2024 Draft Day 1 Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Day 1

Poll ended at 26 Apr 2024 05:14

Dejean
54%
Barton
23%
Guyton
No votes
Kool-Aid
8%
Mims
No votes
Trade up
No votes
Trade down
15%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 13

BF004
Reactions:

2024 Draft Day 1 Discussion

Post by BF004 »

Nnnn go

AI image generator's take on a draft party at Lambeau. :lol:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Happy Cooper DeJean Day! Practically everyone is mocking him to us, even saw a trade down and we get him. Is this a foregone conclusion like AJ Hawk? Or is everyone off on this?

Hoping for some drama at the top to make tonight interesting. I'll have my new TV fired up and my laptop on to keep the draft contest updated. Also to watch the internet keep showing how dumb it is. Not to mention, chat with you knuckleheads. :beer2:

Let's get us some guys to get us more of these! :lombardi:
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Does anyone know if NFLN or ESPN will have anything in Green Bay, where they cut to a random bar for fan reaction? Can’t find anything and don’t see anything at the stadium, either.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Hearing a few more un-reputable rumblings about Harbaugh taking McCarthy and the Vikings acquiring Herbert. Not sure how the logistics would work with Herbert's contract, but would be interesting.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
25 Apr 2024 07:07
Hearing a few more un-reputable rumblings about Harbaugh taking McCarthy and the Vikings acquiring Herbert. Not sure how the logistics would work with Herbert's contract, but would be interesting.
I looked at that a while back, thought it made a bunch of sense.

But Chargers would have like an extra 76 million cap hit this year, which they don't even have close to having. Where there is a will there is a way, maybe you can do something with his contract? But from how I understand contracts, its basically mathematically impossible to pull this off. Again, unless there are accounting gimmicks I am unaware of.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

That is total nonsense
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
repudiation is boring :rotf: we much rather entertain conspiracy theories, unsubstantiated innuendo, and out right fibs then proving them wrong :rotf:

I have no useful information to share, just a bit bored :rotf:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

NCF wrote:
Neither one of them are going to take him. They're pumping up the hype to get teams nervous to jump up and try and take him earlier than he should probably go. :)

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

paco wrote:
25 Apr 2024 11:05
I'm not a betting person, but are there seriously betting lines on the draft like this?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

If you look hard enough there are betting lines on everything.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

NCF wrote:
It is laughable nonsense that shouldn't even be commented on. Lets move off a QB that I think personally is top 3 and will be just that with Harbaugh, for the equivalent of Mac Jones. :thwap: Just my opinion

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

BF004 wrote:
25 Apr 2024 06:32
Does anyone know if NFLN or ESPN will have anything in Green Bay, where they cut to a random bar for fan reaction? Can’t find anything and don’t see anything at the stadium, either.
Wouldn't be shocked if they show up at Stadium View.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Acrobat wrote:
25 Apr 2024 11:40
BF004 wrote:
They have a band tonight. I know they got multiple rooms. But they sure didn’t advertise anything. Thought maybe the Distillery, but no radio show or anything on their website I saw.

Ever been to the lyric room? Corey Behnke live streaming cheeseheadtv there tonight.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I'm at the point where if we don't get either Cooper DeJean or Javon Bullard this weekend, I'll be morose. Which is a dangerous place to be; like I was with Christian Watson and Alec Pierce. I want both; I need one; fingers crossed.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

BF004 wrote:
25 Apr 2024 12:07
Acrobat wrote:
25 Apr 2024 11:40
BF004 wrote:
They have a band tonight. I know they got multiple rooms. But they sure didn’t advertise anything. Thought maybe the Distillery, but no radio show or anything on their website I saw.

Ever been to the lyric room? Corey Behnke live streaming cheeseheadtv there tonight.
Oh wow, I'm surprised they have a band on Draft night (and why didn't the book me, haha jk I'm playing there in July).

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Bulaga announcing Packers Day Two pick(s?)

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Apr 2024 14:16
Bulaga announcing Packers Day Two pick(s?)
Not sure there are any Iowa guys who will go Day 2. Bump him up to day 1 so he can annouce DeJean.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’m pretty sure Gute either traded up for a top CB, sits for a lineman, and won’t take Cooper Dejean.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

paco wrote:
25 Apr 2024 06:29
Happy Cooper DeJean Day! Practically everyone is mocking him to us, even saw a trade down and we get him. Is this a foregone conclusion like AJ Hawk? Or is everyone off on this?

Hoping for some drama at the top to make tonight interesting. I'll have my new TV fired up and my laptop on to keep the draft contest updated. Also to watch the internet keep showing how dumb it is. Not to mention, chat with you knuckleheads. :beer2:

Let's get us some guys to get us more of these! :lombardi:
I feel like you can't really have a sure thing picking at 25 to the degree to which you can have a sure thing picking at 5. So no, I definitely do not think it is a foregone conclusion.