Packers Sign Andre Dillard

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Packers Sign Andre Dillard

Post by BF004 »

Favorite of many a few drafts ago.

Solid signing, pro ready swing tackle the one thing I feel would be quite difficult to find in the draft without spending a 1st. Be easier to get an RG starter than someone you feel good about throwing out at LT or RT.

Good enough to get a 3 year 30 million contract 2 years ago he didn’t finish and wasn’t good in Tennessee.

I’ll be happy with anything under $3m.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

He's been crap. But hopefully we can fix him. Regardless, doesn't change anything in the draft. But gives us options. A signing that makes sense.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Nice signing (pending the deets). This is a Rick Wagner and Dennis Kelly kind of signing. See what you will about those two, they definitely paid dividends for us.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I wonder why it didn't work out for Dillard. Really good athlete at T, has all the tools, yet Philly let him walk and he was a disaster in TEN.

Players that play as poorly as he did this past season rarely go on to be serviceable, much less good, so I am not going to get real excited for this, but on rare occasions, some do turn it around. If we get pre-2023 Nijman-caliber play from him as a swing T, this signing is a success, but as it stands, he is not a good bet to even make the 53.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Before y’all get all worked up…egads.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Vet minimum exploration. Something we wanted Thompson to do, but rarely did.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Just kicking the tires hopefully he's easy to cut after camp if he continues his awful career. He was been terrible. Maybe GB can mold him or if not cut bIt. I see nothing wrong with the move

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

To me I think Dillard suffered from the same thing Spriggs did. He’s a great athlete for the position but he lacks strength and has the reaction time of a retarded snail.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

NCF wrote:
18 Apr 2024 16:34
Never knew the defense snapped, :nuts:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

paco wrote:
18 Apr 2024 16:11
He's been crap. But hopefully we can fix him. Regardless, doesn't change anything in the draft. But gives us options. A signing that makes sense.
This might be another feeble attempt by Gutey to act like he's doing something useful before the draft ............. hoping we get over/forget the Packers letting Aaron Jones go to the Vikings. I'm still trying to find a buyer for Gutey's autograph.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
18 Apr 2024 20:58
paco wrote:
This might be another feeble attempt by Gutey to act like he's doing something useful before the draft ............. hoping we get over/forget the Packers letting Aaron Jones go to the Vikings. I'm still trying to find a buyer for Gutey's autograph.
Or, you know, he signed the top Safety in free agency to address the team's greatest weakness.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

i hated losing Jones as much as anyone. He's a great guy. In the locker room, in the community, on the field, just a great example of a man. Mistakes and all.

But this offseason has been pretty good for the Packers. with Jacobs and McKinney. This signing is just what it is. Veteran, see what he can do, even guys that are below average find roster spots on every single NFL team especially on the offensive line.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

musclestang wrote:
19 Apr 2024 05:32
i hated losing Jones as much as anyone. He's a great guy. In the locker room, in the community, on the field, just a great example of a man. Mistakes and all.

But this offseason has been pretty good for the Packers. with Jacobs and McKinney. This signing is just what it is. Veteran, see what he can do, even guys that are below average find roster spots on every single NFL team especially on the offensive line.
Yeah right or wrong, we don't know this yet, it is very evident the Packers truly believe they upgraded RB1 this off-season. I get that impression from the contract and from Gute's words at his media pressers.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
paco wrote:
Sheesh, not sure what it would take to please you. By most accounts of national/local press he's been doing a pretty fantastic job. Turning around an "all-in" Aaron Rodgers team into a super young talented team that looks poised to compete for a very long time and in extremely short timeframe to boot.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Madcity_matt wrote:
19 Apr 2024 11:02
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
paco wrote:
Sheesh, not sure what it would take to please you. By most accounts of national/local press he's been doing a pretty fantastic job. Turning around an "all-in" Aaron Rodgers team into a super young talented team that looks poised to compete for a very long time and in extremely short timeframe to boot.
Ringo is just mad because no one has seen his baseball.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
paco wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: a little slap once in a while, cool, to often, un cool, :nono: I hated to see us move on from Jones as much as anyone, but Jacobs will turn out little healthier and longer position fix, time will tell.

And the McKinney signing was a key addition to this defense, expensive, but needed, Now Dillard doesn't seem like much, but simply bringing him in to basically just get a look see, actually like that, tells me he's covering all the bases with respect to our OL, if he's the dud we all expect, we can just cut him loose.

If this draft turns out like the last 2 I think I'll be happy

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Yoop wrote:
19 Apr 2024 13:27
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
paco wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: a little slap once in a while, cool, to often, un cool, :nono: I hated to see us move on from Jones as much as anyone, but Jacobs will turn out little healthier and longer position fix, time will tell.

And the McKinney signing was a key addition to this defense, expensive, but needed, Now Dillard doesn't seem like much, but simply bringing him in to basically just get a look see, actually like that, tells me he's covering all the bases with respect to our OL, if he's the dud we all expect, we can just cut him loose.

If this draft turns out like the last 2 I think I'll be happy
If this draft turns out anything like the last two a whole lot of people are going to be happy. And some of them will still complain, I'm sure.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Currently the goal is solely to host and win an NFC championship game at Lambeau. The sooner the better!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
19 Apr 2024 15:28
Currently the goal is solely to host and win an NFC championship game at Lambeau. The sooner the better!
We just hosted that. Kevin King couldn’t cover Scotty Miller.

I’d rather just have winning the Super Bowl be the goal. Also sooner the better!