Brazil

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Apr 2024 11:39
im much more aggravated about the "exclusively on pisscock thing" i will never pay $5 more for a cable companys product when i already have cable
Get rid of cable and pay the $5 to watch the Packers. Enjoy the product for one month and cancel. It's the way the world works. No sense fighting it.

:beer2:

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
10 Apr 2024 10:20
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
10 Apr 2024 10:17
The positive is the Packers don't have to go to Philly and endure a modern sewer.
For Packers fans, I'd take my chances in a pro-Packers &%$@ hole in Brazil versus the anti-Packers &%$@ hole in Philly.
Exactly...by both counts.

All the griping about Brazil and the sewer that it is perceived to be...and what, Philly is an urban utopia??

:roll:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
10 Apr 2024 12:03
Drj820 wrote:
im much more aggravated about the "exclusively on pisscock thing" i will never pay $5 more for a cable companys product when i already have cable
Get rid of cable and pay the $5 to watch the Packers. Enjoy the product for one month and cancel. It's the way the world works. No sense fighting it.

Isn't that sports thing coming on board soon where you buy a subscription and get all sports channels?

I have no problem paying a fee to be able to watch all NFL games. Where it starts to get annoying is:

NFL Plus for preseason games except
when it's not on local tv in regular season get Sunday Ticket works except
when it's on ESPN. So get ESPN except
when it's on NFLN. So get NFLN except
when it's on Amazon Thursday Night. So get Amazon Prime except
when it's on Peacock

I mean we are talking now up to 6 services to sign up for to get a whole season. I'd be more than happy to pay once that covers everything and has one log in.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I don't pay for anything except quality internet service (which everybody should have anyway) , a VPN service (which everybody should have anyway), a cheap IPTV service, and a cheap real debrid account that filters for quality television/movie streaming.

If the NFL and every network broadcasting company can be greedy and underhanded, then so can I. Screw 'em and their paid subscriptions.

#cutthecord

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I have peecock... but will watch a stream instead, which will definitely be legal.

*edit* wtf did autocorrect do to my post... fixed
Last edited by Labrev on 10 Apr 2024 13:19, edited 1 time in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

My only complaint about this is that like 2-4 of us had discussed going to the game in Philly and now I don't have a nearby Packers away game

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
10 Apr 2024 12:48
My only complaint about this is that like 2-4 of us had discussed going to the game in Philly and now I don't have a nearby Packers away game
Sounds like an opportunity for a longer road trip.

:aok:

Read More. Post Less.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
10 Apr 2024 12:48
I thought about that, too. That aspect is disappointing.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
10 Apr 2024 12:19
NCF wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Isn't that sports thing coming on board soon where you buy a subscription and get all sports channels?

I have no problem paying a fee to be able to watch all NFL games. Where it starts to get annoying is:

when it's on Peacock

I mean we are talking now up to 6 services to sign up for to get a whole season. I'd be more than happy to pay once that covers everything and has one log in.
This is where I get frustrated, too.

It's never enough for the NFL. They're always looking for more ways to "grow the brand" as they term it, although "exploit the fanbase" is more like it. The NFL is no different than the Rockerfeller's, Carnegie's, or more modern examples, Jeff Bezos or Warren Buffett. There is no satisfying these people. The need for greater revenue generation and earnings for the select few associated with the league, i.e. owners, staffs, players, is insatiable.

@Labrev would not approve...

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

i dont even pay for the cable i do have. I just have a log in. But the NFL knowing we are addicted and then exploiting up and squeezing us for every possible penny is sickening!

And I wont be playing along. Peecock didnt even have a trial during the exclusive playoff game. They can F themselves
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

If anyone was considering Peacock as a streaming service, its better than Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, etc. It's quite good.

Plus it has every single WCW and WWE, Raw and Nitro and Thunder and Smackdown and Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble, ever.

Something super fun about just throwing on the 2006 Royal Rumble having zero clue who wins and watching Cena, Kane, The Rock, HHH and Stone Cold battling it out at the end. Or you can go back and watch some 1988 Macho Man vs Hulk matches, again, usually no idea who wins. All good stuff.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

NCF wrote:
10 Apr 2024 10:20
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
10 Apr 2024 10:17
The positive is the Packers don't have to go to Philly and endure a modern sewer.
For Packers fans, I'd take my chances in a pro-Packers &%$@ hole in Brazil versus the anti-Packers &%$@ hole in Philly.
This man does have a pretty good point. I remember when they came here, we were half joking when wondering how many Eagles fans would get kicked out for fighting with other Eagle's fans.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The peacock thing is the fault of nfl addicts. Sure the nfl is immoral for exploiting actual addicts. But this crap stops is every fan cancels their peaock subscription a month before out of protest, this Hackery will increase and continue

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

And to be clear. Yes I will Peacock for the game.

Packers are my favorite form of entertainment. A small subscription fee won't stop me from watching the Packers.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

small fees won't stop me, but I'll cut my leg off on principle alone LOL. I've loved the Packers since I can remember and i have memories going back almost 5 decades. Have barely ever missed a game, but I can, and life will go on.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
10 Apr 2024 15:24
The peacock thing is the fault of nfl addicts. Sure the nfl is immoral for exploiting actual addicts. But this crap stops is every fan cancels their peaock subscription a month before out of protest, this Hackery will increase and continue
I got peacock Thanksgiving 2022. But forgot to renew last fall. So I got it during the special before the playoffs game. I actually think it is worth $30 per year I paid even without the nfl

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

It’s the principal of the matter for me. Amazon already has exclusive games. This goes well and paramount will be next

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Not gonna lie.

If I had to buy 17 subscriptions for each game...I'd do it. :lol:

It's my Packers. I am very, very irrational when you mess with my Packers.

Will I bitch?! :contract: :bkw: :bigcry: ....Absolutely.

Will I concede? You better believe it.

Yoop wrote:

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

go pak go wrote:

when it's on Peacock

I suggest that you move to Europe and get an NFL Game Pass subscription. There you can watch all NFL games and shows using only one service :)

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

APB wrote:
10 Apr 2024 13:13
go pak go wrote:
NCF wrote:

when it's on Peacock

This is where I get frustrated, too.

It's never enough for the NFL. They're always looking for more ways to "grow the brand" as they term it, although "exploit the fanbase" is more like it. The NFL is no different than the Rockerfeller's, Carnegie's, or more modern examples, Jeff Bezos or Warren Buffett. There is no satisfying these people. The need for greater revenue generation and earnings for the select few associated with the league, i.e. owners, staffs, players, is insatiable.

@Labrev would not approve...
Kind of an interesting topic all on its own. I guess its capitalism at its best though. I am not sure what else to call it.

I blame FOX for outbidding CBS for the rights to broadcast NFC games back in 1993 by over 100 million and everyone thought it was crazy, but in the end was genius. :clap: IF you want to watch ALL the games of this multi billion dollar industry your going to have to PAY!!! I guess I am to old to care. I will pay what I have to, to watch my Packers.

I do get the frustration for some though.