Legal Tampering News and Rumors

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
15 Mar 2024 10:35
Labrev wrote:
15 Mar 2024 09:58
Yoop wrote:
15 Mar 2024 09:53
as we know Rodgers opinion about ANYTHING has more to do with sounding right,
ALL evidence to the contrary.
what evidence would that be?
See what I added.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
15 Mar 2024 10:37
Yoop wrote:
Labrev wrote:
15 Mar 2024 09:58

ALL evidence to the contrary.
See what I added.
actually I disagree with that also, again he says what will give him the reaction he wants, totally outlandish 180 degree against established norms with some and very evasive with others, half truths in a attempt to confuse more then enlighten, that way he's never wrong.

he's always been this way, far more so these last 4 or 5 years.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
15 Mar 2024 10:53
Labrev wrote:
Yoop wrote:

See what I added.
actually I disagree with that also, again he says what will give him the reaction he wants, totally outlandish 180 degree against established norms with some and very evasive with others, half truths in a attempt to confuse more then enlighten, that way he's never wrong.

None of that refutes my contention that he means what he says. He can achieve all of that by just speaking his mind, if his true beliefs are, in fact, controversial.

The evidence is against you on this. You would have us believe he just expresses stuff like vaccine hesitancy not because he believes in it, but because he is a troll seeking attention. Except, he did not take the vaccine, so he clearly believed what he was saying about that. It was not that he was just BS'ing people. He was speaking his mind, even if it gets backlash.

Face it, yoop. Rodgers does not share your opinion on the WRs nor was he a victim; he was a big reason we had the guys we did. In fact, even all the other people who agree with you about the WR situation agree that Rodgers hyping up scrubs was a big part of the issue.

You are the only person still living in lala land on this, because you have some strange need to make Rodgers a martyr as an expression of your own discontentment with the WRs as a fan. It's WEIRD.
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
15 Mar 2024 11:08
Yoop wrote:
15 Mar 2024 10:53
Labrev wrote:

See what I added.

None of that refutes my contention that he means what he says. He can achieve all of that by just speaking his mind, if his true beliefs are, in fact, controversial.

The evidence is against you on this. You would have us believe he just expresses stuff like vaccine hesitancy not because he believes in it, but because he is a troll seeking attention. Except, he did not take the vaccine, so he clearly believed what he was saying about that. It was not that he was just BS'ing people. He was speaking his mind, even if it gets backlash.

Face it, yoop. Rodgers does not share your opinion on the WRs nor was he a victim; he was a big reason we had the guys we did. In fact, even all the other people who agree with you about the WR situation agree that Rodgers hyping up scrubs was a big part of the issue.

You are the only person still living in lala land on this, because you have some strange need to make Rodgers a martyr as an expression of your own discontentment with the WRs as a fan. It's WEIRD.
whats funny is that just because I supported him as a Quarterback, You think I supported the person,I thinks thats where your getting this martyr opinion, if Rodger opinion concerning these jag receivers was so high, why did he develop tunnel vision with Adams, your letting his politeness with not tarnishing those jags cloud the reality.

Rodgers lobbied hard for a receiver the year Guty drafted Love, pretty sure he had prior drafts as well, once Watson and Doubs got up to speed you saw how happy Rodgers was to finally have a receiver again that could beat 1 on 1 coverage.

sure he was proud that he defiantly rejected league demands to vax, defiant about everything is who Rodgers is, aint know one going to tell him what to do, even if it's to help save others, personally what little respect I had for him was lost when I learned about that

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
15 Mar 2024 13:45
Does this mean Oren Burks is gonna be available again?? Oh boy!!

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Yoop wrote:
15 Mar 2024 07:55
true, my point though is that if they where so good we would have found a way to keep them, to my knowledge Guty didn't even try with either.
Fortunately Gutekunst was smart enough not to offer Lazard or MVS the kind of money both received in free agency.
Yoop wrote:
15 Mar 2024 09:53
again I have doubts that we offered either of those two a contract extension, if so it would have been much lower then the Jets or KC paid, and the only reason they did as well for us as they did, was the position was void of starter talent, once they went to the Jets and KC we have seen there actual value, aren't they both UFA now? I don't don't pay attention to that stuff as much as you and others.
MVS is currently a free agent but Lazard is still under contract with the Jets. His base salary of $10 million for this season is fully guaranteed :rotf:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

CWIMM wrote:
18 Mar 2024 04:34
MVS is currently a free agent but Lazard is still under contract with the Jets. His base salary of $10 million for this season is fully guaranteed :rotf:
I'm still very happy for Lazard getting a contract like that. Good for him. But he is a textbook example of overpay. He isn't a $10M WR.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Scott4Pack wrote:
19 Mar 2024 16:19
CWIMM wrote:
I'm still very happy for Lazard getting a contract like that. Good for him. But he is a textbook example of overpay. He isn't a $10M WR.
Almost all $10MM WRs can be classified as overpays. The mid WR market is completely overinflated.

It's why people are saying to just continue drafting WRs so we don't have to pay 8 digits for a mid #2/#3 WR.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
19 Mar 2024 16:22
Scott4Pack wrote:
19 Mar 2024 16:19
CWIMM wrote:
Almost all $10MM WRs can be classified as overpays. The mid WR market is completely overinflated.

It's why people are saying to just continue drafting WRs so we don't have to pay 8 digits for a mid #2/#3 WR.
that was my point all along, we all Love Tae Adams, what we shouldn't love is paying him 29 million dollars, the only way out of that is to draft quality replacements every couple years, versus mid round reaches, sure ya can hit on one of those guys, not saying to not use a mid rounder on a receiver, just not to count on them being a starter in the rotation, which is what we did, and it failed, that is what frustrated me.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I don't have a problem paying for an elite WR, especially one that commands double- and even at times triple-coverage like Adams did. That opens up the field for everyone, so you can have a productive offense without needing them to all be world-beaters.

