Final Draft Takes / Bold Predictions

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Bears still suck

Chargers wouldn't even use a WR
No votes
Packers would absolutely be willing to take a guard at 25
36%
Rome Odunze is the best WR in the class
18%
We should trade up for Terrion Arnold
18%
Joe Alt will not be a Titan
18%
I plan on drinking 25 beers before we pick at 25.
9%

Total votes: 11

BF004
Reactions:

Final Draft Takes / Bold Predictions

Post by BF004 »

Few random assortment of thoughts from me.

Is there a dumber argument that the Chargers won't take a WR, then nerds say 'Would they even make use of a good receiver? We know Harbaugh wants to run the ball.' I don't know, just so stupid. Even if you run a ton, you are still throwing 55-60% of the time and what would help the running game more than an elite deep threat on the outside always forcing a deep safety or off coverage.

Packers wouldn't take a guard at 25. Also dumb. They've taken Haha at 16, traded up to 21 for another safety and took an off ball LB at 22. They took Elgotn in the 40's. They took at TE at 42 last year. Now I am not saying they will be any means, but I think ridiculous to suggest the Packers wouldn't because it isn't a premium position (it is according to NFL salaries). At least way more premium than TE, LB or S.

Combination of lack of time and and need this year, as well as just a crazy amount of top tier WRs (top 100) for me to really dig into a ton of these guys. I usually end up having guys I hate and don't like. I haven't found one this year yet, I really like them all to some degree. Hard to put a hard stamp on it, again, didn't get to do a deeper level of research I'd like to have, but I think I have Rome Odunze as my #1 player in this draft class and Marvin Harrison is #2. I like Nabers a lot, just not sure he really belongs in that top 15 range. In fact I think I like Brian Thomas more. Brian Thomas Jr is on a short list of surprise picks at 25 I would absolutely love.

But I think there is a clear top 4, then after that, that 25 to 75 range, probably 10 guys I all like quite a bit and could really go in many orders.

Terrion Arnold is my favorite player for us in this draft, who we could realistically get. I think he is potentially the player in this class who could have the biggest 2024 impact of everyone as well. 12, 13 and 14, you got Den, LV and NO, all should be considering trade backs, IMO. I think we'd have to move up ahead of Indy at 15 if we really wanted him for sure. \

Can you ever think of a time there has been a pick at 7, Joe Alt to Tennessee, that has happened in like 80-90% of all mocks. Feel like many years pick #1 doesn't have 80-90% consensus. And I agree with it, but just so weird that a pick so late seems so locked in.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

To nuke two of your takes, I think the Chargers are taking Joe Alt at 5.

Yes, they need WRs. Yes, there are three elite WRs. But Alt is also an elite OT.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I don't think Dallas Turner is the top defensive player in the draft or even the first EDGE drafted. I think more of the film guys look at him and see a good player, but not a special player. I like his speed, youth, and versatility as an off-ball guy with edge capabilities, but I bet he's more of a middle round one guy than a top ten type of guy.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Bo Nix to the Broncos.... in round 3

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Apr 2024 15:22
To nuke two of your takes, I think the Chargers are taking Joe Alt at 5.

Yes, they need WRs. Yes, there are three elite WRs. But Alt is also an elite OT.
Wouldn't surprise me at 5, any of the WR's or a trade back makes a ton of sense.

I really hope the Giants want a QB. They can move to 4 or 5 and then Arizona or the Chargers will basically still get the guy they want, without having to move down to 11. Would just be beyond hilarious if the Vikings get boxed out of a top 4 QB.

