How Are You Watching The Draft

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

What are you doing Thurday

i'll be there!!
9%
ESPN
No votes
NFL Network
27%
YouTube Live Stream
36%
Other Blogger Stream
No votes
Sports Bar
9%
Other (Please Share)
18%

Total votes: 11

BF004
Reactions:

How Are You Watching The Draft

Post by BF004 »

What or how are you watching the draft.

Willing to try something new this year, any ideas? Anything you've done in the past and liked or didn't like?

I've been a pretty religious NFLN guy with occasionally flipping to ESPN.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Going to the draft again. We get there Tuesday to have 2 days to scout out our favorite spots for the week. The last few years we spend Thursday at ground zero then head out right before the draft starts to settle in at a watering hole.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
10 Apr 2024 08:59
Going to the draft again. We get there Tuesday to have 2 days to scout out our favorite spots for the week. The last few years we spend Thursday at ground zero then head out right before the draft starts to settle in at a watering hole.
Updated the poll for you. ;)

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

when it was a 2 day affair, we'd get together, beer, pizza, grill and sit around and talk football all day with friends. Maybe it's age, but it's also the format, I just glance at my phone to see who we picked on occasion.

When it comes to GB I'll probably try and go in person.

WhiskeyIndigo
Reactions:

Post by WhiskeyIndigo »

It’s age. Remember taking Verba at such and such year, early 90’s. Technology was the TV at a bar. No phones, we did it just like you. Miss those days, scratching fantasy stats straight out of the newspaper box scores, half barrel draft parties with a bunch of friends, 12-team league. Rage all night with a timer, easel with big ass paper and a marker. No computers. No phones.

In ‘94 we had a 10 team league and I was last. Mind you, the league was loaded with stars (Cowboys, Barry, a lot), and I get two on the back-around. Favre, Sharpe, my first two. Comes back and I grab rookie Marshall Faulk on the Indy Colts. We had a pay-in $20 for highest scoring Thanksgiving weekend and Favre hit Sharpe for 4 TDs vs Dallas that day. I collected.

Also, the only player in the entire league to surpass Rookie Marshall Faulk in season points was 49ers QB Steve Young.

I lost in 1st round of playoffs due to a ton of injuries, Remember Ben Coates or Terry Allen? I’ll wait

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I really want to find a good streaming broadcast of the draft. But the one's I've tuned into in the past are either so Packers centric that they ignore anything other teams do; or they go so far off the rails they miss lots of stuff. Or they don't hang on the Packers enough.

I'll likely mostly watch NFLN and go to ESPN from time to time. But really hoping you guys offer better options.
RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Pretty sure I'm going to be playing a show during the first night (I'm a singer/guitar player in GB) so I'm just hoping a couple people are watching me instead of TV's or phones, haha.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Acrobat wrote:
10 Apr 2024 10:31
Pretty sure I'm going to be playing a show during the first night (I'm a singer/guitar player in GB) so I'm just hoping a couple people are watching me instead of TV's or phones, haha.
Johnny Wad?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Now I have ESPN/NFLN on background on mute.

Usually have sound from a Cheesehead TV broadcast. Think Herman is doing something too for his members so I may become a member. Also will buy the Draft Guide so I can read.

But primarily I just hang out with yall. It's a 3 day affair. It's my 3 days. Nobody can take it away from me. Good food. Good socializing on here and a sh*tload of college highlight videos to get me amped about my player and disregard how the guy will be a "bum" whenever lupe talks about our selections. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

BF004 wrote:
10 Apr 2024 10:59
Acrobat wrote:
10 Apr 2024 10:31
Johnny Wad?
Haha no definitely not (nothing against them though). :)

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

WhiskeyIndigo wrote:
10 Apr 2024 10:12
Remember Ben Coates or Terry Allen? I’ll wait
Yes, Coates was one of the best tight ends for a time. Allen I remember more from the Madden 96-99 video games, to be honest.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
10 Apr 2024 08:57

Same. NFLN coverage is better typically.

I might go in 2025.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Going to be heading to Stagecoach that night so will be streaming it on youtube from my friend's truck. Hopefully the wifi holds up out in the desert.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

wallyuwl wrote:
10 Apr 2024 14:20
BF004 wrote:
10 Apr 2024 08:57

Same. NFLN coverage is better typically.

I might go in 2025.
Whichever way you flip, they'll go to commercial when Green Bay is on the clock.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Living in Europe I read about who the Packers picked once I get up in the morning over the first two days. I might watch a bit on NFLN on day three.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

CWIMM wrote:
11 Apr 2024 03:11
Living in Europe I read about who the Packers picked once I get up in the morning over the first two days. I might watch a bit on NFLN on day three.
Me too. Not getting up at 4 AM or whatever to watch.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

I just switch to the draft every once in a while to see how it's going. It's WAY too boring to watch in real time.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

williewasgreat wrote:
11 Apr 2024 04:27
I just switch to the draft every once in a while to see how it's going. It's WAY too boring to watch in real time.
Similar take only I don't find it boring, I find it tedious. The broadcast jabber-jaws gotta fill the air with noise and most of it is either 1) something I've heard/read a bazillion times over already or 2) something I couldn't care less about.

I generally follow the flow of picks and then tune in once the Packers pick gets close. I have found I simply can't sit through the broadcast for hours on end without drinking myself into oblivion as a broadcast coping crutch.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I sometimes ignore Day 1 of the draft and tune in late Day 2 so I can see both our Round 1 and 2 picks together. Often Round 3 will come not long after I start watching. That kind of takes the sting out of head-scratcher picks, especially if I like one of the other picks.

I will watch as normal this year, though. Not sure which platform yet.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

CWIMM wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:
11 Apr 2024 04:25
CWIMM wrote:
Me too. Not getting up at 4 AM or whatever to watch.
slackers
RIP JustJeff