2024 Draft Day 2 Discussion

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Boo

Let Gute Cook
37%
#DeJeanNoMatterWhat
11%
Ted hates playmakerz
11%
We making 4 picks today.
42%

Total votes: 19

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pugger wrote:
26 Apr 2024 20:14
What picks do we have in the 3rd?
88 and 91. Two picks, but both late.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Is the safety good?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

No worries, be happy :rotfl: :favre: :cheese: :cigar: :toke: :packers:

Guty is picking all the needs, and doing pretty well at lining up value, Hafley just got a couple of great prospects to jump start his schemes, and we added a key clog to the OL, pretty good draft so far

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Arnold and Rakestraw is some nice ability/attitude in the Lions' secondary. They're smart builders.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

texas wrote:
26 Apr 2024 20:15
Is the safety good?
A top rated Safety. A high pedigree of playing at Georgia. Physical. Fits our need.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

texas wrote:
26 Apr 2024 20:15
Is the safety good?
yup!

probably spend a lot of time in the nickel or otherwise a little closer to the l.o.s. but has the speed and instincts to be rangy if needed also.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 Apr 2024 20:16
Arnold and Rakestraw is some nice ability/attitude in the Lions' secondary. They're smart builders.
Those Lions are stacking up on their back end in a big way. Amazing too how this league is all about passing. Maybe Lions are actually ahead of the curve on designing teams for the modern game. But we will still beat them.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

I honestly cant decide who's better. Hicks or Bullard. I like both.

They are 21 years old but Hicks is taller and more athletic whilst Bullard has better short area quickness.

Hicks can do a bit of everything at safety but Bullard is perhaps more position versatile.

Would that be a fair quick assessment?

I'm surprised Gute went "small" at DB. I suppose Bullard short area quickness was a better fit in Hafley's defence.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Chilli wrote:
26 Apr 2024 20:26
I honestly cant decide who's better. Hicks or Bullard. I like both.

They are 21 years old but Hicks is taller and more athletic whilst Bullard has better short area quickness.

Hicks can do a bit of everything at safety but Bullard is perhaps more position versatile.

Would that be a fair quick assessment?

I'm surprised Gute went "small" at DB. I suppose Bullard short area quickness was a better fit in Hafley's defence.
Yeah, Bishop, despite his timed speed and metrics, is thought of more as a pure strong safety. Bullard can play anywhere--nickel, strong, free. The versatility point is accurate. He's a little smaller, but not a bad tackler or someone who lacks physicality. In fact as a nickel he has solid size. As a safety he's a little light and shorter than a lot of people like but he has the football IQ to play anywhere. He was a deep safety and a "star" in an NFL-style scheme from his freshman year arrival. He can learn a scheme/assignment and do different things within a real scheme immediately. He's just so smart.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Waldo wrote:
26 Apr 2024 20:12
Gute is just following my big board of need apparently. Interior OL next?
Christian Haynes and Cooper Beebe two names to watch, two very traditional packers fits on the inside.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Goodness, getting Edge Cooper, Javon Bullard, an extra 5th and an extra 6th is like almost literally my ideal second round. Had I said what I wanted in round two before the draft it would have been either this or Junior Colson instead of Cooper (both have their strengths and weaknesses and am legit happy with either)

I really wanted that extra 4th and 5th but I'll settle for an extra 5th and 6th.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Knowing roughly who’s still on the board, i think I want IOL and WR coming up.

Don’t love the CBs really here, wouldn’t double up on LB and S until rounds 5+.

Don’t love the RBs with Benson gone, no TEs i like.

Want either a 1T or edge, think we can all shift in or shift out. But we got enough of the 280-310 lb guys.

Can’t find one I like much around this range.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yikes that's a mediocre tackle the Pats just took

Maybe I'm biased by our athletic standards which he just won't hit, but meh.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 Apr 2024 19:52
Guys bear in mind that, like, having an emotional response to a course of events is not sober, sound analytical evaluation of what's happening right now.

I'm sad because my favorite guy got sniped from us one pick ahead. I'm sad because I wanted this draft to be primarily about the secondary and I've watched so many favorite secondary players go. I'm sad because the OL we got wasn't the precise fit I wanted for the OL picks I wanted.

This is about me/my expectations. We have a whole dang offseason to thoughtfully analyze the resulting draft class and they're fits with the team.

But goodness, this draft has been a tease. And it's tough to get drunk and build up your hopes and watch a tease tease you.
Totally get it bud!
Love your content, please keep it up.
The draft is where you shine!

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 Apr 2024 20:07
lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Apr 2024 20:05
I had Bullard completely off my board before he added his weight. I’ll have to look into him again but not a fan of his size for a S.
Bruh. He is exactly what we need as a guy who can play nickel or safety and has ALL the smarts and instincts.

I agree he's lighter than you want for a safety but not by much and he has legit nickel cover ability and has played everywhere in an NFL-style defense. He's perfect for our needs.

I can breathe again.
Love he pick, but he easily may not be a starter on day 1

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
26 Apr 2024 20:43

Want either a 1T or edge, think we can all shift in or shift out. But we got enough of the 280-310 lb guys.

I like some iOL options for sure. Tanor Bordolini would be a lovely mood enhancer for me

I could deal with a Mason Smith at DT but no one else I don't think.

I'm willing to double up on LB and safety in round 3: Would like DTD or Oladipo at safety still. Payton Wilson's age and injury history is pushing him into a range I feel comfortable with, also.

RB is on the table for the higher end of the next tier; we're still a lot of picks away. Tracy might go in round 3 even, but agree I'd rather wait.

Some interesting edge options might still be there. My fave is Jonah Ellis but there are some guys who might be fun to work with.

TJ Tampa, Cam Hart, and Krys Abrams-Draine are interesting corner names. Not sure if Tampa and Hart are the type of big long physical CBs we want; scheme dependent. Abrams-Draine is thin/light but an intriguing skillset.

Brownlee might be a bit of a reach but I'd go for it at 91.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

We need some RBs. I know this class sucks or whatever, but going into the season with Jacobs and Dillon doesn't inspire confidence.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Colson finally goes. Interesting to hear the hype and it not deliver.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

Trevin Wallace goes. We had a chance at him if we wanted to double up at athletic LB

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
26 Apr 2024 20:53
BF004 wrote:
26 Apr 2024 20:43

I like some iOL options for sure. Tanor Bordolini would be a lovely mood enhancer for me

I could deal with a Mason Smith at DT but no one else I don't think.
I think Maason Smith is gone