KC just won a second title with Kelce and lots of nondescript WRs, because they save the resources to field a very complete all-around team than obsess over one position. There are 20 other starting positions that also need to be addressed in a draft (more if you count ST units).
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
20 Mar 2024 08:59
I don't have a problem paying for an elite WR, especially one that commands double- and even at times triple-coverage like Adams did. That opens up the field for everyone, so you can have a productive offense without needing them to all be world-beaters.

KC just won a second title with Kelce and lots of nondescript WRs, because they save the resources to field a very complete all-around team than obsess over one position. There are 20 other starting positions that also need to be addressed in a draft (more if you count ST units).
course you don't, and Adams never beat triple coverage, nice try, also KC took advantage of dumb defensive mistakes, take Kelce out of the game as we saw several times with Adams and they lose just as we did.

2 or 3 very good receivers is better then just one Adams or Kelce any day of the week.

can't even discuss stuff logically with you :idn:

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Yoop wrote:
20 Mar 2024 09:18
Labrev wrote:

course you don't, and Adams never beat triple coverage, nice try, also KC took advantage of dumb defensive mistakes, take Kelce out of the game as we saw several times with Adams and they lose just as we did.

2 or 3 very good receivers is better then just one Adams or Kelce any day of the week.

To be fair, at no point did [mention]Labrev[/mention] argue that Adams beat triple coverage. He said that he commanded double and triple coverage. You changed his text and then argued with him about it. And then you accuse him of not having a logical discussion.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
course you don't, and Adams never beat triple coverage, nice try, also KC took advantage of dumb defensive mistakes,
He does not -have- to beat triple-coverage, that's the point. You already won when they do that; the D stretched themselves too thin to cover everyone, so *someone* is in position to make the play (hence, KC's offense taking advantage of "dumb defensive mistakes").
I didn't say one is "better" than the other, just that I do not have a problem with paying an Adams or Kelce.

I am cool with paying an Adams, but I also like our current set-up where there is no all-star receiver, just lots of guys with good talent.

My ideal at WR is a diversity of skills. All I want is: 1 vertical threat, 1 slot guy, 1 possession guy, 1 solid all-arounder (at minimum, but obviously, anything more than this is good). You would know this if you listened, but you do not, and ya TWIST mah wordz! :(
Your position has nothing to do with logic, just taste. You like loaded WR groups. That is fine.

But sorry, it is a FACT that you can win it all without what you want.
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
Labrev wrote:

Hard to argue logically when you don't even know what you are arguing. All you are doing now is being triggered by the avatar and triggered by an 8 year grudge.

Re-read the post. :aok:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
20 Mar 2024 09:37
Yoop wrote:
course you don't, and Adams never beat triple coverage, nice try, also KC took advantage of dumb defensive mistakes,
He does not -have- to beat triple-coverage, that's the point. You already won when they do that; the D stretched themselves too thin to cover everyone, so *someone* is in position to make the play (hence, KC's offense taking advantage of "dumb defensive mistakes").
I didn't say one is "better" than the other, just that I do not have a problem with paying an Adams or Kelce.

I am cool with paying an Adams, but I also like our current set-up where there is no all-star receiver, just lots of guys with good talent.

My ideal at WR is a diversity of skills. All I want is: 1 vertical threat, 1 slot guy, 1 possession guy, 1 solid all-arounder (at minimum, but obviously, anything more than this is good). You would know this if you listened, but you do not, and ya TWIST mah wordz! :(
Your position has nothing to do with logic, just taste. You like loaded WR groups. That is fine.

But sorry, it is a FACT that you can win it all without what you want.
my point is to draft a high tier receiver every other draft, 2 or 3 quality receivers stretch a defense thinner then one, thats logical un less you just don't want to draft receivers.

GPG, you damn right I got a grudge, all I've ever gotten from you and others is push back for wanting to draft receivers. :thwap:

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

Yoop wrote:
20 Mar 2024 11:34

GPG, you damn right I got a grudge, all I've ever gotten from you and others is push back for wanting to draft receivers. :thwap:
Let go and live for today... especially if we draft another awesome receiver, lol.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yet if we draft a receiver, and it is clear before his rookie contract expires that he is really good, I want to keep them.

I do not agree with this idea pervading the forum that they are going to be expensive, so let them walk and keep drafting WRs over and over.

Well, so be it, an elite WR is worth their money; part of the value of a draft pick is that you (ideally) get guys to play for many years.

We had Adams for 8 years. His 1k-yard seasons were Years 5, 7, and 8 (he was 3 yards away from 1k in both Years 3 and 6). He also had two more 1k seasons as a Raider, so 9 and 10 were also very productive for him. His rookie-contract years were (comparatively) unimpressive.

You are going to miss out on that kind of play if you refuse to pony up for your homegrown talent, the very prime of their career.
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:

It's not even been a week and you're back to this nonsense? You didn't get pushback for wanting to draft receivers...
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 20 Mar 2024 14:40, edited 2 times in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

mnkcarp wrote:
20 Mar 2024 11:52
Yoop wrote:

Let go and live for today... especially if we draft another awesome receiver, lol.

Grudge was/is to strong a word, your right can't live in the past, still I think the best path concerning the position is to use a high pick (2nd rounder) on 1 every other draft, keep the best for a 2nd contract and replace when the contracts become to high.

always felt 2 or 3 good ones is better then just one great one, cheaper too, I'am glad we are in the position where we don't have to spend a 1st or even a 2 or 3rd round pick on a WR, in fact after the last 2 drafts we can skip the position this year.