

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

lake shark wrote:
12 Mar 2024 17:03
Question; for players who have been told that they will be released but it’s not yet official- they can’t negotiate until the official release right? Might this explain why players like Simmons have not signed yet??
In general, players aren't allowed to negotiate with other teams as long as they aren't released. It's possible for teams to allow that though, like the Broncos did with Russell Wilson.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Wow about Ridley. Is he worth $23M/year? Or has the WR market jumped up that much?

Titans are making some waves.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yeah, def draft a receiver this year…. and next…and always…. and just keep collecting comp picks and spending money on RBs.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

BF004 wrote:
13 Mar 2024 18:20
Yeah, def draft a receiver this year…. and next…and always…. and just keep collecting comp picks and spending money on RBs.
Such a luxury that we don't really have to this year, but the quality and quantity are so high that it seems like the perfect year to keep stacking.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Ya. I would continue to draft WRs as we really need one to pop into a D Adams type. Get that bonafide WR1. But we don’t have to go buy that in the FA market as the WR core is already looking solid. I would just take cracks at the plate hoping to eventually hit that HR. And that guy could also already be on the roster waiting to bloom.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Don't need that or want that. I would rather have 4 low level 1s, high level 2s.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Taking a look at the money receivers are paid in free agency I definitely prefer to acquire them via the draft as well. Unfortunately good ones will cost a ton of money to re-sign after three or four years on the team as well.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

now everyone wants to draft receivers, this forum is very strange :rotf:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Mar 2024 06:37
My gawd you are so impossible.

Everyone did!!!! Doubt there was a person here who was ever against it. Some people will also say our WR room was very good 19-21 and it was. And evidenced by ‘22 we should have definitely been drafting WRs over that time.

Listen to the actual words people say, not just what you think they might have said.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
14 Mar 2024 07:17
Yoop wrote:

Everyone did!!!! Doubt there was a person here who was ever against it. Some people will also say our WR room was very good 19-21 and it was. And evidenced by ‘22 we should have definitely been drafting WRs over that time.

Listen to the actual words people say, not just what you think they might have said.
ever heard of humor, do you ever notice Smilies or laughing emoticons.

and just for the record our receivers where not good enough unless you consider one all pro and a bunch of jags good enough, guess you do, so why did we rebuild that position, why did we let Lazard and MVS go so cheaply? simple, they where proven to be NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

whats strange is I was shot down when I wanted to draft them, now since we finally did draft a bunch, you and others want more, so now your coming around to my position, I make a joke about it and I'am impossible :thwap:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Mar 2024 08:58
BF004 wrote:
14 Mar 2024 07:17
Yoop wrote:

ever heard of humor, do you ever notice Smilies or laughing emoticons.
You obviously were not joking if you say this:
whats strange is I was shot down when I wanted to draft them,
You were not.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

OR

We let Lazard and MVS walk because by and large paying receivers a 2nd contract is stupid and an overpay for what you are getting which is exactly what a group on this forum is talking about. Keep drafting WRs so you don't have to pay $11 million for a middle of the road #2 WR which is where the market is for NFL WRs nowadays.

I very much align with the always draft new WRs and only sign 1 or 2 to a 2nd contract if they are absolutely worth it.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Smilies expose tone of a message, members should consider them when reading a sentence, that was a joking type remark