If the Patriots don't budge, if you are the Cardinals, almost just have to ask yourself would your rather have Marvin Harrison Jr, or Nabers/Odunze and the Giants 2nd and probably their 2nd next year. No brainer for me there. They wouldn't have to risk not getting a WR at all. Then at 5, Chargers can threaten the Giants, we'll trade with the Vikings if you don't give us your 2nd. They still get their same guy and a free 2nd. Both work great. Just couldn't laugh hard enough if the Vikings take Penix at 11 and they are stuck with that other 1st now and no 2nds this year or next.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

All the ways the Vikings could miss out on a top four quarterback are my favorite scenarios to think about :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Oh, also, for those all those ‘experts’ like Bucky Brooks who won’t ‘project trades’, just say your mock ‘sucks’ then. The Vikings aren’t taking JJ McCarthy at 11 so your whole exercise is ‘worthless’.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

The one thing that I think about most in this draft is whether Guty trades up, trades back, trades out, or holds what he has. This is the year, I think, where he trades up. He's mentioned wanting to draft as many as possible. And we all know that every "news" before the Commish walks onto the stage with the card is all smoke and mirrors.

So, Guty trades up. But who is THE guy that he wants? Not OLine, because he can have those later. A Safety/CB? Maybe. A LB? Nah. DLine? Maybe.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Scott4Pack wrote:
23 Apr 2024 18:47
The one thing that I think about most in this draft is whether Guty trades up, trades back, trades out, or holds what he has. This is the year, I think, where he trades up. He's mentioned wanting to draft as many as possible. And we all know that every "news" before the Commish walks onto the stage with the card is all smoke and mirrors.

So, Guty trades up. But who is THE guy that he wants? Not OLine, because he can have those later. A Safety/CB? Maybe. A LB? Nah. DLine? Maybe.
I know you take pressers for what they’re worth but just yesterday, Gutey said that he’d love to end up with 13 or 14 picks (when asked if 11 was too many). He also said, of note to one of my draft thoughts, that giving up a pick on days one or two wouldn’t be tough to do to move up—would have to really be a guy.

So I’d be surprised if we trade anything above a 4th even though I think one late third moves us an important 4-5 spots given team needs.

But just food for thought on the pick trading.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I want to see the Packers draft a blue chip linebacker, a starting quality defensive back, and a sleeper running back. And a serviceable offensive lineman. Maybe even 2 serviceable offensive linemen.
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 24 Apr 2024 07:43, edited 1 time in total.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Packers draft either nobody named Cooper, or multiple Cooper's (won't be 1).
RIP JustJeff

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I think what is least likely to happen is for me to drink the 25 beers

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Chargers will def go OL if they dont trade back.

Packers will trade up for someone in the secondary whether koolaid (hope not), terrion, or the caucasion from iowa
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Apr 2024 08:34

Packers will trade up for someone in the secondary whether koolaid (hope not), terrion, or the caucasion from iowa
Not a prediction, but I hope, more than about anything, that Harbaugh/Chargers draft JJ McCarthy and every other Michigan draftee. Just for the absurdity and chaos of it.

I hate Harbaugh - not a prediction, but a fact.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Our first pick is a pass rusher (Chop Robinson) and this forum has post after post for the next 7 years of how we needed a different position isntead even when the pass rusher 3 years from now is an All Pro.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
24 Apr 2024 09:40
Our first pick is a pass rusher (Chop Robinson) and this forum has post after post for the next 7 years of how we needed a different position isntead even when the pass rusher 3 years from now is an All Pro.
No way. That’s totally unrealistic. Would never happen.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Drj820 wrote:

UPDATE: New prediction based on new inside info: We grab the caucasion from iowa if he is available (but i dont think he will be) and if he is not...we do not make a selection tonight
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Apr 2024 10:56
Drj820 wrote:

UPDATE: New prediction based on new inside info: We grab the caucasion from iowa if he is available (but i dont think he will be) and if he is not...we do not make a selection tonight
Last year my "most likely first pick" going into the night was Lukas Van Ness. A rare time I got it right. I also got Kenny Clark right in 2016.

This year my "most likely first pick" is Cooper DeJean.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Put your entry in @paco's contest.

Read More. Post Less.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

I agree we don't make a selection tonight. But it is because tonight is Wednesday.