Are we going to move Jaire?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

texas
Reactions:

Are we going to move Jaire?

Post by texas »

Haven't heard anything, and I hope I worded the title in a way so that people wouldn't think we shipped him out or anything like that (imagine if, on FA Day, I just titled it Jaire Alexander...)

But anyways, prior to us slipping into the playoffs and beating Dallas, and almost beating SF, I felt it was a pretty good bet Jaire would be on his way out this offseason. Sort of a big mouth, high cap hit, suspended by the team, injured frequently, still talented sure, but seemingly declining a bit (although could just be injuries), and that's the type of guy you jettison when you are rebuilding. And we have already gotten rid of all of the other guys I thought we would move on from (except Teflon Preston Smith)

The late success complicates things, because this is no longer a straight rebuild, although I could still see us rebuilding the defense a bit. I guess I think it is unlikely at this point, but what do yall think about his likelihood of being shipped out this offseason?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Nope. No way. Absolutely not. Never anything to it. He even got high praise for how he handled his suspension. This was fan-created all the way. Never had any sourcing or rumor or insider aspect to it at all. Just a thing you (and others) made up.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

No, but part of the appeal of adding more good young talent at CB is if Jaire becomes more trouble than he is worth, you have the option.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Mar 2024 17:44
Nope. No way. Absolutely not. Never anything to it. He even got high praise for how he handled his suspension. This was fan-created all the way. Never had any sourcing or rumor or insider aspect to it at all. Just a thing you (and others) made up.
Yes I know, you are correct, I heard zero official rumors about it, but it's one of those things that would have made so much sense that it doesn't even require any rumors to be something we might think is possible or even probable.

Also, if you're referring to what MLF said about him handling his suspension, that means nothing because it was just coachspeak.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

No. Unless the brass thinks his back is ruined I don't even see why this would cross anyone's mind. Let's just stop with this rebuild crap. Nobody is in rebuild mode. This team is in SB mode. The window and time is here, not dumping top talent for future picks.

It's go time and Jaire is apart of the journey.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Didn't Gutey flat out say he isn't going anywhere? No cute language. Not going to look for it now, but I thought he did.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
11 Mar 2024 19:47
No. Unless the brass thinks his back is ruined I don't even see why this would cross anyone's mind. Let's just stop with this rebuild crap. Nobody is in rebuild mode. This team is in SB mode. The window and time is here, not dumping top talent for future picks.

It's go time and Jaire is apart of the journey.
What he said.

Rebuild? Pfft….

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

paco wrote:
11 Mar 2024 22:25
Didn't Gutey flat out say he isn't going anywhere? No cute language. Not going to look for it now, but I thought he did.
I don't believe the Packers are considering trading Alexander. Gutekunst saying he isn't going anywhere means diddly-squat. You don't have to look any further than to his comments about Aaron Jones at the combine.

With that being said, Alexander is due an $8 million roster bonus on Saturday. If the Packers want to trade him they would have to do it before that money is paid.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

CWIMM wrote:
12 Mar 2024 06:10
paco wrote:
I don't believe the Packers are considering trading Alexander. Gutekunst saying he isn't going anywhere means diddly-squat. You don't have to look any further than to his comments about Aaron Jones at the combine.

With that being said, Alexander is due an $8 million roster bonus on Saturday. If the Packers want to trade him they would have to do it before that money is paid.
Not to get down a different path, but look closer at those comments. He also mentioned needing to get through contract stuff. Gutey is usually pretty reliable on what he says. Doesn't get too cryptic. Of course, it doesn't always work out. But more often then not, you can tell what's going to happen based on what he says.

Regardless, like others have said, along with the comments, Jaire isn't going anywhere.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
12 Mar 2024 07:55
CWIMM wrote:
paco wrote:

Not to get down a different path, but look closer at those comments. He also mentioned needing to get through contract stuff. Gutey is usually pretty reliable on what he says. Doesn't get too cryptic. Of course, it doesn't always work out. But more often then not, you can tell what's going to happen based on what he says.

Regardless, like others have said, along with the comments, Jaire isn't going anywhere.
something changed his mind with Jones, I think Gute may have expected that Aaron would take another pay cut, when he refused and he heard of contract demands for Jacobs at roughly ball park figures, he decided Jacobs would be the safer choice concerning possible health concerns over the next couple seasons.

to me both would have been and are stop gap scenarios, Jacobs may still be young, but has way more mileage then the older Jones, so imo we'll still use a high pick on a RB in next months draft.

we platoon our RB's and everyone behind the departed Jones or the new Jacobs is 3rd tier RB, so it still makes sense to go after a mate for Jacobs, we'll see :)

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

paco wrote:
12 Mar 2024 07:55
CWIMM wrote:
paco wrote:

When listening to Gutekunst talk at the combine I got the impression that working out Jones' contract was just a formality. Obviously it didn't work out that way.

The Packers releasing Jones after what the GM said only two weeks ago once again reminded me to not believe everything that is said in the media. Therefore I wouldn't put too much stock into Gutekunst mentioning that Alexander won't be moved.

But as I posted above I don't expect that to happen though.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

What else was he going to do, publicly trash his teammate?
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
23 Mar 2024 10:02
I didn't realize the only choices are the absolutes at each end of the spectrum.

:lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
23 Mar 2024 10:02
people/workers, complain about stuff they don't like all the time, doesn't mean they want to leave or quit, or have any hatred towards employers or other peers at that work place, they simply disagree about currant affairs.

who wouldn't be upset with having to work for Joe Barry, or play in his ultra passive defensive schemes?

I applaud a player like Jaire for not backing down concerning what went on here the last 2 seasons under that guy, just as I did when Rasul asked for accountability.