Packers sign Xavier McKinney

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

yep

A
75%
B
25%
C
No votes
D
No votes
F
No votes

Total votes: 20

paco
Reactions:

Packers sign Xavier McKinney

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Ok I'm not depressed anymore.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Yes!!!!! :beer2: :banana:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

$25M in year 1.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Wow, 17 per.

That's a lot.

Wonder how this is gunna be structured.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

5th highest paid safety.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Combination of this and Jacobs likely gunna make the Packers the NFC Super Bowl pick for about half the 'analysts' now. Gute pushing in some real chips.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Woah.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

One of our very few roster holes, and by far our biggest, filled with a stud defender in his athletic prime. He has range, he rallies to the ball, he is everything Hafley was describing in an ideal starting safety. No matter how this turns out, at least we are going for it.

.... I still want another S, haha. :twisted: MOARRRRRRRRR!!!! (also, another point for my mock-offseason!)
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

McKinney goes for $10 more than Savage, per year.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I like this. I would have preferred getting two safeties for the price of one but it makes all the sense.

Felt he would be Gutes target. He is a young and ascending player. Last time around when we splurged it was all players coming off rookie deals.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Love this, here’s to our team being top 5 healthiest next season

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

This is the guy!

This is the guy I am actually hopeful can be our post safety. Our Free Safety. Our Cover 1 Safety. The safeties that are so hard to find in this league.

I am so sick of reading, "well maybe this guy should be in the box or play the robber role"

NO MORE!!!!! We need this guy. We can draft the Box Safety guy. That's a lot easier to get.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

:thwap: :banana: :banana: :clap: :clap:

Great additions, some sad loses, both Jones and Bakhtiari where fan favorites, but we trimmed the cap hit letting them go, While Jacobs may lack some of the gears Aaron had, he's younger and seems less injury prone, fingers crossed on that count, maybe we'll add another in the draft.

McKinny has been on my wish list for the last couple weeks, so this is exciting, I new he'd demand top money, lets hope he earns it, like that Guty was true to plan, both additions where highly ranked at there positions, starters, and will lesson the need to use high picks to fill, gives us more versatility for the draft.

another lber or CB would be cool :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Quite frankly I am good for FA. I will be okay with bottom dwellers or bargain shopping but really my only real priority this FA was Xavier McKinney.

We NEVER get the guy I actually want in FA. I think this might actually be the first time as we didn't even talk too much about Preston or Z'darius in March 2019 before it happened.
Yoop wrote:

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Love it! Gutey is going all in…Super Bowl or bust…

Next is a linebacker
Love is the answer…

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I hadn't let myself think about this guy because we never do, but man this should be fun.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Maybe I'm over-reacting a bit, but...

We signed Reggie White with eyes toward a SB.
We signed Charles Woodson with eyes on a SB.

Those are two of our biggest signings ever. And I feel like this one is very close to being like those. He's a STUD in our greatest position of need. He brings reliability and play-making to our D. Oh man, this is gonna be good!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!