Brazil

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

WhiskeyIndigo
Reactions:

Brazil

Post by WhiskeyIndigo »

They have nice bikini lines, but what to make of this? Personally, wasn’t a fan of the Mexico City game Oakland vs Houston 2016 when I showed up to work and turned on the radio for that Monday night game and the Westwood One broadcast was entirely in SPANISH. On American radio. Well, my best advice is don’t wander far from the hotel, no mysterious alcohol consumption, no ladies of the night and curfew is 5 p.m. local.

This time around it’ll probably be in Portuguese, even tougher.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

I heard that it'll be the Eagles and it'll be in some foreign country's, I forget which. Do we play the eagles?
Well well well...just a lying sack of poop are we? ;)
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Sounds like this will be closer to a Packer home game than it is for the Eagles, at least from a fan standpoint. I've seen several takes from Brazilians on X that testify to a huge Packer following in Brazil. Apparently the community owned team aspect, which is similar to their football (soccer) system, really resonates with them.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Not really excited by this. I know there are problems everywhere, but Brazil isn't a country I'd be sending my players to. I have not been, but I have more than 2 handfuls of friends who have and still do spend significant time down there due to marriage or work. I trust what they tell me. It was bad a decade ago and it's gotten worse. Even knowing what their gov't will do to keep the viewing sanitized would be enough for me to not be sending a game there.

WhiskeyIndigo
Reactions:

Post by WhiskeyIndigo »

Bad
Last edited by WhiskeyIndigo on 10 Apr 2024 09:22, edited 1 time in total.

WhiskeyIndigo
Reactions:

Post by WhiskeyIndigo »

Admit it: Brazil has passion and population, but 85% is a hellhole we wouldn’t live in. Nice move, Goodell, rake it in and leave bare spots in the grass once it’s over.

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

WhiskeyIndigo
Reactions:

Post by WhiskeyIndigo »

Willink wrote:
10 Apr 2024 09:21
Ain’t nobody give a crap about that dude

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

9 of our final 16 games will be at Lambeau. :lombardi:

WhiskeyIndigo
Reactions:

Post by WhiskeyIndigo »

Let’s reflect and hang our heads that the game is being played in São Paulo, not Rio Di Janeiro, the site of one of the most epic Olympic disasters this side of Sochi. The Packers will be playing in a modest 42,000 seat arena. Not an abandoned, empty 140,000 seat rusting edifice from 2016. Thank the lord. :messedup:

Let us bow our heads in prayer…….

WhiskeyIndigo
Reactions:

Post by WhiskeyIndigo »

BF004 wrote:
10 Apr 2024 09:32
9 of our final 16 games will be at Lambeau. :lombardi:
That hasn’t meant a damn thing since Holmgren was here. Lambeau is anyone’s field. Mike had those gates locked in behind them.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

I'm just scared that if they are designated to play there, the team might not make it back out of that place.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

The positive is the Packers don't have to go to Philly and endure a modern sewer.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
10 Apr 2024 10:17
The positive is the Packers don't have to go to Philly and endure a modern sewer.
For Packers fans, I'd take my chances in a pro-Packers &%$@ hole in Brazil versus the anti-Packers &%$@ hole in Philly.

Read More. Post Less.

WhiskeyIndigo
Reactions:

Post by WhiskeyIndigo »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
10 Apr 2024 10:17
Bring sparkling water from Niagara Springs by the pallet load.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Suprised nobody else has mentioned that we now have to buy Peakcock to watch the game.

And I have zero fear about the Packers team and its safety. Ain't now way anything is happening to them. US fans going there need to be smart. But pretty cool to see the reactions of Brazilians. And yes. It makes sense the NFL made sure it was the Packers.

Also not too concerned about the long flight. It's week 1. Getting there won't be an issue as they have over a month of training camp to prepare. Getting home also shouldn't be a huge deal considering they will be home by Saturday evening and have Sunday to rest up while everyone else is playing games.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Right. The teams safety and security will be fine smh. UFC has been doing events down there for 20 years with no worries of fighter safety. Philly and a few other NFL cities harass players and they get out fine.

Packer home game south of the equator. Let's go

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
10 Apr 2024 10:59
Suprised nobody else has mentioned that we now have to buy Peakcock to watch the game.

And I have zero fear about the Packers team and its safety. Ain't now way anything is happening to them. US fans going there need to be smart. But pretty cool to see the reactions of Brazilians. And yes. It makes sense the NFL made sure it was the Packers.

Also not too concerned about the long flight. It's week 1. Getting there won't be an issue as they have over a month of training camp to prepare. Getting home also shouldn't be a huge deal considering they will be home by Saturday evening and have Sunday to rest up while everyone else is playing games.
If you aren't in the local area and can't get it over the air, just sign up for a free trial and cancel after the game.

But I agree it sucks. NFL is starting to take MLB's advice on the how to broadcast games. "We don't care if you can watch it, as long as we are getting paid a lot to broadcast it somewhere."
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

im much more aggravated about the "exclusively on pisscock thing" i will never pay $5 more for a cable companys product when i already have cable
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23